Technical Recruiter @ Open Systems Technologies (OST) staffing solutions was founded in New York in 1990 with the goal of providing top tier technical staffing to the Financial Services. To this day, OST is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the world. With over 20 years of consistent growth, OST now employs over 2,000
Technical Recruiter @ Open Systems Technologies (OST) staffing solutions was founded in New York in 1990 with the goal of providing top tier technical staffing to the Financial Services. To this day, OST is one of the largest, privately held staffing companies in the world. With over 20 years of consistent growth, OST now employs over 2,000 consultants in 17 domestic and international markets. Our expertise and years of experience make us one of the most respected companies in finance IT staffing today. From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Consultant @ Cowan Strategies is a Washington DC based firm positioned to assist individual clients and businesses around the world. The CS team brings decades of combined experience and relationships at the highest levels of both the corporate and governmental sectors in Washington and in capitals around the world. Our professional advisors bring the highest caliber capability to our three core practice areas of government relations, global market entry and business development. We invite you to explore our website and to discover our firm’s experience, knowledge, and success, and how we may be able to assist you today.
• Performed research for potential clients, made cold calls, and engaged with business development
• Strategized an international marketing campaign, implemented social media outreaches, and rebranded company website
• Oversaw administrative duties including managing the CEO’s schedule, booking flights and making hotel reservations
• Led the recruiting process for new intern selection and actively pursued candidates to placement From 2013 to June 2015 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaTeaching Assistant @ The faculty of the Communications department are responsible for helping cultivate skills through courses that focus on modern media and digital communications while still maintaining a strong commitment to rhetorical tradition. The department offers the best of old and new in the field of communications: theoretical work and a sense of history combined with cutting-edge courses and facilities.
131 Broadcast Communication:
Study of the journalistic, technical, and aesthetic aspects of television production. Critical analysis of electronic news texts and to research, write, videotape, and edit news stories.
As a Teaching Assistant for Dr. John Armstrong's COM 131 class:
• Managed the student media studio used by faculty, staff and students in the Communications Department
• Led a class of 12 students to produce and edit multiple video projects including Furman Campus Newscasts From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Greenville, South Carolina AreaVice President @ The Paladin Network is a student-run television and multimedia production group at Furman University. The Paladin Network is dedicated towards teaching students skills that help them create quality programming while also expressing themselves to the world.
As Vice President for the Paladin Network:
• Initiated and expanded a student-run media organization as an active recruiter, growing membership from 3 to over 30
• Developed and implemented the public relations and marketing strategies with traditional media and social media outlets
• Planned and marketed a sponsored event with celebrity guest speaker Bill Press, former CNN Crossfire host From August 2014 to May 2015 (10 months) Greenville, South Carolina AreaAssociate @ JMSC Group is an independent communications advisory firm with broad expertise and capabilities in investor relations, corporate communications and media and public relations. JMSC was founded in 2015 by Jeff Majtyka, who over two-plus decades has built successful investor and public relations programs and served as a valued strategic adviser to companies across the corporate lifecycle, from start-ups to Fortune 500, including some of the world´s best-known brands. JMSC's core practice areas include:
1) Communications advisory strategy in messaging/positioning, media relations, reputation management, crisis, issues, litigation.
2) Stakeholder Relations including, Investor relations, public relations, employee engagement, customer/partner communications.
3) Financial Events incluiding, IPO/capital markets, M&A/transactions, analyst days, roadshows.
4) Executive Prep & Coaching including, media training and interview prep, presentation coaching, IR 101.
As an Associate while at JMSC:
• Conducted extensive media sweeps and compiled a weekly clip book for a client From October 2013 to August 2014 (11 months) Intern @ Qorvis MSLGROUP is one of the largest, fully integrated strategic communications firms in the United States. Based in Washington, DC, Qorvis MSLGROUP provides clients with expertise in the areas of interactive and creative work, advertising, public and media relations, media training, marketing communications, Internet campaigns, investor and financial relations, public affairs, grassroots, and research and opinion surveys. Qorvis does not bill hours or have practice areas. Qorvis focuses solely on delivering clear results and legendary client service.
As an Intern for Qorvis:
• Gained hands on experience with a market-leading integrated communications firm
• Provided support to various departments with the development and updating of media lists and other databases
• Drafted public relations materials including news releases and media alerts From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaCommunity Relations Intern @ The Team:
D.C. United is an American professional soccer club based in Washington, D.C., which competes in Major League Soccer (MLS). It is one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, having competed in the league since its inception, in 1996. D.C. United is the most decorated club in MLS, having won thirteen international and domestic titles over the club's history. They were one of the most successful clubs in the early years of MLS, winning eight of its thirteen titles between 1996 and 1998 under head coach Bruce Arena. United holds the joint MLS record for most Supporters' Shields, has four MLS Cups, and been crowned U.S. Open Cup champions three times.
The D.C. United Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization committed to bringing the international power of soccer directly to D.C. area inner-city communities. Through our local and national corporate partners, fan-base, governmental agencies, and our own fundraising efforts, the D.C. United Foundations is committed to continuing to reach over thousands of children each year and contribute over $1 million dollars to the charitable needs of our Nation’s Capital.
As a Community Relations Intern:
• Served as a member of the community relations team in its day-to-day operations including social media management, grant research, and preparation for the after-school program
• Coordinated large scale player-fan interactions at national community events and game days
• Engaged with and actively participated in various promotional events including a celebrity golf tournament and multiple after-school student-player meet and greet events From May 2012 to August 2012 (4 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communication Studies @ Furman University From 2011 to 2015 Travis Cowan is skilled in: Technical Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, Internet Recruiting, LinkedIn Recruiter, Interviews, Executive Search, Social Media, Strategic Communications, Technology, Business Development, Business Analysis, Marketing, Public Relations, Video Production, Fundraising, Public Speaking
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension