Sr Software Engineer @ Franklin Templeton Investments
Senior Software Engineer @ IBM, Software Development Group, Industry Solutions
BS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science @
University of California, Berkeley
Accomplished Senior Software Engineer with 10 years software development experience in the areas of cloud computing services, modeling, simulation, and visualization, as well as a variety of programming languages and software design tools, with emphasis on Java/J2EE, web applications, and database systems. Extensive background in full life cycle of software development process including requirements, gathering, design, coding,
Accomplished Senior Software Engineer with 10 years software development experience in the areas of cloud computing services, modeling, simulation, and visualization, as well as a variety of programming languages and software design tools, with emphasis on Java/J2EE, web applications, and database systems. Extensive background in full life cycle of software development process including requirements, gathering, design, coding, testing, and debugging. Strong knowledge of Object Oriented design, design patterns and UML. Masters Degree from Carnegie Mellon and B.S. from UC Berkeley. Demonstrates proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals, while forming cohesive team environments.
Specialties: Emphasis on Java technologies, SaS, web applications, visualization, database systems, Object Oriented Design and Development, domain relevant to aerospace R&D.
Sr Software Engineer @ - As part of Franklin Templeton Technologies, play a critical role in "Client Master" application that is a central repository for US and International clients. This complex application involves web service communications with other teams, UI usage by analytics business users, as well as massive batch processing capabilities.
- Lead several small projects in the role of technical lead and software designer
- Design, develop, test, and deploy applications as part of multi-team projects, interacting with customers, other teams, and external vendors
- Provide production support for a complex application during deployments, maintenance upgrades, and production issues.
- Experience with application development using Java, JSP, Struts, Weblogic, Tomcat. Data analysis and data quality improvements using Oracle SQL, including data patching and business reports. Use of tools such as GoldenSource for Customers, Trillium Software, Informatica. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Dublin, CASenior Software Engineer @ ◦ Participated in design, development and maintenance of major features of the Promotion Optimization SaaS solution used by major retailers such as Target, Walmart, and others.
◦ Followed Scrum development methodology and 3-week iterations.
◦ Worked on various development and maintenance assignments including improving performance of complex stored procedures operating on very large datasets, reducing bugs, handling majority of localization issues.
◦ Co-authored paper on Complex Event Modeling, Simulation & Analysis framework.
◦ Played key role on Sensor Tasking research and development project for a satellite constellation. Visualization with Satellite Toolkit; co-developer of sensor scheduling algorithm.
◦ Experience with Visual Basic, Java, C++, Matlab, ESRI, and a set of scheduling tools. Co-author of resulting Lockheed Martin SSC “Trade Secret”. From February 2004 to August 2012 (8 years 7 months) Palo Alto, CASenior Software Engineer @ ◦ As a critical member of the flight software team for a key camera on the James Webb Space Telescope, wrote and tested flight code, and created ground tools using Rational Rose, VxWorks, C++, and Java. Provided guidance in the use of software engineering practices. Worked closely with other subsystems for the success of the instrument delivery to NASA.
◦ Responsible for design, development, and documentation of command and telemetry database applications for several satellite programs. Performed formal evaluation of automated testing frameworks to achieve a successful 100% test code coverage required for the certification of the database application. Provided leadership and mentoring to a remote team of engineers. Effective use of Java, Oracle, SQLDeveloper, JDeveloper, JSF, Eclipse/RAD, Kodo ORM, Sybase and Junit/JTest. From February 2004 to August 2012 (8 years 7 months) Sunnyvale, CASoftware Engineer @ ◦ Responsible for the development of the new architecture of OnView, a process viewer for Lithography and Plasma Etch data. Created new modules and ported existing modules from LabView code into C#. Experience with C# and Visual C++. From November 2003 to February 2004 (4 months) Software Engineering Intern @ ◦ Engineered AVID (Agile Visual Interaction for Design) tool, played key role in integrating program components of AVID. Experience with Java, VBScript, Matlab, and Phoenix Model Center. From June 2003 to August 2003 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension