Senior Manager, Customer and Employee Experience @ Nationwide Building Society
Owner @ Invited Personally - Wedding Stationery and Accessories
An inspiring, engaging and motivational leader with a desire to succeed by delivering outstanding results at all times. I am passionate about service excellence with a customer centric approach and exceptional stakeholder management skills across multiple delivery channels. Currently, I am responsible for customer experience strategy and execution for Carpetright. Opportunities where I can make a demonstrable
An inspiring, engaging and motivational leader with a desire to succeed by delivering outstanding results at all times. I am passionate about service excellence with a customer centric approach and exceptional stakeholder management skills across multiple delivery channels. Currently, I am responsible for customer experience strategy and execution for Carpetright. Opportunities where I can make a demonstrable difference to a company’s service offering excite me and I am always keen to review, implement and embed service and cultural improvement programmes to deliver an enhanced customer experience, with a positive impact on business outcomes.
Specialties: NVQ Level II - Building Society Services
Fully CeMap Qualified
Financial Planning Certificates I, II & III
Lean 1a and 1b
Head of Customer Experience @ From January 2015 to Present (11 months) Purfleet, EssexSenior Manager, Customer and Employee Experience @ • Created, launched and embedded a web-based employee feedback portal for customer centric improvement suggestions.
• Working on a programme to change the way our leaders manage their teams to create a management style that focuses on customer rather than tasks.
• Work collaboratively with Heads of Departments covering Retail, Marketing and Insight, HR, Risk and Governance and Digital departments, managing stakeholders up to Director level. This has ensured consistent customer outcomes, irrespective of channel.
• Act as an ambassador for Nationwide, owning the relationship with the Institute of Customer Service (ICS). This includes developing the customer experience strategy, service specific training for leaders and front line employees, best practice sharing from other top retail organisations and working towards the ICS accreditation programme to demonstrate and recognise our commitment to service delivery.
• Introduced a telephone based customer satisfaction survey in operational teams and embedded an alert management process which has provided clarity around what causes customer dissatisfaction, whilst enabling an understanding of what works well from a customer perspective. As a result, a 23% increase in customer satisfaction has been realised over a 9 month period.
• Currently piloting email/sms customer satisfaction survey to provide consumer choice in how they provide feedback. Work is also underway to obtain instant feedback and text/voice analytics to enable more timely and in depth customer insight.
In addition to leading my team of eleven customer specialists, other duties include presenting at board meetings, production of board papers, oversight of the monthly Voice of the Customer reporting, process owner for root cause analysis on complaint data, management of the quarterly divisional employee recognition scheme, running workshops and focus groups and leading the senior working group for the output of the annual employee satisfaction survey. From August 2012 to January 2015 (2 years 6 months) Owner @ • Experience of establishing and running a business including:
- designing and setting up a website
- marketing and communications
- business generation
- dealing with suppliers and contract negotiation
• Secured a contract for an OK! featured wedding.
• Event management for exhibitions and events to include stand design and layout, preparing new stationery designs, target marketing and understanding customer requirements.
• Company profiling encompassing social media, advertising, brand awareness and customer advocacy.
• Invited to join the panel of experts for Your Hampshire and Dorset Wedding magazine which involved writing ad-hoc articles and providing advice and responses to consumer questions which were published. From February 2008 to January 2015 (7 years) Operations Manager - Mortgage New Business @ • Incepting and growing the department to 100 employees enabling Nationwide to process mortgage applications amounting to £87m per day.
• Leadership accountability for deliverance against business objectives, managing escalated queries and complaints and scrutinising quality results.
• Reviewing daily reports to provide appropriate team messaging and focused direction.
• Implementation of process improvements to enhance the customer journey.
• Coaching and development, performance management and appraisals and team motivation and engagement. From May 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 4 months) BournemouthAccount Director @ Dealing up to Senior Director level within some of the Country’s leading financial organisations; in addition to ensuring my existing accounts and their customers received a first class level of service, I was responsible for the creation and maintenance of account strategy plans, establishing new business relationships, developing new income streams with my existing clients, project managing and launching new accounts, marketing new products, overseeing the implementation of new products and services and reviewing systems and processes - making recommendations for changes to increase efficiency and sales.. There were five customer service teams that assisted in the administration of my accounts and I regularly carried out quality checks, customer satisfaction reviews and analysed business trends to ensure that my team members delivered the highest level of customer service at all times. I led competitive re-tendering processes for new and existing accounts and prior to leaving was responsible for securing a contract worth £75 million over three years.
Frequently I was invited to present at various meetings and my audiences ranged from Branch Advisers to Executive Directors. Customer service and client satisfaction has always been a top priority for me and I believe that my ability to build strong, valued and long-standing relationships were the key attributes that enabled me to be highly successful in my Account Director role.
Some of the other duties within my Account Director position included organising contract renewals, agreeing marketing timelines with clients, organising the implementation of the marketing plans, creating new product packages, organising roadshows and corporate hospitality events, monthly and quarterly client review meetings (to include minutes, action points and follow ups), budget planning, compiling management information, projected forecasts, monitoring service level agreements and implementing process changes. From April 2001 to March 2008 (7 years)
Avonbourne School for Girls From 1988 to 1993 Toni Adams is skilled in: New Business Development, Financial Services, Business Planning, Retail, Strategic Financial..., B2B, Account Management, Sales Management, Operations Management, Business Strategy, Change Management, Contract Negotiation, Negotiation, Mortgage Lending, Process Improvement, Management, Team Building, Strategy, Training, Outsourcing, Business Analysis, Team Management, Stakeholder Management, Performance Management, Risk Management, Recruiting, Customer Experience, Leadership, Analysis, Strategic Planning, Customer Satisfaction
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension