Director (AML & EDD Advisory), Financial Crime, Global Compliance @ Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank
Financial Crime Consultant & Specialist @ Nomura International plc
AML Regulatory Compliance Consultant & Specialist @ Lloyds Banking Group plc
Bsc, Applied Accounting @
Oxford Brookes University
I am a forward-thinking financial crime professional providing related success within the banking sector, including investment, corporate, commercial and retail institutions. My wide-ranging knowledge spans financial crime policies on anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC), combating terrorism financing (CTF), fraud, market abuse, bribery and corruption, in addition to Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and Joint Money Laundering
I am a forward-thinking financial crime professional providing related success within the banking sector, including investment, corporate, commercial and retail institutions. My wide-ranging knowledge spans financial crime policies on anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC), combating terrorism financing (CTF), fraud, market abuse, bribery and corruption, in addition to Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) regulations. I also possess a record of achievement mitigating risk and improving policies while ensuring that customers across the globe are in total compliance. A natural relationship builder and team leader, I have cultivated mutually beneficial partnerships with colleagues and clients alike, and I am known for ensuring world-class customer service.
Risk Analysis / Management
Financial Crime Regulations
Regulatory Compliance / Controls
International Business / Regulations
Director (AML & EDD Advisory), Financial Crime, Global Compliance @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) London, United KingdomFinancial Crime Consultant & Specialist @ Serve as a member of the Financial Crime team, overseeing such areas as money laundering, sanctions, surveillance, bribery and corruption. Collaborate with colleagues of the Advisory Compliance teams, Central Compliance and Operations. Ensure compliance with applicable financial crime legislation and regulations within the EMEA region; deliver information to senior management and stakeholders on financial crime risks and initiatives. Manage the quality control process for new low-, medium- and high-risk clients. Evaluate AML, sanctions and PEP escalations, along with the quality of information provided by the Client Account Approval Analyst. Participate in weekly meetings with the Financial Crime and Operations teams and attend courses / seminars to maintain awareness of regulatory, market and product developments.
• Established financial crime awareness while ensuring a high level of compliance through analysing existing client records, performing client audits to mitigate risk, conducting due diligence for global customers, expanding company knowledge to better understand financial security trends and co-managing a centralised process to support global operations.
• Ensured adherence to financial crime policies & procedures, including but not limited to such areas as AML, KYC, CTF, sanctions, bribery and corruption, market abuse, insider trading and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of 2009 (FATCA).
• Identified the need for procedural change and contributed to establishing new policies and procedures as needed.
• Provided proactive expertise for the promotion of an effective financial crime culture within the front-line business, which included gathering appropriate KYC data. From November 2012 to September 2013 (11 months) London, United KingdomAML Regulatory Compliance Consultant & Specialist @ Hired to provide guidance and expertise for the Ongoing Know-Your-Customer (OKYC) remediation project for wholesale banking and markets (WBM) clients to ensure that clients remained compliant. Gathered data and performed audits to validate regulatory controls. Liaised with a variety of clients, including large corporations, SMEs, corporate non-listed companies, limited liability partnerships, trusts and special purpose vehicles. Developed and maintained communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Evaluated and remedied all client files across the institution, while adhering to file re-fresh procedures and a risk-rated scoring process.
• Analysed & resolved issues; established objectives in compliance with WBM’s policies. From October 2012 to November 2012 (2 months) London, United KingdomAML Regulatory Compliance Consultant & Specialist @ Analysed all client files across BGC and Cantor Group within the EMEA region, while adhering to file re-fresh procedures and a risk-rated scoring process. Performed MiFID classification of all client files including the AML remediation of 800+ files for the Cantor Index side of the business. Produced daily & weekly management information statistics, including data for 1,500+ client files. Provided expertise for the promotion of an effective financial crime culture within the front-line business after gathering appropriate KYC data and performing due diligence. Cultivated relationships across the business while liaising with front-office, risk, legal, brokerage receivables and operations staff.
• Introduced new AML processes while maintaining a high level of regulatory compliance, which reduced the company’s risk; reviewed all client files and on-boarding processes within the EMEA region, ensured adherence to AML and KYC requirements including assessing client risk.
• Delivered a risk assessment financial crime monitoring plan, which included a methodology and a 5-tier customer risk assessment model that determined the client type and jurisdiction, product type, industry and distribution channel, and awarded an overall risk rating. From May 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 5 months) London, United KingdomCustomer Adviser @ Ensured that all client accounts were AML and KYC compliant while adhering to such regulatory codes as TCF, ICOBS and CCD. Presented products and services to clients, including savings accounts, fixed-rate bonds, life protection, home insurance and mortgages; maintained a high level of individualised financial service to a portfolio of clients. Maintained mutually beneficial relationships with retail clients; ensured that a contact strategy was in place and included a clear focus on retention and new business acquisition. Identified the branch’s training needs and delivered potential solutions via participating in DOFTS and team meetings.
• Increased profitability and enabled the bank to connect with customers, which reduced costs without compromising AML and KYC requirements; opened new accounts, established relevant financial provisions, introduced new policies and procedures and facilitated training. From October 2010 to May 2011 (8 months) London, United KingdomRelationship Manager, Private Client Services @ Ensured that client accounts were compliant with AML, KYC, NDLEA and EFCC regulations. Managed a portfolio of high net worth clients with a minimum net worth of £20m. Led an 8-member team and ensured that clients received world-class customer service. Identified and analysed customers’ financial needs. Classified client accounts and performed due diligence with regards to sanctions screening and PEP identification. Presented products & services to clients, including savings and fixed deposit accounts, along with a portfolio of unit trusts, mutual trusts, equity, bonds and money market instruments. Communicated with foreign and correspondent banks to ensure that all checks have been performed before the opening of clients’ off-shore accounts. Prepared weekly & monthly P&L, balance sheet and management account reports, in addition to annual budgets.
• Improved the bank’s customer experience, increased the transparency of data and boosted revenue £600k within a 6-month period by leading the implementation of improved financial controls, in addition to the provision of financial advice. Reorganised the office and thoroughly assessed customer profitability, which led to more focused marketing.
• Repaired strained relationships with colleagues, senior management and clients. From November 2008 to June 2009 (8 months) Deputy Manager, Commercial Banking @ Managed a Commercial Banking Team at a branch that closed with a deposit base of £42m at the end of the 2006 / 2007 financial year. The major achievements that enabled this are as follows:
• Achieved 162% of deposit target for the 2006 / 2007 financial year closing with £4m.
• Achieved 122% of profit before tax target for the 2006 / 2007 financial year closing with £0.35m.
• Achieved 135% of risk asset creation target for the 2006 / 2007 financial year closing with £18.9m.
• Earned the Managing Director’s award for the 3rd-best Branch in Fidelity Bank Plc for 2006 / 2007.
• Received the Branch Leader’s award for best deposit mobilization staff for Jan. 2007. From July 2006 to October 2008 (2 years 4 months) Senior Banking Officer, Commercial Banking @ Served as a strong member of a Commercial Banking Team at a branch that closed with a deposit base of £51m at the end of the 2005 financial year. The major achievements that enabled this are as follows:
• Achieved 125% of deposit target in 2005 financial year closing with £4.1m.
• Achieved 176% of income target in 2005 financial year closing with £1.9m. From April 2004 to June 2006 (2 years 3 months) Junior Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking @ Employed to assist in expanding and generating incremental business by offering value added banking services on a clear understanding of the target market and the customers’ business. From February 2000 to April 2004 (4 years 3 months) Officer @ Employed to assist with the funds transfer services of the bank in order to ensure that customers’ funds are transferred within the fastest possible time. From February 1998 to February 2000 (2 years 1 month) Industrial Attache (internship) @ Industrial Attaché
Employed as a one year industrial attaché (internship). From February 1994 to February 1995 (1 year 1 month)
MBA, Finance @ Alliance Manchester Business School From 2009 to 2012 Bsc, Applied Accounting @ Oxford Brookes University From 2004 to 2009 MBA, International Business @ Lagos State University From 2001 to 2005 HND, Business Administration @ Yaba College of Technology From 1991 to 1997 S.S.C.E. @ Federal Government College, Kaduna From 1984 to 1990 FCCA @ Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Toyin CIA is skilled in: MiFID, JMLSG, Financial Crime Policies and Procedures on AML, CTF, Fraud, Market Abuse, Bribery and Corruption, Sanctions, ACCA, IMC, AML, Policy, KYC, Financial Risk, Sanction
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension