I am a full-stack software engineer with a background in molecular and cellular biology. Armed with curiosity and creativity, I always immerse myself in new technologies and challenging environments. I recently attended the Software Engineering Fellowship at Hackbright Academy, where I developed the skills and became proficient in modern web development and computer science fundamentals. I further
I am a full-stack software engineer with a background in molecular and cellular biology. Armed with curiosity and creativity, I always immerse myself in new technologies and challenging environments. I recently attended the Software Engineering Fellowship at Hackbright Academy, where I developed the skills and became proficient in modern web development and computer science fundamentals. I further cultivated this knowledge by individually building a web application from ground up in four weeks.
I aim to combine these technical skills with the analytical and management experience I’ve honed through microbiology research and numerous leadership positions in order to advance the forefront of innovative technologies.
Software Engineer @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Software Engineering Fellow @ • Gained working proficiency in all aspects of full-stack web development by completing numerous paired and individual projects
• Pair-Programming Projects: Markov tweet generator, movie ratings application, shopping website, and word scrambler
• Collaborated with five directors to establish, promote, and document the TEDxUIUC conference to further cultivate knowledge, motivation, and dialogue within the Urbana-Champaign community From October 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 1 month) Performance Director @ • Raised $7,000+ by managing 150+ students through leading a team of 25 choreographers in order to oversee the largest charity fundraiser aimed to provide necessary resources for the Nueva Vizcaya Sibol Illini School
• Conducted meetings and collaborated with 10 directors to discuss progress and to find solutions regarding any concerns From June 2013 to May 2014 (1 year) Co-Founder @ • Led 40+ volunteers and the operations of the largest site of the campus-wide bone marrow drive in order to register and take samples of registrants, to spread awareness regarding bone marrow transplants, and to fundraise for potential donors
• Designed, managed, and distributed promotional media to encourage membership and attendance at events From April 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 2 months) Recruitment Director @ • Increased membership 25% by directing three officers and collaborating with 11 directors to represent AMSA at health fairs
• Designed, managed, and distributed promotional media to encourage membership and attendance at events From August 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 10 months) Undergraduate Researcher @ • Characterized optimal growth conditions and wrote a standard operating procedure for the cultivation of two strains of Campylobacter jejuni
• Took the initiative to design, iterate, and write a standard operating procedure for the ion exchange of the cytolethal distending toxin (tripartite holotoxin and individual subunits) of Campylobacter jejuni, Escherichia coli, and Haemophilus ducreyi
• Presented weekly PowerPoint presentations of progress, analyzed data, and future plans to P.I. and fellow researchers From September 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension