Chief Executive Officer; Chairman of the Board @ AccessData
Council Member @ Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.
I am an energetic and accomplished technology leader with a proven track record of developing and executing smart strategies for market expansion. For example, I pioneered two different software markets – Endpoint Detection and Response (a/k/a next-generation endpoint security) and E-Discovery Software – and achieved leadership positions (as rated by Gartner) in both. I have 15+ years
I am an energetic and accomplished technology leader with a proven track record of developing and executing smart strategies for market expansion. For example, I pioneered two different software markets – Endpoint Detection and Response (a/k/a next-generation endpoint security) and E-Discovery Software – and achieved leadership positions (as rated by Gartner) in both. I have 15+ years of experience in growing and leading technology companies, both private and public, including a successful IPO.
Most recently, I served for seven years as the President and CEO of Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: GUID). During my tenure I led the company into new, larger markets, described by an industry trade publication as follows: “Limongelli steered the company from a small forensic software provider into Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for e-discovery and drove the EnCase platform into a fledgling cybersecurity product with incident response features.” Law Technology News article, Nov. 7, 2014.
In my 11½ years with Guidance, I was a key leader in its growth from $9 million to $130 million in revenue, as well as its IPO.
President & CEO @ Highlights of Victor’s tenure at Guidance include:
• Victor pioneered two new software markets (E-Discovery Software and the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) security segment) and led Guidance to leadership positions in both.
□ Gartner ranked Guidance in November 2014 as the top market-share leader in the EDR security market, ahead of Tanium and FireEye.
□ Guidance is one of three (others are HP and Symantec) to be in Gartner’s “Leaders’ Quadrant” all four years (2011 – 2014) that the Gartner Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software was published during his tenure.
• Under his leadership, Guidance increased cybersecurity software bookings 90% and more than tripled new cybersecurity customers in 2014 (through 9 months). Because the cybersecurity market opportunity was both worldwide and more horizontal than Guidance’s existing markets, Victor drove international expansion and realigned the domestic sales force by launching and then expanding an inside sales team. As a result, Guidance increased new customer wins tremendously, from 380 new customers in 2013 to 951 new customers in 2014.
• Victor led Guidance through and out of the Great Recession – he cut costs (reduced G&A by 25% from 2008 to 2009), invested in R&D (increased R&D by 9% from 2008 to 2009), and delivered record revenue and EPS in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
□ 2010: $92 million in revenue and EPS of $0.05
□ 2011: $105 million in revenue and EPS of $0.27
□ 2012: $130 million in revenue and EPS of $0.40
• Victor identified, negotiated, and closed two strategic acquisitions that expanded Guidance’s product sets in the forensics and e-discovery markets.
• Victor was a key leader in Guidance’s successful IPO, raising over $35 million. He was one of three executives on the IPO “Road Show.”
Prior to his seven years as President and CEO, Victor served in a variety of other roles at Guidance, including 2½ years as President, and before that as VP of Professional Services, and as General Counsel. From May 2003 to November 2014 (11 years 7 months) VP & General Counsel @ From April 2000 to December 2002 (2 years 9 months) Associate @ From September 1994 to July 1999 (4 years 11 months)
JD @ Columbia University School of Law From 1991 to 1994 AB @ Dartmouth College From 1984 to 1988 Malvern Prep From 1980 to 1984
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension