I have been working in the IT field for about seven years, handling client issues with poise and knowledge...progressing from a run-of-the-mill helpdesk person logging calls to overseeing project implementations of cutting-edge virtual technologies at boutique legal firms. In between, I stayed working in the field. When I wasn't opening offices for a media company before a
I have been working in the IT field for about seven years, handling client issues with poise and knowledge...progressing from a run-of-the-mill helpdesk person logging calls to overseeing project implementations of cutting-edge virtual technologies at boutique legal firms. In between, I stayed working in the field. When I wasn't opening offices for a media company before a hurricane, I was diving under desks and building trading floors for several banking firms, or reading up on new trends in the PC and Mac world.
Over the past three years, I've accepted contracts that delved into the infrastructure and system engineering side of things. From building out server farms, data centers, moving companies to virtual environments and implementing new technologies to making businesses run smoother. When I'm not working my full time day job, I'm doing freelance support and build outs for small to mid sized businesses.
Senior Desktop Engineer @ Certifying and packaging apps to Windows workstations via SCCM, WYSE scripting, and InstallShield, and doing the same for Mac applications using Casper. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Greater New York City AreaIndependent Business Owner @ Providing technical infrastructure support to small and mid-sized business in the New York City and Jersey City area From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Greater New York City AreaSystems Engineer (Contractor) @ Decomming deprecated 2003 servers, building out new 2008 and 2012 servers, VMWare administration, documentation, and lots of PowerShell scripting for automating tasks. From July 2015 to October 2015 (4 months) Senior System Engineer (Contractor) @ Completed a contract that entailed documenting and executing a major Windows 2003 - Windows 2008/2012 R2, New challenges arose daily, and I had to juggle them while making sure the core infrastructure ran along smoothly. From November 2014 to May 2015 (7 months) Senior Systems Engineer (Contractor) @ Maintain over 200 servers throughout the US, execute projects, resolve those support problems that require senior expertise, mentor junior staff and incorporated a "It Should Just Work" philosophy in all aspects of the infrastructure. From May 2014 to October 2014 (6 months) Systems Engineer (Contractor) @ From December 2013 to March 2014 (4 months) System Engineer @ Providing top notch support, both locally and remotely, to white-glove clients in the NYC metro area. Mac, PC, and server administration, client relationship management and project management were all part of the deal. From January 2013 to December 2013 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaSenior System Administrator @ Supporting single-handedly the NYC and Chicago offices, as well as remote sales people of BuzzMedia, working on implementing tech infrastructure improvements, supporting Windows and Macs as well as all mobile devices. Assisting in project management, asset management, and good customer service practices. From December 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 2 months) Senior Desktop Support @ Provided day to day desktop support at Meebo, while also successfully orchestrating the integration of three regional offices prior to it being acquired by Google. This involved tearing down desktops, moving and re-deploying Windows servers, installing networking equipment, testing everything, and communicating with end users. I also integrated Google with AD, (known as Single Sign On) using LDAP integration)
• Provided swing-shift desktop support for MacMillan and Scholastic, while also completing a Mac and Windows XP to 7 migration for both clients.
• Completed a refresh project for Horace Mann Elementary School, revamping their school Macs, over three hundred in total. This involved project management, documenting processes, and creating reports for the senior IT Director.
• Built several trading floors for Citibank, and then took part in the rollout of thin clients to end users in Citibank Corporate. Travelling between five offices in NYC and NJ, I provided training, documentation, problem resolution, and assisted the PM with tracking assets and man hours worked.
• Built a disaster recovery site for Nomura Securities, this involved assisting the PM with tracking of assets and time, building over two thousand PCs, some Windows Servers and, configuring networking equipment. Using Altiris, I deployed hundreds of PCs during the build, as well as documented the process.
• Created documentation and training material for the legal department of NYU when they were implementing WorkSite and iManage into their Windows XP environment.
• Completed a Lotus Domino Server to MS Exchange 2007 migration for Sherman & Sterling, LLC. while providing high end customer service for the top executives and their assistant. From December 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 1 month) Desktop Support @ Completed two-month contract for Nomura Securities building a disaster recovery site in;
Setup and imaged over 1700 PCs
Used Active Directory to manage user accounts, binding Macs and PCs to the domain
Assisted in asset management and inventory control of equipment
Created documentation for imaging of machines
Setup forty Macs and a Mac Server
Completed two month contract in J. Crew's desktop support managing inventory of hardware and software assets as well as working with Exchange Servers, Mac Servers, Active Directory for user access control, and setting up Cisco phone equipment. I supported various proprietary software, and also Citrix and Excel plugins From October 2008 to 2009 (1 year)
Associates, Business Management with Technology @ Penn Foster College From 2003 to 2006 New Horizons Computer Training - 2004 to 2005 From 2004 to 2005 New Horizon Computer School NewAssociates, Business Management; technology @ Penn Foster College Tony Gonzalez is skilled in: Mac OS X, Windows Server, Windows 7, WIndows xp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, XP, OS X, Active Directory, Servers, Troubleshooting, Microsoft Exchange, Software Installation, Help Desk Support, VPN
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension