Global Medical Affairs Physician - Deputy Director - Hematology @ Bayer Pharmaceuticals
Women's Health Advocate @ Unplugged Enterprises LLC
Medical Science Liaison II (Field Medical Affairs) - Women's Health Care Division @ Bayer Healthcare
MD, Medicine @
Tulane University School of Medicine
Solutions-focused, diligent self-starter with a clinical degree and a diverse and unique background in business, research, and public health. Calm demeanor in the face of difficulties; ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure in fast-paced environments. Highly versatile, Innovative, big-picture thinker; adept at quickly mastering new roles and responsibilities. Reputation for integrity, perseverance, and work
Solutions-focused, diligent self-starter with a clinical degree and a diverse and unique background in business, research, and public health. Calm demeanor in the face of difficulties; ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure in fast-paced environments. Highly versatile, Innovative, big-picture thinker; adept at quickly mastering new roles and responsibilities. Reputation for integrity, perseverance, and work ethic. Continuously pursues opportunities to learn and takes on challenges for further professional development and growth.
Global Medical Affairs Physician - Deputy Director - Hematology @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Women's Health Advocate @ From 2013 to Present (2 years) Medical Science Liaison II (Field Medical Affairs) - Women's Health Care Division @ From April 2013 to August 2015 (2 years 5 months) Greater Atlanta AreaMedical Science Liaison (Field Medical Affairs) @ Identify, cultivate, and maintain scientific/clinically relevant relationships with clinical/scientific leaders, researchers, and study investigators with expertise in Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and other cardiometabolic disorders; serve as a scientific/clinical consultant on the appropriate use of DSI’s therapies (e.g. thienopyridines, bile acid sequestrants, alpha1-receptor blockers, factor Xa inhibitors) and further the development of new therapeutic indications.
• Provide formulary, pipeline, and other scientific/clinical data presentations upon request; fulfill unsolicited requests for scientific/clinical information (both on-label & off-label information).
• Attend scientific congresses; evaluate the merit & scientific rigor of scientific data disclosures; conduct competitive scientific and/or business intelligence, summarize and report findings to key stakeholders.
• Serve as a clinical/scientific resource during sales training activities.
• Served as Chair of the Southeast Regional Medical Council; coordinated regional activities/initiatives with other cross-functional groups, including sales, marketing, & government affairs. From October 2007 to April 2013 (5 years 7 months) Greater Atlanta AreaAdjunct Faculty (part-time) @ Developed curricula and lectured on various topics and courses including Anatomy & Physiology to mid-level college students, including pre-medical and allied health students. From August 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 3 months) Orlando, Florida AreaRegional Medical Scientist @ Identified, developed, and maintained interactive relationships with medical/clinical leaders, researchers, and study investigators with expertise in the pathophysiology of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) and experience in utilizing biologic therapy in IBD management; primary goal was to provide clinical/scientific support on the appropriate use of Elan’s therapies and evaluate the potential of new therapeutic indications.
• Served as the Department of Medical Affairs (MA) Representative on the IBD Publication Planning Committee
• Reviewed scientific manuscripts that were submitted for publication in peer-reviewed journals; evaluated and ensured the quality and accuracy of both clinical and epidemiologic data presented within these manuscripts
• Reviewed sales training manuals to ensure scientific accuracy and provided clinical/scientific training to sales teams.
• Supported clinical educational initiatives including medical advisory boards, speaker training, research initiatives, and provided clinical/scientific presentations to health care providers.
• Assisted with development and management of investigator-initiated clinical research proposals
• Provided insight on emerging competitive trends relating to biologic therapy and IBD management; collaborated with and provided feedback to internal clinical development and commercial teams. From May 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 6 months) Cancer Epidemiology & Prevention Postdoctoral Research Fellow @ Actively participated in the planning and design of innovative and insightful research projects in the field of cancer epidemiology.
• Primary responsibilities included crafting research questions, manuscript preparation for publication, grant writing, and power point presentations.
• Central research focus included, but not limited to, evaluating medical history and risk of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and identifying effective cancer risk reduction strategies for minority populations.
• Coordinated Hepatitis C provider analysis project with Cook County and Chicago Departments of Public Health
• Designed data collection survey instruments for utilization with health care providers and college students.
• Conducted literature reviews relating to epidemiologic studies to develop insightful research questions.
• Served as technical reviewer on Northwestern University’s Institutional Review Board; reviewed a variety of research protocols including, randomized clinical trials, epidemiologic studies, and social science projects; ensured appropriate ethical standards of research concepts and associated methods. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Professional Sales Representative @ Educated targeted physicians and other health care professionals on the most current information pertaining to key Merck products (therapeutic categories included cardiovascular, anti-inflammatory/arthritis, neuroscience, and respiratory/asthma).
• Utilized a high-science/consultative selling approach; effectively maximized business potential of territory and maintained sound business relationships with targeted physicians by integrating activities with Specialty and Hospital Representatives.
• Our sales team consistently ranked in the top tier of the district and region with regards to market share. From September 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 4 months) Health Scientist @ Demonstrated strong communication and leadership skills in effectively conducting technical and scientific support to senior health scientists and medical officers in order to enhance the quality of laboratory practices.
* Actively supported the effective collation, evaluation, interpretation and/or presentation of research data and technical information as it related to HIV/AIDS activities within the branch. From 2000 to 2000 (less than a year) Greater Atlanta Area
MPH, Health Outcomes @ Emory School of Public Health From 2009 to 2014 MD, Medicine @ Tulane University School of Medicine From 1997 to 2004 BS, Biology, Chemistry @ Xavier University of Louisiana From 1993 to 1997 Tanya Douglas-Holland MD, MPH is skilled in: Medical Liaison, Business Relationship Management, Relationship Development, Customer Relations, Scientific Writing, Public Speaking, Scientific Communications, Epidemiology, Public Health, Inter-personal, Public Relations, Social Media, Clinical Trials, Customer Service, Medical Affairs
Looking for a different
Tanya Douglas-Holland MD, MPH?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension