VP Business Intelligence; Data-to-Report Business Process Owner @ Estee Lauder
Transformational and results oriented leader with deep expertise in information technology, Analytics and business operations gained in diverse global companies/brands. Demonstrated success in solving complex business challenges, ensuring superior business relationships, and improving bottom line results. Enabling Business Capabilities by defining and executing Business Transformation IT (ERP/BI) programs for globally transforming companies. Balances visionary and strategic approaches
Transformational and results oriented leader with deep expertise in information technology, Analytics and business operations gained in diverse global companies/brands. Demonstrated success in solving complex business challenges, ensuring superior business relationships, and improving bottom line results. Enabling Business Capabilities by defining and executing Business Transformation IT (ERP/BI) programs for globally transforming companies. Balances visionary and strategic approaches with strong focus on execution, details, and full understanding of daily operational processes. Recognized as a change agent with extensive experience implementing organizational & process improvements, instituting cost saving efficiencies, and leveraging innovative technologies to drive businesses forward. Thrives in dynamic environments and inspires high levels of team performance; well versed in being an influential multi-cultural change agent who builds and enhances relationships at all levels within organizations.
• Enterprise Business Information Management/Analytics strategy development
• Large-scale Multi-Platform Global BI Project & SAP Implementation Management
• Strategic Planning and Execution
• BI Portfolio/Program Management
• Organizational Restructuring
• Turn-around / Start-Up & Change Management
• Global Cross-Culture Change Leadership
• Global Competency Center & Sourcing Model Deployment
VP @ BI Program organization for several global Consumer Goods manufacturers From July 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Business Intelligence Advisor (VP) @ Leadership positions for global Generics Pharmaceutical Manufacturer
VP Partner IT (Finance, HR, Corp. Services)
VP Enterprise Business Analytics
• Integral leader in supporting IT transformation into a global scalable organization to support company’s growths targets using innovative IT structures, talent acquisition and business alignment
• Lead Strategy and Process & Technology innovation efforts to increase organizational effectiveness, business relevance & speed to market by applying CPG concepts to pharmaceutical industry
• Directing companies business enabling programs across Finance, HR, Analytics & Analytics IT Foundation
• Stood up initial Data Science and “Big Data” capabilities
• Development of Enterprise Business Information Management BI Strategies Roadmaps to maximize business benefits for Financial, Supply Chain, and Consumer data.
• BI organization and process redesign for several global Consumer Goods manufacturers
• Directing BI programs for large North Western Utility From January 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) GlobalVP Business Intelligence; Data-to-Report Business Process Owner @ STRATEGY
• Developed ELC’s decision support vision and strategy (Global Corporate Performance Management) to support ELC’s transformation to a “high-touch” Consumer focused organization.
ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT
• Managing ELC’s global Business Intelligence organization. Transforming BI organization into a business services focused global competency center with a flexible sourcing model.
• Built ELC executive sponsorship & created business case/funding for multi-year BI program. From November 2008 to October 2011 (3 years) Vice President BI & SAP @ STRATEGY
• Developed Sapient’s Business Intelligence (BI) Service Portfolio and Go to Market Strategy.
• Refined BI vision, strategy, and implementation methodologies to address shifting market and BI tool trends; focused on Global Distributed Delivery for BI to increase BI delivery efficiency.
• Worked with industry analysts to refine Sapient’s BI strategy and to influence market direction; partnered with SAP Enterprise Performance Management RIG to develop new SAP BI product service lines.
• Interfaced with all levels of client organizations to help define BI strategies to achieve business objectives and to ensure BI solution adoption.
ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT
• Accountable for multi-million $ BI revenue and profit targets.
• Responsible for Global Distributed BI Delivery/Support organization of 100+ employees and consultants in North America and 50+ employees in India.
• Broadened BI thought leadership skill sets and presence to address Sapient’s strategic BI service areas.
• Shared strategic BI industry direction through frequent Industry Analyst market assessment work sessions. From October 2007 to November 2008 (1 year 2 months) Principal @ -STRATEGY & IMPLEMENTATION
• Developed Enterprise Information Management (EIM) service portfolio and Go-to-Market strategy for Capgemini’s US West Region. From June 2007 to October 2007 (5 months) Director Global Business Intelligence @ ORGANIZATION & MANAGEMENT
• Managed the Global Business Intelligence (GBI) Organization (Approx. 100 FTE & 75 contractors). Accountable for efficient operations of Nike Inc.’s critical Information Management system platforms. Multi-million Expense Budget and Program Portfolio accountability.
• Led the organizational transformation of GBI into a shared service organization to achieve greater operational efficiencies.
• Implemented a new Service Provider strategy to better leverage Nike strategic partners’ global deployment/support capabilities.
STRATEGY & ARCHITECTURE
• Deployed one of the world’s largest BI SAP Business Warehouses based on Corporate Information Factory (50+ Tera Byte; 100 million data rows daily). Nike’s SAP Warehouse solution is considered industry best practice by SAP AG.
• Influenced SAP, Cognos, and Microsoft product development through strategic partnership agreements.
• Co-directed, as the Nike Business Intelligence Strategy (NBIS) IT Program director, the delivery of a global multi-year Information Management solution, aligning processes, definitions, and Key Performance Indicators globally, replacing 20+ data mart solutions, and enabling critical business improvement initiatives; anticipated program benefits of several hundred million dollars.
. From August 2005 to July 2007 (2 years) Senior Manager @ • Participated as a senior member of Deloitte’s West Cost Business Intelligence (BI) practice; redefined practitioner profiles and compositions, development of strategic Business Intelligence methodologies, governances, and standards.
• Led the SAP Business Warehouse (BW) repositioning effort of 22 consultant and client resources at a major supply distribution company with more than $5 billion in revenue. From February 2005 to June 2005 (5 months) VP Project Delivery (Project Leader for SAP America) @ IMPLEMENTATION & SUPPORT STRATEGY
• Defined and implemented the BI vision and implementation strategy for a Fortune 16 pharmaceutical drug wholesaler.
• Co-directed, as the implementation partner the joint efforts of the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence teams in delivery of a multi-year ERP/BI solution for a Fortune 16 pharmaceutical drug wholesaler.
• Supervised, as a BI implementation co-lead, a fifty-member implementation team in the design and development of an SAP BW Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and delivery of several BI analytic and reporting solutions.
• Developed the BI standards, guidelines and principles in the implementation areas of design and development.
• Responsible for providing industry leading strategic architectural framework for 50+ Tera Byte EDW installation.
• Lead production stabilization and performance initiatives for SAP ERP and SAP BW EDWs. From January 2000 to February 2005 (5 years 2 months) Project Manager @ IIMPLEMENTATION & SUPPORT STRATEGY
• Managed SAP ERP implementations, upgrades, project scoping and project resource planning.
• Led development of an On-Line Store for major Australian Wine distributor.
• Responsible for project costs (fixed bid), schedule and full life cycle of project. From May 1998 to December 2000 (2 years 8 months) Senior Consultant @ IMPLEMENTATION
• Developed/Implemented significant ERP solutions for Finance, Sales & Distributions, and custom functionality. From October 1995 to May 1998 (2 years 8 months) Software Developer & Consultant @ • Development of distributed database applications. From December 1989 to December 1992 (3 years 1 month) Military @ • Communication Specialist. From July 1983 to December 1989 (6 years 6 months)
University of Massachusetts, Amherst From 1992 to 1993 Sven Jensen is skilled in: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Business Process..., ERP, SDLC, Business Process, SAP BW, Integration, Strategy, SAP, Cognos, Analytics, Enterprise Architecture, Business Objects, Dashboard, SAP ERP, SAP R/3, Teradata, Data Modeling, SAP BI, Management, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence..., Project Delivery, IT Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, SAP Implementation, ERP Software, Big Data
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension