I am a mobile interaction designer on Amazon’s Universal Shopping Experience team, creating innovative shopping experiences. With over eleven years of experience, I have led teams creating strategic web and mobile initiatives from Fortune 100s to startups. From strategy to execution, I deliver the best experience, balancing business goals and user needs. I’ve worked on multiple platforms
I am a mobile interaction designer on Amazon’s Universal Shopping Experience team, creating innovative shopping experiences. With over eleven years of experience, I have led teams creating strategic web and mobile initiatives from Fortune 100s to startups. From strategy to execution, I deliver the best experience, balancing business goals and user needs. I’ve worked on multiple platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android, Android Wear, Apple Watch, Fire Phone, Fire TV, as well as responsive web design and web apps.
The UX industry is an adventure and I’m thrilled to be apart of it. I live for that “A-ha!” moment when I discover the right solution to a problem. I’ve been honored to work with some brilliant people in industries such as e-commerce, healthcare, education, television, non-profit, and government. My approach to usability is described as practical and simplistic.
I currently reside in Seattle, Washington, where you'll find me attending local tech events, exploring local eateries, and discovering the beauties of the Pacific Northwest.
Mobile User Experience Designer @ I am currently responsible for shopping by voice across Amazon and exploring the future of shopping experiences for mobile, wearables, and beyond. I've designed and helped launch:
• Dash Button UX such as setup and button management
• Amazon for Apple Watch and Android Wear
• Voice Search for Amazon shopping apps.
• Credit Card Scanning and other vision input projects
• Dozens of improvements to our mobile shopping apps
• Amazon shopping for Fire Phone From August 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Greater Seattle AreaDesign Consultant @ Over a decade of doing freelance design projects from startups to medium-sized businesses. Services have included: User Experience Consulting, Product Development Adviser, website design and development, business strategy advising, interaction design, and more. Projects have included desktop web, responsive web, and native mobile. From April 2003 to February 2014 (10 years 11 months) Mobile User Experience Designer @ Developed strategic mobile interaction designs for Fortune 100 companies. Engaging client stakeholders directly on iOS and Android projects to create innovative user experiences. Supporting projects through engineering and QA phases. Defining internal UX standards and offerings. Developed UX training to support onboarding of new members of the UX department. From September 2012 to June 2013 (10 months) Denver, COUser Experience Designer @ Worked with multiple teams throughout the company on government contracts doing user interface and user experience design. Created wireframes and mockups to represent new applications or improvements to existing products. Performed user testing throughout the product development process to improve the user experience and workflows. Unified design process throughout the company with project managers, product owners, software engineers, and developers. From April 2012 to September 2012 (6 months) Colorado Springs, Colorado AreaSenior Graphic and User Experience Designer @ Worked with media companies to monetize video consumption and increase number of video views. Lead interactive team to create web and software UIs for a number of products. Developed interactive web demos to bring products to market. Created product brands and designed marketing materials. From June 2011 to April 2012 (11 months) Denver, COLead Designer @ Worked as part of a team to bring designs to life with projects including web design, print collateral, brand development, and social media. Designed web application to promote company’s areas of focus. Tripled social media accounts to over 19,000 fans. From January 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 6 months) Colorado Springs, COGraphic Designer @ Designed a wide range of marketing materials including catalogs, magazine advertisements and postcards. Managed and designed projects for over 750 clients. Improved design process by converting all designs from Quark and Macromedia to Adobe and created an InDesign library for 342 products. From July 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 7 months) Colorado Springs, Colorado
Bachelor of Science, Advertising and Digital Media Design @ Colorado Technical University From 2007 to 2011 Timothy Whalin is skilled in: User Experience, User Interface Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Web Design, CSS, Usability Testing, Usability, Wireframes, Web Development, User Interface, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Graphic Design, User Experience Design, HTML 5, User Research, jQuery, InDesign, SEO, E-commerce, Mobile Design, Mobile Interface Design, OmniGraffle, HTML, Information Design, Wordpress, Usability Design, Accessibility, Content Strategy, Experience Design, Ping Pong, User Scenarios, Human Computer..., Paper Prototyping, Contextual Inquiry, Site Maps, Card Sorting, Mobile Devices, Motion Design, Leadership, Product Design