State University of New York College at Plattsburgh
Accomplished Information Technology executive with over fifteen years of international experience in information technology with an emphasis on management, network infrastructure, VoIP, security, and project management. Technology leadership skills with national recruiting, team building, strategy, architecture, project planning, standards, managing risk, vendor negotiations, budgeting, teamwork, infrastructure optimization, and working toward the corporate vision efficiently and with fiscal
Accomplished Information Technology executive with over fifteen years of international experience in information technology with an emphasis on management, network infrastructure, VoIP, security, and project management. Technology leadership skills with national recruiting, team building, strategy, architecture, project planning, standards, managing risk, vendor negotiations, budgeting, teamwork, infrastructure optimization, and working toward the corporate vision efficiently and with fiscal responsibility.
I am open to senior IT management roles in the Princeton, NJ area.
Specialties: Network Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, and BGP
WAN technologies: OC3, T3, ethernet, frame-relay, MPLS, etc.
VOIP: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Call Manager Express, and Cisco Unity Express
Network Hardware: Cisco routers, Cisco switches (CatOS and IOS), and F5 BigIP
Security: Cisco ACS, Cisco ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco VPN Concentrators, and RSA Tokens
Operating Systems and Software: Windows Domains, Microsoft Exchange, Linux, Unix, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and Solarwinds
Senior Manager Core Data @ • Lead and manage a national team of Data Network Engineers responsible for NEC (Network Equipment Center) Data Center transport engineering at Verizon Wireless
• Responsible for managing and tracking a multi-million dollar budget
• Coordinate with Data Services Operations, Planning, Design, PMO, and application teams.
• Manage a team responsible for engineering for over 1,000 LAN / WAN network elements including routing, switching, load balancing, and security.
• Manage resources to set proper priorities, expectations, and ensure projects are planned and delivered on time.
• Develop personnel, career paths, deliverables and morale for the data services NEC team
• Work with various departments/vendors to ensure clear communications of requirements and expectations
• Lead and manage multiple simultaneous NEC Transport engineering projects From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Program Manager @ • Successfully managed a project to connect a Fortune 500 company to an international acquisition with B2B connections in NA, EMEA, and ASPAC for global redundancy in a $21 billion dollar merger on time and on budget
• Successfully managed multiple international network infrastructure projects
• Manage Verizon and client processes for site tech deployments, technical documents, scope, regular status meetings, and budget in NA, EMEA, and ASPAC
• Coordinate projects with teams across Verizon and our client spanning project management, technical teams, and business requirements.
• Lead on vendor management with dark fiber sub contractor
• Participate in pre sales process and provide resource estimatesSuccessfully managed a project to connect a Fortune 500 company to an international acquisition with B2B connections in NA, EMEA, and ASPAC for global redundancy in a $21 billion dollar merger on time and on budget From June 2011 to May 2015 (4 years) CEO @ Business Owner, blogger, and author
• Business - setup LLC, manage expenses, and developed a business plan
• Marketing - SEO, Brand development, web site traffic growth, web site UI, and web site statistics monitoring
• Author - I wrote and published the book Business and Technology Integration that is now available on Amazon.
• Technical - setup Amazon webservices, web server, database, DNS, Wordpress, and external monitoring From January 2012 to December 2014 (3 years) Director of Network Engineering @ Promoted after ten months from Manager of Network Engineering responsible for New Jersey to the national Director of Network Engineering and given responsibility to restructure the national Network Engineering team and network infrastructure.
• Developing documentation, project management templates, and processes to reduce time and improve efficiency on all Network Engineering projects across the company.
• Driving toward a Network Engineering initiative to upgrade the Remote Access and Site-to-Site VPN infrastructure in New Jersey to leverage supported hardware and redundancy at no additional cost to the company by leveraging existing redundant Cisco ASA firewalls.
• Managing several projects to replace out of date and end of life network infrastructure across the company that have resulted in zero down time outside maintenance windows
• managed complete staff turn over, knowledge transfer, hiring and training of a new network team in New Jersey in within the first nine months
• Mitigated frequent network outages and instability by replacing critical network infrastructure from Enterasys to Cisco to reduce business risk and provide network stability.
• Key Stakeholder in migrating from Avaya to Cisco Enterprise VOIP standard for 200 users
• built a new isolated $300,000 network infrastructure for a key Fortune 500 client in less than a month. From March 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 4 months) Director of Network Services @ Responsible for the national Network Services team, wiring, data centers, systems, voice, and network infrastructure
• Managed the process of migrating Information Technology from an external vendor to internally managed datacenters and hired all Information Technology internal staff. The Information Technology budget was more cost effective and resulted in fewer technical problems.
• Migrated from individual WAN circuits to a centralized VPLS WAN infrastructure with OSPF to reduce cost, increase redundancy and speed of connectivity throughout the network.
• Relocated two office hubs, one branch, and two datacenters during 2008 to meet aggressive business objectives
• Led at team to convert 15 legacy phone systems to one company wide Enterprise Cisco Enterprise VOIP system. From January 2008 to February 2010 (2 years 2 months) Information Security Analyst @ Delivered network monitoring and infrastructure changes as a part of the Network Engineering team and moved to Information Security
Information Security accomplishments
• Redesigned, converted, and setup the support process to convert a Fortune 500 company with over 20,000 users to clientless secure remote access with RSA SecurID tokens. This lead to greater security, faster setup time, and a faster internal process.
• Monitored the IPS systems for internal and external threats resulting in improved security and Information Security issue response.
Network Engineering accomplishments
• Member of a network engineer team managing an EIGRP network of 2,000 Cisco devices and 20,000 users
• Managed a project to redesign our Manila, Philippines by converting to a three tiered Layer 3 infrastructure of Cisco 4500 switches, 7200 routers, and Cisco Pix firewalls for 3,000 users From June 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 8 months) Network Engineer @ · Network Architect and second tier international support for three back offices and two production datacenters serving a fortune 500 financial customer base
· Upgraded our domain from Windows NT to a 2003 domain and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 From April 2000 to June 2006 (6 years 3 months) Consultant @ · Involved in multiple Cisco network infrastructure projects
· Author of a perl script included in the MRTG distribution called snmping.pl. From August 1999 to April 2000 (9 months) Systems Engineer @ Administered the NT Domain, Solaris, DNS, Novell Netware 4.11, and BSDI 4.0. From April 1998 to August 1999 (1 year 5 months) Network Manager @ Managed 600 clients and 40 servers in a mixed Windows and Novell environment. From July 1996 to March 1998 (1 year 9 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Business Administration and Management, General @ Quinnipiac University From 2012 to 2016 none, CCIE Routing and Switching @ Internetwork Expert From 2010 to 2011 Expert Labs Online From 2005 to 2005 Routing and Switching Technologies Class @ Internetwork Expert From 2005 to 2005 Avaya ACM Basic Administration @ SPS From 2009 to 2009 Bachelors, History @ State University of New York College at Plattsburgh From 1990 to 1994 Thomas CISSP is skilled in: Cisco Technologies, Firewalls, VPN, WAN, Security, VoIP, Switches, OSPF, ITIL, Routers, Network Security, Network Architecture, Cisco Call Manager, PMP, DNS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension