Project Manager (contract) @ United Technologies Aerospace Systems
Project manager in Aircraft Engineering (contract) @ Gogo Air
Senior Electrical Engineer (Contract) @ Hamilton Sundstrand
Master's Certificate, Project Management @
George Washington University
Senior Electrical Engineer and Project Manager with extensive experience in the telecommunications and auto industry. Experienced in Project Management, Software validation, Customer requirements and documentation, base stations field support and Infrastructure repair depot operations. Experienced implementing product certification, accelerated life tests and all forms of EMC tests compliant to FCC, CE, and SAE specifications. Manage and perform
Senior Electrical Engineer and Project Manager with extensive experience in the telecommunications and auto industry. Experienced in Project Management, Software validation, Customer requirements and documentation, base stations field support and Infrastructure repair depot operations. Experienced implementing product certification, accelerated life tests and all forms of EMC tests compliant to FCC, CE, and SAE specifications. Manage and perform RF, analog and digital hardware development through all research, development, and testing phases. Proficient in ECAD, Microsoft Office programs and SAP. Skilled developing RF Product test systems and test procedures.
• Product Development
• Electronic Hardware Design
• Digital / Analog / RF Engineering
• Problem Solving
• Cross Functional Team Leadership
• Product Management
• Product Test Leader
• Current Product Maintenance
• Vehicle Interfaces, Networks
• Clean Product Launch
• Failure Mode Effect Analysis
• Component Stress Analysis Worksheets
• ITIL V3 foundations certified
• Certified Project Management Professional, PMP
• Aerospace and Defense
Project Manager (contract) @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Rockford, Illinois AreaProject manager in Aircraft Engineering (contract) @ • Assisted in acquiring the Supplemental Type Certificates for the CRJ and 737-900ER Aircraft for the Airline by collaborating with design teams, and vendors to meet the scheduled milestone dates.
• Managed Vendors to provide the Prototype kits for the Air to Ground systems used in the Aircraft
• Conducted weekly meetings with design teams, vendors, customers, and upper management to address and solve issues and ensure timely implementation of the Gogo Air to Ground systems. From February 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 1 month) Senior Electrical Engineer (Contract) @ Managed product development for the Auxiliary Bus Controller Unit for the NASA Orion Space Program.
• Managed product development for the 10 Amp Remote Power Controller. Identified at risk components by generating the Component Power Dissipation, Stress and Performance Analysis, Met accelerated deadline. Identified issues and provided solutions to management.
• Approved the components to be flight ready for use in the Auxiliary Bus Controller Unit (ABCU) From May 2010 to July 2012 (2 years 3 months) Senior Electrical Engineer (CONTRACT) @ Managed product risk for the General Motors Fuel Pump Power Module.
• Managed Product risk by generating the Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis for the General Motors Fuel Pump Power Module. Met accelerated deadline, Identified single point failures by modeling circuits in P-spice and replicating potential failure modes. Identified issues and provided solutions to Management From February 2010 to March 2010 (2 months) Senior Electrical Engineer @ • Maintained customer satisfaction by timely delivery and high quality of Engine Control Modules for a major diesel engine manufacturer by leading and taking ownership of every aspect of the design process to manufacturing
• Lead the Obsolescence team by taking a proactive approach to identifying components nearing the end of their maturity cycle and planning ahead for redesign of ECM’s
• Saved $6000 of redesign cost for Power PC Embedded controller by modifying PCB layout to reuse test fixture and avoided new test fixture development.
• Reduced cost and design cycle time by indentifying functional pin assignments for the current microprocessor used in the embedded controller and interfaced them to function with the replacement microprocessor ensuring functional and specification compliance. From May 2006 to August 2009 (3 years 4 months) Senior Electrical Engineer @ • Saved $300,000 by initiating the discussions and negotiated the acquisition of the ATE test systems and test equipment
• Developed RF Systems testing interface circuitry. Created RF Testing Strategy document.
• Leader, Problem solving for RF systems. Resolving development issues and RF layout issues for RF Systems Lab
• Provided Engineering support for all of the test systems in the repair facility resulting in reduced downtime and maintained service level requirements.
• Identified wideband transmitter problem due to one pulse per second signal drift. Worked with team to redesign software and bring transmitter into FCC compliance
• Developed and implemented tests for multi-channel base radio program. Led departmental meetings addressing software and hardware concerns and project status. Met accelerated deadline while ensuring compliance with ALT, EMC, and FCC requirements
• Initiated and chaired departmental project leader meetings. Meetings aided successful completion of projects by utilizing staff expertise and fostering coordinated planning and efficient use of resources
• Coordinated base station testing procedures with test developers and systems managers. Assured test racks were built to specification and that software was compatible. Centralized feedback and ensured testing was successfully completed and yielded results in real-time. From 1997 to 2006 (9 years) Electrical Engineer @ • Organized development of schematics, component lists, and testing for final production of an 800MHz power amplifier. Supervised each stage of development ensuring timely delivery and compliance of all standards and expectations.
• Analyzed power amplifier, identifying cause of oscillation problems. Redesigned power amplifier line-up by installing new module and reconfigured power distribution requirements to meet performance specifications
• Designed TX enable circuits for 800MHz and 900MHz power amplifiers to power-up modules before RF is present. Circuits eliminated adjacent channel splatter.
• Performed thermal cutback circuitry testing to identify cause of premature power amplifier shutdown. Modeled performance and identified inaccurate component values. Changed value of resistors and re-certified power amplifier per required standards.
• Led team of engineers to resolve power amplifier circulator lead failures that were causing catastrophic failures of power amplifier modules. Identified lead solder failure due to work hardening and bent leads on the circulator. Team redesigned circulator leads preventing downtime and costly repairs From 1990 to 1997 (7 years) Electrical Engineering Co-OP @ Designed, built and utilized test fixtures to conduct tests on HVAC components including EMI, ESD, dynamic noise, specification compliance, life cycle, and life expectancy. From 1988 to 1990 (2 years)
Six Sigma Green Belt Trained @ Chicago Deming Association - Six Sigma Masters Program From 2009 to 2009 Master's Certificate, Project Management @ George Washington University From 2001 to 2005 BSEE, Electrical Engineering @ Marquette University From 1986 to 1989 Thomas Kostopoulos PMP is skilled in: Telelogic DOORS, ITAR, Analog Circuit Design, Cadence, PMP, RF Engineering, RF, FMEA, Automotive, Circuit Analysis, Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Systems Engineering, EMC compliance, Test Management
Looking for a different
Thomas Kostopoulos PMP?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension