Commercially astute ACCA (CPA equivalent) with a pro-active approach to finance and business support, demonstrating the skills and financial expertise needed to help drive financial controls, compliance, enhance systems, and for managing risk. Strong financial analytics and business analysis skills having been involved in major IT system deployments (both on and offshore). Value-add approach to improving reporting
Commercially astute ACCA (CPA equivalent) with a pro-active approach to finance and business support, demonstrating the skills and financial expertise needed to help drive financial controls, compliance, enhance systems, and for managing risk. Strong financial analytics and business analysis skills having been involved in major IT system deployments (both on and offshore). Value-add approach to improving reporting whilst meeting the needs of all business stakeholders. Versatile to meet the needs of all levels of business operations, and recognised as a true-business partner.
Senior Commercial Analyst @ Second in command and reporting to the senior commercial manager, business managers and general manager.
• I consolidate the weekly financial reporting package and review commentaries before submission to board level.
• I review capex costing models and preserve the profitability of the projects.
• I oversee 16 warehouse sites, with the objective to maximise profitability and return on capital employed.
• I manage commercial relationships between the Business Unit and the customer
• I deployed business process improvement initaitives to increase operational excellence.
• Proven experiece to be able to hit the ground running by handling the predecessor portfolio in 1 month time.
• I have brought in additional $100K revenue to the business through resolving revenue leakages in contract.
• I launched new automated invoicing template to increase efficiency of the admin managers, reducing their workload by 2 hours. From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaFinance Business Partner @ Reported to Senior Finance Manager and General Manager
• Prepared the monthly reporting package including P&L reports gas, water and external works projects under this $100million business, coupled with commentary on Actual vs. Budget and variances.
• Prepares, consolidates and reviews annual bottom up budget, 20 years budgets and monthly rolling forecast.
• Prepares monthly invoicing package to external clients.
• Resolving project accounting issues
• Liase with internal and external audit on compliance with annual audit, internal control testing and compliance.
• Supporting Corporate Reporting Manager in regulatory submission.
• Completed 3 budgets(annual, 20 years, and 2 year rolling forecast) in 5 months.
• Proven experience to hit the ground running.
• Supported the Corporate Reporting Manager in submission of gas regulatory submission year 2014. From March 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 3 months) SAP Financial Manager @ Reported to the Finance Controller, Finance Director, General Manager, and Program Director:
• Took ownership for the delivery of SAP into two countries as part of a major ERP consolidation programme that will culminate in a single instance of SAP operating in 65 global markets.
• Mapped the Global Chart of Account against the local Chart of Account to identify discrepancies i.e. formulating a designated account structure format and set of values that all entities in the group will use.
• Audited financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, GL reports etc.) to ensure data is validated.
• Ensured quality of transactional and financial data met with Group Policy, Regulations and Risk tolerance levels, and continuously tested the flow of financial data processes.
• Completed Product Costing calculations and prepared ongoing status reports including a one slide “High Level Status Report” to the Financial Director and Senior Management.
• Facilitated training workshops to stakeholders in Fiji, Australia, and Samoa.
• Identified 90% of the business process gaps and provided resolution and interim workaround, resulting in no disruptions to manufacturing and finance operations upon the SAP system launch.
• Developed a detailed transition plan for finance comprising the steps for ramp down and ramp up. This plan ensured that there was a smooth cut-over from legacy to new system. This also resulted in the local finance team being ale focus on the month end and transition activities during transition.
• Led a team of 10 staff to achieve 100% of deliverables. From May 2013 to November 2013 (7 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSenior Finance Analyst @ Reported to the Finance Manager
• Prepared the monthly reporting package including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow report all projects under this $100million business, coupled with commentary on Actual vs. Budget and variances.
• Detailed the Budget & Forecast report as part of the Enterprise Services Annual plan.
• Prepared financial models for new projects including revenue and cost (these would further detail hardware, services and hourly cost rates), and advised on any potential profitability risks.
• Reviewed individual project status, detailing monthly, quarterly and annual forecast versus actual and providing commentary to Finance Manager and Account Contract Manager. Maintained detailed project tracking revenue, cost, Service Level Agreement credits and earn back provisions.
• Prepared and executed Purchase Requisition to procure hardware or services.
• Served as a key point of contact to Client and Vendors on billing and invoicing disputes.
• Reduced monthly fluctuations from 80% to 20% in SHELL, Boral and Downer "Profit and Loss” by eliminating accounting entries error and correcting revenue and cost recognition.
• Ensured all accounting controls (incl. Balance Sheet Revenue and cost deferral) were in compliance with Group Accounting Policies, and that SAP data integrity met correct requirements.
• Managed, led and developed a team of 2 Junior Financial Analysts. From May 2010 to March 2013 (2 years 11 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaBUSINESS ANALYST LEAD (Secondment) @ • Seconded during Senior FA role to provide support in the rollout of new Compass SAP implementation for Asia Pac Region, working with stakeholders based in America, Europe, United Kingdom and Asia.
• Managed SAP implementation into major Australian clients incl. VicRoads($30 Mil), Boral ($15 Mil), Westpac ($55 Mil) , Bank of Queens land($36 Mil), SHELL($200 Mil across UK, Euro and Malaysia).
• Mapped Global Chart of Account (GCOA) to local Chart of Account.
• Resolved issues relating to complex revenue recognition policies for Boral and Westpac accounts, providing an interim workaround solution due to SAP system limitation.
• Deployed the SAP improvement initiative in collaboration with local finance teams in Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Hungary. The new SAP have reduced the local finance team workload by 20% due to aligned business process and more automation.
• Recognised as a “Top Performer” by Hewlett Packard following extensive work on the SAP project. From May 2010 to March 2013 (2 years 11 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSenior Auditor @ • Serviced a large portfolio covering major manufacturing groups, pharmaceutical, engineering, distribution and many more with clients that included Pfizer, Nippon, and Panasonic.
• Provided detailed financial analysis, process analysis, controls testing, substantive audit and financial account audit. Perform IT audit and IT risk assessment for public listed companies.
• Prepared detailed audit reports, coupled with review of client reporting package.
• Developed strong understanding of operations background of audited clients. Led risk management though working with clients to understand existing control measures and to identify areas of weakness and prove recommendations to limit risk within their market.
• Finalised audit reports in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Performed income tax and deferred tax computation for the client. From January 2007 to March 2010 (3 years 3 months) Selangor, Malaysia
Member, Accounting and Commerece @ ACCA From 2001 to 2010 2nd Class, Accounting and Commerece @ Sheffield Hallam University From 2006 to 2006 Victor Koh is skilled in: SAP, Excel, Financial Reporting, Audit, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, External Audit, Financial Analysis, PowerPoint, Budgeting, Budgets, Management, Auditing, Analysis, Business Process, Accounting, Internal Controls, Microsoft Excel, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension