Why Join Akamai?
At Akamai, you'd be leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet. No one carries more Web traffic than Akamai, so working here means you're helping some of the best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all
Why Join Akamai?
At Akamai, you'd be leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet. No one carries more Web traffic than Akamai, so working here means you're helping some of the best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai. Join the Akamai culture that's extremely intelligent, supportive and committed to delivering world-class solutions.
Corporate Recruiter- Sales & Marketing @ At Akamai, "Faster Forward" is how we approach everything we do, every challenge we undertake, each problem we tackle. Most of all, it's how we approach our careers, and our culture.
Founded in the lecture halls and labs of MIT, Akamai has grown into a $2B+ company operating at the amazing intersection between technology, commerce and innovation. Today, no one delivers more Web content than Akamai, yet we remain dedicated to problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. We're looking for smart, energetic people that get excited by big questions, unsolved problems and thrive in a culture of cooperation where hard work and ideas are consistently rewarded.
Rated The Boston Globe's "Top Places To Work" in 2012, 2013, and 2014!
Want to join the Akamai Team? Visit jobs.akamai.com to see open opportunities. From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Talent Sourcing and Research Specialist-Sales & Marketing @ •Partnered and supported recruiters and hiring managers on business needs across the US
•Involved in launch meetings for new roles, phone and on-site interview scheduling and debrief meetings on potential hires
•Identified candidates using various tools- LinkedIn, The Ladders, Monster, Twitter, Boolean
•Well versed in iCIMS (Applicant Tracking System)
•Tracked, sourced and created talent pipeline - Contact, schedule and screen potential candidates, maintained relationships for future business and networking
•Attended meet ups and conferences as well as staying up to date with the industry trends and changes From November 2014 to June 2015 (8 months) Recruiting Sourcer @ • Established and maintained relationships with industry/professional organizations to build candidate resource pool
• Participated in job briefings and collaborate with Senior Recruiter/Hiring Manager to understand position requirements
• Identified and sourced (active and passive) prospective candidates through a variety of sources/methods (including internal database, job boards, search engines, networking events and social media)
• Planned and executed branding and recruiting events to promote Altisource Labs
• Participated in university events promoting the full array of Altisource Labs opportunities to campus talent
• Performed market research on candidate skill sets, demographics, and hiring trends
• Served as primary point of contact for candidates throughout the recruiting process
• Managed inbound candidate traffic and assigned job listings and post to job boards and other social media networks
• Identified new search techniques and sourcing strategies and research successful recruiting trends From September 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 3 months) Human Resources & Event Assistant @ • Wrote and posted job descriptions, involved in application reviews, coordinated interviews
• Acted as a liaison between company’s Executive Director and clients tasked with the responsibility to communicate statistics, event venue information, and exhibitor fees
• Managed all event logistics, on site event set up and break down
• Coordinated meetings and appointments while assisted in managing the Promotional Team for Alex and Ani
• Responsible for promotional team payroll, maintained team database, tracked expense claims and prepared expense reports From May 2012 to November 2012 (7 months) Providence, Rhode Island AreaMarketing & Event Intern @ •Performed marketing tasks such as building the customer database, newsletter production, conducting research, applying customer relations and business development
•Event planning such as logistics and organization, day-of-coordination for several of the magazines’ Bridal Shows, vendor sales and promotion From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Business Manager @ •Managed a budget of over $40,000 for the Student Press Organization
•Reviewed financial statements, sales and activity reports, payroll and affirmative action
•Responsible for all reimbursements
•Was a voting member of the Student Activity Fee Committee and decide how to allocate money toward all of the various student organizations
•Was responsible for coordinating publications and promotional material as well as published a monthly newsletter for staff From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Marketing & Event Planning Intern @ • Organized and executed all events for clients and prospective clients, including seminars and appreciation events
• Maintained client relations and created new ways to gain new clients and accounts, including branding the Ameriprise Financial Franchise throughout the community
• Contacted venues, compared prices, arranged catering, spoke with local businesses about hosting opportunities
• Created invitations, responsible for all RSVP’s, conducted reminder calls and compliance notices
• Obtained several new clients referred from previous events From September 2010 to January 2011 (5 months)
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Communication and Business Adminstration @ University of New Hampshire From 2008 to 2012 Tess Felber is skilled in: Event Planning, Marketing, Public Speaking, Sales, Customer Service, Social Media, Leadership, Recruiting, Time Management, Training, Human Resources, Business Development, Management, Access, Account Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension