Co-chair, Intelligent Transportation Cyber Task Force @ Intelligent Transportation Society of America
University of North Texas
Valmiki is a multi-faceted technology management professional, leading the delivery of information security solutions to the industry. He has been the lead on several large-scale technology transformation programs. Valmiki takes responsibility for assurance of full life-cycle solution delivery, program management and executive advisory. This includes strategy & roadmap, program management, assessments & discovery, design & architecture, solution
Valmiki is a multi-faceted technology management professional, leading the delivery of information security solutions to the industry. He has been the lead on several large-scale technology transformation programs. Valmiki takes responsibility for assurance of full life-cycle solution delivery, program management and executive advisory. This includes strategy & roadmap, program management, assessments & discovery, design & architecture, solution & service delivery, process definition and subsequent technical refresh for the project. He is a trusted adviser to the executive owners of Information Security, Cloud Technology and Information Risk Management programs of several leading global organizations.
Within the organization, he is recognized for growing the innovative solution delivery and has developed several programs for his practice to enhance the sales and marketing of packaged Security Intelligence, IAM, GRC and related Security Solutions. His hands on experience coupled with rich industry knowledge and strong vendor network has helped to develop toolkits and techniques geared to accelerate delivery of technology solutions to the market. His versatility in solution delivery takes him all the way from pre-sales until final go-live. His primary focus is on Security Intelligence, Cloud Security, Identity and Access Management, Role Based Access Control and Access Governance/Compliance solutions along traditional Consulting Services, Managed Services and Cloud Services.
Valmiki is also one of the original SMEs of Cloud based Security as a Service oriented delivery of Identity and Access Governance Solutions.
Valmiki has an MS in Computer Engineering from University of North Texas. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
He is also an active member of the Cloud Security Alliance with regular contributions to the IAM and SecaaS focus groups.
Chairman of the Board @ As Chairman of the Board of the Cloud Security Alliance NT (CSA NT), Val has the responsibility of leading the organization's growth and momentum as a positive change agent in the cyber and cloud security world.
Val, as the Founder and Vice Chair of CSA NT has been so far instrumental in growing the organization from a regional affiliate body of the Global Cloud Security Alliance, with twelve founding members, into a dynamic regional think tank with over 350 members in a brief period of two years.
Val's responsibility is to continue the growth in participation in the community and direct contribution to the strategic growth and development of the members in the CSA NT eco-system, which includes corporate, academic institutions, public agencies and most importantly individuals members.
Val is responsible for CSA NT's fund raising and marketing activities along with the Finance Sub-Committee. This includes, developing and managing relationships and communicating with: sponsors, partners, and other stakeholders.
Val's responsibility as a chair would also include:
- Periodically consulting with board members on their roles and helping them assess their performance
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by CSA NT Board for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and committee meetings; partnering with the respective Directors of Sub-Committees to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization and maintaining relations with the CSA global organization
- Ensuring CSA NT's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities CSA NT serves From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaChief Security Architect, SMaaS, ERSS @ Chief Architect and Global Product Manager, SMaaS (Security Management as a Service)
ERSS NA Practice Lead: Cyber Security and Cloud Security From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaGlobal SWG -Category Co-Lead - IAM @ Responsible for leading a global team of professionals, academicians and experts developing Cloud Security Standards in the Defined Category of Service for Identity and Access Management From May 2012 to Present (3 years 8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaVice Chairman of Board, Secretary @ From February 2012 to March 2014 (2 years 2 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector, Security Solutions @ Responsible for leading the solution delivery of Identity and Access Governance practice across multiple channels: Consulting Services, Managed Services and Cloud Services.
- Serve as the Delivery Manager for various client engagements
- Serve as the Technical Project Manager for high end RBAC/Access Governance projects.
- Serve as the Lead Solution Architect for cutting edge Identity Access Governance solutions
- Provide thought leadership to solution delivery team and industry at large
- Develop innovative tools and techniques for delivery of Identity and Access Governance solutions
- Manage Partner Alliances with different vendors in market From October 2011 to April 2013 (1 year 7 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaPrincipal @ Valmiki has setup industry leading best practices and methodologies for the firm. With deep insight into the Identity GRC methodology, Valmiki has helped the firm deliver successful projects at different clients. He has been responsible for overseeing the delivery of multiple projects and driving their vision, determining the roadmap and recommending the strategy of major clients. He has proven to be a trusted adviser to the C Level executives of multiple clients and help them shape their information security vision and strategy as it relates to the Identity and Access Management and Role Based Access Control (RBAC). With expertise over multiple IAM/RBAC vendor stack, Valmiki has provided immense value to the firm and to the clients.
Selected Projects and Achievements
Project: Role Management for Enterprise, Client: Leading National Utilities Company
• Lead Solution Architect and Technical PM for the project
• Developed the gap analysis and phase breakdown for the RBAC solution rollout to the enterprise
• Provided RBAC based solution addressing multiple Audit items in the Management Action Plan
Project: Enterprise IAM RoadMap and Strategy, Client: World's Leading Healthcare Provider
• Served as the Subject Matter Advisor to the Group Director
• Developed a phase based IAM Strategy and Roadmap for the entire organization
• Developed an infrastructure and solution estimates for the client
• Developed a comprehensive Project Blueprint supporting the roadmap From January 2011 to September 2011 (9 months) Practice Manager @ Lead various client engagements as the delivery manager. Provide RBAC/Identity GRC Subject Matter Expertise. Serve as the lead solution architect encompassing both the functional and technical aspect. Grow the Identity GRC practice by nurturing and training consultants with industry best practices and technology. Prepare packaged solution offerings involving various products in the market.
Project: Enterprise Directory Implementation, Client: World's Leading Healthcare Provider
• Served as the Lead Solution Architect and Technical PM
• Planned the execution of the Roadmap Phase1 for IAM framework
• Designed and architected a Oracle DSEE based multi-master DR enabled Enterprise Directory
• Designed and implemented custom enterprise DIT for public facing sites
• Designed a webservices based LDAP Stub for Service Bus integration
• Provided cross platform integration design and architecture for Oracle Service Bus based middleware
Project: SailPoint IIQ Certification Enhancement, Client: Global Insurance Organization
• Served as the Lead Solution Architect and Technical PM
• Designed and architected the enhancement of client's IIQ environment to include major client applications including PeopleSoft AP
• Planned the environment migration for the client to create a new production environment
• Supported the execution phase of annual user re-certification process
Project: OIA Analysis Project, Client: Global Finance and Credit Services
• Served as the Lead Solution Architect and Technical PM
• Carried out current vs. future state assessment of client's user attestation process
• Defined client's new global user attestation process including organizational policies, functional processes, operational procedures.
• Designed client's new global manager certification process From January 2011 to September 2011 (9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaPractice Lead - Identity GRC Practice, Practice Manager @ Partners Consulting Solutions Group is now CPSG Partners From January 2011 to September 2011 (9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaERS Sr Consultant @ As a lead Senior Consultant Valmiki has identified and evaluated complex technology risks, risk mitigation, and enabling technologies. He has presented consultation on complex business and information technology management processes. His clients found him of immense help with his assistance in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools. While providing consultation to clients on knowledge of market trends, products and service lines, he has successfully demonstrated project turn-around expertise and enhanced client confidence in new technology. He has built and nurtured a positive working relationship with clients as well as leading technology vendors like IBM, Oracle, Arcot, Aveksa and SailPoint. He has delivered several winning responses to RFPs and negotiated multiple SoWs for challenging projects. He is adept in delivering Proof of Concept as well as full-blown enterprise IAM solutions. He has served as the Global SME for Identity and Access Governance solutions for Deloitte as well as proved to be the solution and strategy expert for Cloud Computing initiative at the firm.
Project: Role Management for Enterprise,
Client: Leading Global Financial Organization
Role: Solution Architect and Technical Advisor to the CISO
Project: Access Certification Platform for PeopleSoft,
Client: Leading US Healthcare Provider
Role: Resident Aveksa SME in the ERP/SCM team for Access Certification solution
Project: Access Recertification Portal,
Client: UK Based Leading Global Banking Organization
Global Access Management SME
Project: Client Portal Project,
Client: World’s Second Largest Payments Processor
Role: IAM Architect and SME
Project: Identity and Access Management Project,
Client: Midwest State Government Agency
Role: CA Identity Manager/SiteMinder SME From August 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 6 months) Group Manager @ As the Technology Lead for IT Infrastructure and Middleware Technologies, Valmiki led a global team of SMEs and Analysts spanning across three countries and four sites. He also served as the resident IAM expert for the project. He identified requirements for infrastructure and platform integration and translated them into technical specifications. As a group manager he estimated and tracked overall project status including deliverables, timelines and budget in association with the project PMO. He delivered the overall design and architecture of multiple integrated environments of Amdocs products including Ensemble, Enabler, AMSS, FDT and SNAP. Serving as the single point of contact for all infrastructure issues, he successfully managed operations, delivery and maintenance of client environments. He was able to deliver huge cost savings to the firm by identifying multiple areas of automation for his projects and implementing them. He proactively carried out Risk Analysis and Impact Assessment for system changes and made Risk Awareness a culture in the group. He re-architected the integration of several systems from scratch improving the efficiency of their maintenance.
• Setup of the proof of concept and architecture of end to end WebSphere Portal infrastructure
• Setup of schema, DIT and complete User Directory architecture for IT LDAP
• Delivery of SiteMinder SAML 2.0 federation based Google gadget SSO for WebSphere Portal Server
• Setup of Backend System Integration for end to end architecture for AMSS, OMS and Enabler
• Formulation of SAML 2.0 based standards for Service Provider Integration with Sprint as ID Provider
• Setup of automated delivery mechanisms for weekly builds to environments
• Sprint Xohm 4G Portal for WiMAX
• Sprint Nextel Domain Merger
• Sprint-Amdocs SSO Project for Unified Billing Platform 2.0
• Sprint-Nextel Unified Billing Platform 1.0 From June 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 3 months) Researcher, VDCL @ As a lead programmer and principal researcher for the Nanosystems Design Lab (the then VDCL) Valmiki carried out the integration of design automation algorithms into a number of logic design tools. He led a team of researchers in various university and industry sponsored projects and provided expertise in development of algorithms for EDA, DRM and Encryption technologies. In this position he has presented at technical seminars on various security technologies designed and developed at VDCL.
• Designed and setup the VDCL Lab architecture: including infrastructure and platform security
• Installed and configured the EDA platform for software and hardware encryption technologies
• Contributed to seven major IEEE, ACM and Springer academic workshops and conferences
• Developed DRM and Encryption techniques for digital image processing
• Served as the IT Infrastructure expert for the Department of Computer Science at UNT From September 2004 to May 2006 (1 year 9 months) Subject Matter Expert @ As the Subject Matter Expert for backend integration, Valmiki was extensively involved in the development of customer service and billing applications of the Amdocs Ensemble suite of products. He was a key developer of the Customer Service Management application of the NEXTEL-CSM module. He provided a solid foundation for the India practice of the Ensemble team by developing customized pilots for other clients and solution proof of concepts for the integrated platform. Also as one of the initial members of staff at the Billing org, he set up a number of productivity initiatives to bring the site into corporate limelight.
• Developed the access management module for the billing platform for EAI integration
• Designed and developed the provisioning and single sign on of legacy modules of CRM
• Designed reusable templates for SiteMinder SSO for environment migration
• Assisted multiple production sites with troubleshooting and issue resolution of installed products From May 2004 to August 2004 (4 months) Software Engineer @ Serving as a Software Engineer Valmiki supported the design and development for entire Software Development Lifecycle of the Export Control Handling Operations (ECHO) project. Besides being the key developer he served as the Information Security liaison and knowledge prime for the project. In this position he also delivered Knowledge Transfer sessions for new recruits.
• Delivered a product compliance data security/privacy guideline for the project
• Served as the Configuration Management focus point for code and documents
• Carried out several automation and code reusability efforts enhancing the project productivity From December 2002 to April 2004 (1 year 5 months) Sub Divisional Officer @ From August 2002 to November 2002 (4 months)
MS, Computer Engineering @ University of North Texas From 2004 to 2006 Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Valmiki CRISC is skilled in: Identity Management, Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy, Information Security, Security, Cloud Computing, Application Security, Governance, IAM, Solution Architecture, Siteminder, PCI DSS, CISSP, Cloud Security, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension