IT Consultant ( .NET Developer) @ Bite Consulting Group Ltd
Senior Developer (Ad-hoc/Part time) @ Gensler
Developer (Backend) & Senior Data Analyst @ Wicked Web Ltd
University of Otago
• Fix bugs and review site architecture (code and db implementation) and outline future best practice for development.
• Outlined an executive and programme summary
• Understood the basics of a system within a few days which takes around two months to fully understand.
Technical Snapshot: Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005/2008, ASP.NET, SVN, NET 3.5, C#, Vision. From January 2012 to March 2015 (3 years 3 months) London, United KingdomDeveloper (Backend) & Senior Data Analyst @ Working for a digital agency on a system for external clients on two projects.
The first project involved data analysis of existing system and integration of CMS within client's system.
• Designing the database schema
• Creating the integration specification including data mappings, integration and migration process.
The second project involved development of a new website in Kentico CMS.
• Development of web parts and templates (portal).
• Kept pace with significant spec changes and unifying requirements from a wide variety of sources.
Technical Snapshot: Database Design, Data Migration, Net 4.5, C#, Kentico v8, ASP.NET,
SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012 From June 2014 to September 2014 (4 months) London, United KingdomSenior Developer (Backend) @ Working for a digital agency on a system for an external client.
The system matches professionals and clients through proven feedback of skills and qualities used on previous projects.
• Designing the database and system
• Migrating existing data into system
• Integrating frontend designs into system
• Troubleshooting data and information flows through system
• Delivered first version of system with very fast turnaround despite significant changes in frontend design and functionality.
Technical Snapshot: Database Design, System Design, Data Migration, Net 4.5, C#, Linq to SQL,
Microsoft Entity Framework 4.0, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2012, LinkedIn API, Visual Studio 2012,
Google Charts From August 2013 to November 2013 (4 months) London, United KingdomWeb Developer (Backend) @ Working on the website and integrating legacy former standalone applications in CMS.
Fix bugs and review site architecture (code and db design) and outline future best practice for development.
• Integration of former legacy applications:
o Event Finder Events from CARE CRM
o Plant Advice Profiles from third party library
o Miscellaneous development and integration with other third party libraries and web services
• Miscellaneous development of webpart, templates and widgets for the new web site.
• Working against reduced deadlines and integrating often undocumentated legacy applications.
Technical Snapshot: Vision Studio 2010, C#, ASP.NET v 4.0, Kentico CMS v7 (7.0.21), V5.5 (5.5.3996 R2), SQL Server, CARE CRM, Git From September 2012 to April 2013 (8 months) Web Developer @ Working for a digital agency on two bespoke web driven insurance applications for Sutton Financial and Cox Braithwaite. The systems involved quotation calculation, workflow, document generation and report templates and management of insurance requirements for large property management companies.
• Backend development with C#, Telerix RAD Controls, Microsoft Entity Framework, Telerix ORM and SQL Server
• Built and extended generic document and report generation system.
• Delivered within a team an entire bespoke system within a very tight timeline.
Technical Snapshot: Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET, Entity Framework,, LINQ to SQL, SVN, NET 4.0, C#, Telerix Rad Controls, Telerix ORM, APOSE PDF/Word Library. From November 2011 to January 2012 (3 months) Web Developer @ Working for a digital agency on the Morrisons Supermarket site. Worked on a Portion Calculator, Ask the Butcher, Taste Survey and Finalists Video Submission Upload.
• Backend development with C#, AJAX, JSON, Jquery and SQL Server
• EPiServer development and extending the base survey class to delivery custom functionality.
• Delivered a wide variety of solutions in a results focused manner.
Technical Snapshot: Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET, Data Factories, LINQ to SQL, Ecommerce, SVN, NET 3.5, C#, EPiServer, JQuery. From October 2011 to November 2011 (2 months) London, United KingdomWeb Developer @ Working for a mobile agency on a project involving the backend (web services) of a mobile vouchering application. The current system involved a drinks brand although the system could be used in other sectors.
• Maintenance and development of existing system
• Added security fixes based on Security Report
• Liaising with offshore development team
• Building database migration scripts for deployment
• Assisting the project architect with database and system architecture, practices and scalability.
• Learnt the existing site framework quickly and the clients centralised data repository for storing user information and helping project architect develop system and database designs.
Technical Snapshot: Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SOA, MVC (MVC2) , WCF, NHibernate, SVN, Web Services, TDD, NUnit, NET 3.5, PostSharp, AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), Windsor Castle, Rhino Queue, Rhino Mocks, MSMQ, Rhino Service Bus, DTC,
Investigation into: Horizontal Partitioning, NOSQL, Microsoft SQL Azure, CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation), C# From June 2011 to September 2011 (4 months) London, United KingdomWeb Developer (Backend) @ Working for media agency with a significant presence working within drink brands and a variety of other sectors. Migrating and redeveloping the friends site for a drinks brand where users can learn about the product, provide tasting notes and interact with other site members.
• Added additional social media modules such as email messaging, friendships, events, competitions, voting
• Migration of Existing Site from Classic ASP to .NET
• Move from using Stored Procedures to LINQ and Repositories.
• Migration and Transformation of Data
• Learnt the existing legacy site framework quickly and provided solutions to implement new requirements.
Technical Snapshot: ASP.NET 4.0, VS 2010, SQL 2005, Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, Repositories, Visual Source Safe., From January 2011 to June 2011 (6 months) .NET Web Developer (Backend) @ Working for the publishing team on the main public website and several associated public sites.
• New Development and Ongoing Maintenance of Different Sites
• CMS User Support, Application Support, Development and Maintenance (Kentico, Custom CMS, Community Server)
• Database Development and Migration (SISS, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Custom Migration)
• Integrating design changes into CMS templates and CMS frameworks
• Deployment (TFS Built Scripts, Red Gate and Nant Scripts)
• Learning the CMS framework and other undocumented custom CMS, legacy applications and forum sites that quickly enabling rapid user support and ongoing maintenance delivery.
Technical Snapshot: .Net 3.5, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005, Moo Tools, JQuery, CMS, Kentico (v4.0, v4.1, 5.0) CMS, Telligent Community Server 2007, TFS 2008 (Build Scripts),
Nant (Deployment Scripts), Google Maps, Geocoding, Redgate SQL Compare, IIS6/7. From July 2010 to November 2010 (5 months) Web Developer / .Net Programmer @ Working for a leading digital agency developing the British Gas - Generation Green SmartEnergy Meter - Registration site. This allows schools to register for a free smart energy display meter and collects electrical and contact information which is passed to British Gas Sales backend (Sales Force) via web service. A short-term role recruited without interview via colleague’s recommendation.
• Quick turnaround development against a fast changing client specification.
On the first system – ITrace - worked primarily as developer developing against a defined specification which helped multiple local authority clients (including Transport for London) across the UK with travel planning. ITrace utilised a Sybase database, 3 tier architecture with MapInfo (ASPMaP) integration.
On the second system - EnviroHub - the role was more varied working as an analyst, programmer and database designer and developer. EnviroHub utilised WCSF (Windows Client Software Factory) with the WCSF MVP (Model-View-Presenter) architecture and a SQL Server Backend.
This system allows local authorities to track the Government N195 National Cleansing Indicators. The system integrated with PDA's allowing inspector to grade street areas and upload results the system.
The new evolution of this system allows multiple clients, modules and boroughs to be managed in one system. Worked extensively on a new module which utilised window services to manage multiple scheduled tasks which dynamically allocates inspectors to street areas using a daily schedule.
• Learnt two complex system architectures quickly and delivered requirements in a very short time frame
• Made a significant contribution to the EnviroHub data model design
• Enhanced the productisation of Envirohub by building a truly multi-client & multi-module approach allowing different clients and models to implement a variety of different requirements on the same architecture and data model.
• Very fast turn-around of changes to late running projects.
• Fast turn-around of changes to last minute redesigns.
• Completed the requirement in a very short timeline.
Technical Snapshot: SQL Server Security, SQL Injection Prevention, Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Prevention, ASP, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, Net 3.5 From July 2009 to July 2009 (1 month) Web Developer / .NET Programmer @ Working for one of world largest digital media groups building an application for IBM for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships 2009. The application provides a KML feed to a Goggle Android compatible mobile application which enables users to get information on Points of Interest around Wimbledon. The feed is aggregated from on-going match information from IBM and live information added by scouts using Twitter.
• Build the system in a very short timeline with a redefined specification.
Technical Snapshot: REST Web Services, Twitter API, XML Feeds, C#, ASP.Net , .Net 3.0, .Net 3.5, SQL Server 2005, Console Applications, Aggregating Feeds, KML, Polling Applications, From May 2009 to May 2009 (1 month) Web and CMS Developer / .NET Programmer @ Working for one of UK's leading charities completing intranet development.
• Development and maintenance of the Company Intranet and Backend Admin System.
• Learnt TNL (vendor) and Curo CMS Object Oriented Architecture (VBScript Classes).
• Development and maintenance of the Re-Designed Company Website.
• Development and maintenance of the Becta Next Generation Learning Website.
• Creating templates and Xforms, custom global properties and coding aspx and backend for templates.
• Learnt template and XForms development in EPi-Server.
• Development, maintenance and Re-Design of the Automotive National Training Calendar.
• Pitching, requirements gathering of the Calendar and other projects for the studio.
• Technical mentoring of the web developer and pass on dynamic database development techniques.
• Delivered the system under tight deadlines and technical constraints.
• Development, maintenance and Re-Design of the Intune Website and the CMS.
• Re-development of profile and email permissions centre on the main Help the Aged website.
• Learn the 3rd party CMS framework without any documentation or assistance.
• Development and maintenance of the Oka Direct e-commerce site.
• Development and maintenance of Cannon In-house Configuration Backend to Flash Website.
• Learn the in-house CMS framework used for Oka e-commerce sites..
Technical Snapshot: .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0, SQL Server 2000/2005, XML, C#, Database-less driven site, ASP.NET, Custom Framework, In-house CMS, Flash Integration, Web Services. From November 2007 to December 2007 (2 months) Senior .NET Developer @ Working for a leading agency I was initially employed for 2 weeks but extended until their was no further work required.. Primarily responsible for the ongoing development of Stonebridge Electronics OPTAC e-commerce site. OPTAC is a data logging system for the European trucking industry.
• Development and maintenance of the UK and five European ecommerce sites for OPTAC.
• Development and maintenance of Stonebridge's multi-language aftermarket UK Site.
• Some other work undertaken for various clients including Max Factor.
• Liaising with project managers and reviewing specification documents.
• Additional of sub-category handling and postage free products.
• Integration of SECPAY 3D-Secure credit card processing.
Technical Snapshot: .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0, SQL Server 2000/2005, Microsoft Commerce Server, C#, ASP.NET, Multi-Language Sites, Multi Region Sites. From July 2007 to November 2007 (5 months) Senior Developer / Data Analyst @ Converting 10 digit ISBN to the new 13 digit ISBN format. Conversion involved updating EDI input data feeds and recalculating ISBN13 checksum.
Technical Snapshot: VB, VBA, SQL Server, Access. From June 2007 to June 2007 (1 month) Senior .NET Application Developer / Data Analyst @ Working for large new media consultancy delivering the main selling site for the British Standards Institute (BSI). Primarily responsible for database migration from legacy Oracle system to Microsoft Commerce Server system with Microsoft SQL Server Database backend.
• Migration involved setting up Oracle instance, importing databases, creating DTS, updating programs to encrypt passwords and add users to correct EPi Server CMS groups.
• Migration involved de-nomalising the legacy data for Commerce Server database implementation.
• Undertook basic Oracle administration - creating instances and schemas, importing databases
• Learnt some basic Oracle DBA skills, Commerce Server Objects and EPi-Server objects.
Technical Snapshot: Complex Data Migration, ASP.NET, C#, Oracle (10.2G XE), SQL Server, Commerce Server, XML, EPi-Server (4.60), Console Applications, T-SQL, PL-SQL, SQL Plus, DTS, TOAD. From March 2007 to June 2007 (4 months) Senior Software .NET Engineer / Component Designer @ Working for a software consultancy delivering a large scale multi-vendor multimillion (a team over 100 people with 30 from Virtusa) multi-component project developed by BT for Reuters. Primarily responsible for the C# component which sends XML from customer front-end to downstream components.
• Translating requirements and Use Cases into technical design solutions for the component
• Acting as component contact and third line application support.
• Delegating work to specific developers and interacting with off-shore development team.
• Design, Implementation and development of new and existing functionality of component.
• Mentoring and passing onto specific component and technical knowledge to other developers
• Liaising with other components and tracking orders through the system stack.
• Able to transfer technical and application specific knowledge to other developers.
• Improved error tracking, system performance and coding best practice.
• Learn a very large complex stack and system architecture very quickly.
Technical Snapshot: ASP.NET, C#, Oracle (8.1, 9.2), ASP, SQL Server, XML, Web Services, XSD, Console Applications, Polling Applications, Large Multi-Component System, Use Cases, Windows Services, TOAD, Web Services, ASP. From May 2006 to March 2007 (11 months) .Net Developer @ Working for a Microsoft consultancy building a generic online multi-language statement site. The client was Moreton Smith International (MSI), a credit collection outsourcing specialist for many of the largest companies in the UK.
Technical Snapshot: ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, Lyris List Manager, Web Services, From April 2006 to May 2006 (2 months) Web Developer @ Working for the world's largest sports marketing agency (IMG). Recruited without an interview to complete and delivery an urgent late- running project - sponsor and Broadcasting Branding Approval Site for the Rugby World Cup 2007.
Technical Snapshot: ASP, Access, HTML, VBScript. From March 2006 to March 2006 (1 month) .Net Developer @ Working for one of the world's largest engineering, construction and infrastructure companies.
Undertook maintenance and development of a variety of corporate and engineering systems.
• PPR (People Performance Results): a ASP-C#.Net conversion of the corporate HR assessment system. This system had full access control, a complex timeline & a process lifecycle and comprehensive report generation and reporting facilities.
• Engineering Data Hand Over: a VB.Net system using Chart FX graphs to display engineering data. This system tracked individual components of various global engineering projects and
allows engineers to determine which components or component groups are at which stage in the data handover.
• Gadget/Portlet Maintenance (Plumtree): Maintenance of various portals and gadgets written in ASP, C# and VB.Net with LDAP integration including Engineering Data Hand Over.
All systems used an Oracle backend with either stored procedures packages or inline SQL using TOAD editor.
• Leant Oracle and dealt with large amounts of complex engineering data.
Technical Snapshot: C#, VB.Net, ASP.NET, ASP, Oracle (8.1,9.2), PL/SQL (Snapshots, Stored Procedures, Packages, SQL), Plumtree Portal, Chart FX Graphing, LDAP integration, TOAD. From November 2005 to March 2006 (5 months) .Net Developer @ Working for registration systems and internal systems for the event management company.
• Design and development of registration system for events including Lexus NMSC Annual worldwide sales meeting, Toyota car launch and Microsoft MSquared (Home of the Future). Also build an internal system for storage and asset tracking
• The tool for Microsoft was a complex meeting booking tool built in a very tight budget
Technical Snapshot: C#, ASP.NET, XML, n-tier, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures, T-SQL, SQL, DTS, Windows 2000/Server,IIS, .NET Console Applications, ASP, CodeSmith. From April 2005 to October 2005 (7 months) Net Developer @ Working for MTV Technology, Broadcast Services developing solutions to support the mission critical broadcasting stream.
• Redevelopment of a subtitling system to provide subtitling of MTV shows. The redevelopment significantly reduced costs by avoiding the need for operator intervention to manually reposition subtitles on screen.
• Development of a n-tier system to record any discrepancies in live transmission of MTVs UK and Pan-European channels
• Developed systems to assist the broadcast stream to operate more effectively and efficiently.
• Learnt the complexities of subtitling and programme scheduling
Technical Snapshot: C#, Win Forms, XML, n-tier, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures, T-SQL, SQL, DTS, Windows 2000/Server, VB6, Interfacing with Custom Backend and live graphics boxes. From September 2004 to February 2005 (6 months) Net Application Developer @ Working for the EMEA Events Team building registration systems for events such as TechEd, CIO Summit, MES, IT Forum and X03. Initially a 3 month contract this was renewed until there was no further work.
• Design and development of large-scale n-tier systems and maintenance of existing systems.
• Using ASP.Net (C#) and Web Forms to build registration websites.
• Using Win Forms and Web Services to build administration applications.
• Using XSLT and XML to build advanced template based bulk email facilities.
• Learning C# in a very short space of time and learning the events industry
• Building critical systems used by VIPs and senior Microsoft Staff.
• Working in an environment of very short turnaround times ('event time')
Technical Snapshot: C#, ASP.Net, Web Forms, Win Forms, Web Services, HTML, XML, XSLT, n-tier, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures, T-SQL, SQL, DTS, IIS5/6, Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server, ASP. From July 2003 to August 2004 (1 year 2 months) Senior Visual Basic Developer/Team Leader @ Working for one of the most successful consultancies that develops information technology solutions primarily for the UK Voluntary Sector. Developed a variety of web and VB based systems for various medium sized to larger nationwide clients. Also undertook System Setup and Security. Permanent role.
• Application and Database Development, Management and Tuning
• Assisting Project Manager with Client Liaison, dealing with contractors
• Provided detailed low-level application support to clients
• Mentored and training graduates and other developers.
• Assisting Technical Director on Systems, Security and Architecture Issues
• Developed and maintained several systems in parallel under tight deadlines.
• Developed the skills of the graduates and other developers.
• Improving the performance of various systems, by database tuning and code changes.
• Assisted Technical Director in establishing development architectures, system management, technical training and security policies.
• Designed and developed system wide architecture for security, session management, navigation and utility functions (T-SQL Stored Procedures/COM/ ASP).
• Established out coding standards and styles, enforcing database design and integrity, good application and software design practice and mentoring junior developers.
• Writing detailed Functional and Physical Specifications and Unit Testing, Database and Web Server Setup
• Designed and built a strong, highly configurable security subsystem minimising administration and allowing great flexibility in security policies
• As team leader, mentored developers in good application design and database design to increase robustness, performance and maintainability.
• Developed user management and profiling tools, site statistics tools, SMS and email integration tools, login-registration-user management system for partner sites and batch user creation application.
• Learnt a very complex 3-tier (the .NET like Akonix Enterprise framework) architecture in a very short space of time
• Developed a content management system (CMS), search facilities for locating GP services in a local area and system for publishing information for ‘micro-sites’ for over 350 UK health authorities.
• Learnt site architecture in very short space on time.
• Development and management of intranet, extranet and internet applications and servers..
• Dealt with a wide range of internal and external clients and prioritise several projects,
Technical Snapshot: Multimedia, CDROM, Web, New Media Development, Macromedia Director, Lingo Scripting, Video and Media Optimisation. From January 1998 to January 1999 (1 year 1 month) Multimedia Developer/Consultant @ Multimedia (CDROM and Web) Development for clients including a new media based training application for Fisher & Paykel NZ.
Technical Snapshot: Multimedia, CDROM, Web, New Media Development, Macromedia Director, Lingo Scripting, Video and Media Optimisation. From January 1996 to January 1997 (1 year 1 month) Systems Admin (Part-Time) @ Application, Network and Systems Support
Wrote Job Costing Tool in MS Access
Technical Snapshot: Windows 95, Workgroup based Networking, Software Installation, Font Management, Application Support, Application Development. From January 1996 to January 1997 (1 year 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension