My name is Tauren Kristich and I am a young software developer looking to take the next step in my career. For the past few years I have been working as a developer and analyst in the healthcare industry. In my current role, I touch every aspect of IT within our company; SQL/Python development, data analytics, long
My name is Tauren Kristich and I am a young software developer looking to take the next step in my career. For the past few years I have been working as a developer and analyst in the healthcare industry. In my current role, I touch every aspect of IT within our company; SQL/Python development, data analytics, long term strategy, ETL, data warehousing, etc. This has lead me to become increasingly interested in how technology can change the lives of everyone around us, in a positive way! I often think how tiny devices such as bluetooth scales or electronic glucose monitors could make a huge difference in how we take care of our patients.
While working full time, I have continued to grow as a developer by constantly learning and pursuing things that intrest me. My interest in open data and geocoding has recently led me to the task of building out an open sourced Geocoder in Python/Flask/PostgreSQL. Learning from the project and wanting to improve further, I am currently underway in re-engineering it in Java, leveraging the Spring Framework and PostgreSQL. As that project continues to grow, I have been exploring AngularJS for building great web apps - which has been a blast.
Aside from coding I like to keep active through Ultimate Frisbee, Crossfit, and rock climbing.
Please feel free to check out my github and see what else i'm working on: https://github.com/taurenk
Software Developer @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Application System Specialist @ ▪ Develop SQL queries and Python scripts to pull, parse and format large volumes of claim, provider and member data for governmental audits, internal reports and analytics
▪ Serve as lead developer and administrator on CRM and claims systems
▪ Technical lead on new technology and system implementations including QNXT Claim System, HL7 messaging exchange, and Salesforce CRM
▪ Serve as primary engineer on large projects such as FIDA implementation; use geocoding to identify gaps in provider service network and leverage Google Transit Data feed [public transit data] to solve whether members will have access to physicians via public transit
▪ Act as main driver behind enterprise wide data clean up effort [Provider and Member data] in all aspects including project management, development, strategy, and analytics
▪ Consult on high level IT strategy such as long term member and provider data repositories, enterprise data flows, and new system implementation architecture From August 2012 to June 2015 (2 years 11 months) Software Developer @ Designed, developed, and maintained applications in Pick Basic running on an Intersystems Caché DBMS.
Developed and implemented an inventory management system which included creating applications to support basic inventory functions and print picking tickets. Designed warehouse location schema and a C# application to interface with industrial printer for automating the printing of 4000+ bar coded warehouse labels.
Created new e-commerce website using the Magento platform. Create java ETL application to get product/product changes from legacy system and import into Magento website via SOAP API calls.
Troubleshooted any software or hardware issues for entire company - ranging from application bugs to setting up new user's PCs.
Worked on java app to interface shipping system with FedEx/UPS address validation APIs.
Redesigned 10+year old product maintenance application by adding new fields, screens, and functionality. From August 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension