Director, Talent Acquisition @ CommonSpirit Health
Master of Science (M.S.) @
Transitioning to second career @ From July 2013 to July 2013 (1 month) Director - Healthcare Recruiting @ Directed candidate recruiting for health professionals across the United States, Europe, and Pacific Rim, managed recruiting, marketing and sales staff of 350 and $30M in scholarships, bonuses, and loan repayments. Conceptualized and created recruiting strategies which sustained a pipeline
Transitioning to second career @ From July 2013 to July 2013 (1 month) Director - Healthcare Recruiting @ Directed candidate recruiting for health professionals across the United States, Europe, and Pacific Rim, managed recruiting, marketing and sales staff of 350 and $30M in scholarships, bonuses, and loan repayments. Conceptualized and created recruiting strategies which sustained a pipeline of qualified candidates, leveraged market analysis, advertising and promotion, event coordination, public speaking, and networking to align recruiting production with enterprise human capital and capability requirements. Defined market-aligned recruiting production goals to achieve enterprise staffing requirements. Served as senior headquarters trainer/evaluator for health professions and officer accessions recruiting staff. From October 2011 to July 2013 (1 year 10 months) San Antonio, Texas AreaDirector - Training and Learning Management @ Led worldwide Recruiting Service training curriculum development and standardization, led team of 34 and $1.8M budget to deliver training programs serving recruiter, supervisor, and senior management training. Served as senior consultant / advisor and subject-matter expert (SME) on performance tracking, analysis, reporting, auditing, and improvement; initiated quarterly program analyses to evaluate organizational structure and performance. From September 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 2 months) Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, TXRegional Director - Healthcare Recruiting @ Assumed responsibility for regional recruiting across 18 states and Puerto Rico, including recruiting sales team of 100+ and $1.5M budget—drove top performance to achieve rank of #1 recruiting region Air Force-wide. Managed regional recruiting operations, establishing a hub and spoke organizational model for 8 branches; oversaw strategic planning and development across human and financial resource planning, market analysis, promotional campaigns, and quality assurance. Selected as enterprise Officer Accession (OA) SME. Selected Contributions:
• Built and led the Air Force’s #1 recruiting team, sustaining the top spot for 10 consecutive quarters; delivered 130% of goal year-over-year (YOY), despite staffing reductions to 60% of planned levels, and mitigated critical, enterprise-scale physician shortage.
• Led 8 branches, with 6 advancing to top 10% in global sales production and other 2 in top 25%.
• Earned the United States Air Force’s ’09 and ’10 Top Health Professions Squadron Award. From August 2007 to September 2010 (3 years 2 months) 18 Southeastern States and U.S. CaribbeanProgram Manager - Training and Development @ Selected to lead health professions recruiting and regional sales management training development, standardization, and evaluation functions, as well as define training delivery and professional qualification processes. Collaborated with senior executives and contracted training partners to define training requirements, develop curriculum, produce training courses, content, and materials, and plan professional qualification roadmaps. From June 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 3 months) Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, TXRegional Manager - Healthcare Recruiting (Northern California) @ Led 13 military personnel and 1 civilian in the annual health professions accession of 88 medical program recruits. Directed officer recruiting programs in an 2-state region; responsible for 83 educational institutions and 126 medical facilities. Conducted market analysis, established recruiting zones, identified trends and allocated goals/targets to recruiters. Assessed recruiters performance and provided training, ensuring proper development of assigned enlisted force From February 2004 to June 2006 (2 years 5 months) Bay Area, CAMedical Recruiter (Physician/Nursing) @ Served as medical scholarship, nursing, and physician recruiter for Northern California. Responsible for accession of high-quality recruits to meet AF health professions (HP) accession requirements. Executed recruiting programs in a 180K sq mile region with 30 educational institutions, and 100+ medical facilities. Guided candidates through application and physical processes; prepared them for Commissioned Officer Training (COT). Partnered with military, civic, and educational community to generate awareness opportunities and enhance relations. Provided marketing and logistics support to talent acquisition lifecycle. From August 2001 to February 2004 (2 years 7 months) Citrus Heights, CaliforniaOperations Analyst - Air Force Recruiting Service @ Tracked production, analyzed processes, and made recommendations to squadron, group, and headquarters for timely decisionmaking. Reviewed group, headquarters, and Air Staff-level waivers/exceptions to policy to ensure accuracy of documentation. Monitored awards program and validated all production criteria recognizing 74 enlisted recruiters. Worked as Operations Chief -- Collected/monitored production reports for 74 enlisted accessions recruiters and 8 Northern California recruiting flights. From September 1999 to August 2001 (2 years) Sacramento, California AreaSecurity Forces - Emergency Services Team Leader - Phoenix Raven @ Performed a variety of duties required of Security Forces across all areas of the specialty, culminating as Emergency Services Team Leader and Phoenix Raven. Served as Security Forces officer protecting lives and property, patrolling, and preserving law and order at numerous base and forward deployed locations. Previously supported battlefield operations and provided area/convoy security/drug interdiction during various assignments during varied of campaigns.
- Earned consistent commendations for devotion to duty with citations for excellence in rapidly resolving crisis situations, upholding law and order, relating effectively with culturally diverse populations and protecting property and lives.
- Fulfilled full range of law enforcement duties for both combat and peacekeeping missions. Gained proficiencies and experience in: traffic accident first-responder/investigations, police patrol, ticket/report writing, felony traffic stops, search and seizures, criminal investigations, suspect interviewing/fingerprinting/processing, combat patrols, air base ground defense, team movements/entry, heavy weapons, and crisis intervention. From July 1989 to September 1999 (10 years 3 months) United Kingdom / Middle East / California / Missouri/Georgia
Master's, Leadership and Management @ University of Notre Dame - Mendoza College of Business From 2007 to 2009 Master of Science (M.S.), Health Sciences @ Touro University From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - Business Administration, Human Resource Management @ Columbia Southern University From 2000 to 2004 Associate of Applied Sciences (A.A.S.), Human Resource Management @ Community College of the Air Force From 1993 to 1995 Associate of Applied Sciences (A.A.S.), Criminal Justice @ Community College of the Air Force From 1992 to 1994 Certifications, Professional Selling Skills/Coaching @ AcheiveGlobal, Inc. From 2005 to 2007
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension