Senior Vice President Operations @ Tempest Telecom Solutions
Director Of Operations @ World Wide Technology
Sr. Director Operations & Supply Chain @ Brooks Instrument
Texas Christian University - M.J. Neeley School of Business
A dynamic leader with over 20 years of progressive and diverse global experience with Fortune 500 and Private Equity organizations directing Manufacturing Plants, Repair Operations, and Logistic Centers in several industries including consumer electronics, semiconductors, telecommunications, computers, and networking devices. Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate high performance teams that dramatically improve profitability, customer satisfaction, sales, on-time
A dynamic leader with over 20 years of progressive and diverse global experience with Fortune 500 and Private Equity organizations directing Manufacturing Plants, Repair Operations, and Logistic Centers in several industries including consumer electronics, semiconductors, telecommunications, computers, and networking devices. Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate high performance teams that dramatically improve profitability, customer satisfaction, sales, on-time delivery, and quality regardless of industry or company size. Delivers value by matching vision and strategy with comprehensive action plans focused on continuous improvement and lean principles. Excels at both the tactical and strategic level with a proven record of synthesizing the two into powerful business solutions that differentiate and improve the enterprise.
Specialties: Management and Leadership, Supply chain operations, Order Fulfillment, Production Control, Production planning, Inventory reduction, Materials planning, Supply chain organization, Manufacturing operations Supply chain process, Supply chain strategies, Inventory planning, Commodity management, Materials Management, Program Management, New Product Introduction, EOL Management, Warehousing, Logistics, Forecasting, Financial Management, Budgeting, Business Planning, Process Development, Supplier Management, S&OP Management, Procurement, Contracts, Outsourcing, Product Development, Lean Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Sourcing, and Systems Development.
Sr. Director Operations @ Directed all operational aspects of syncreon 3PL & 4PL Service offerings. P&L responsibility in North America instrumental in improving performance and growing the business both organically and with new customers. Directed Order Management, Warehousing, Logistics, Purchasing, Filed Delivery Services, and Transportation for North America Tech and Telecommunications Clients. Led major ramp and deployment operations supporting Sprint, Cricket, US Cellular, and T-Mobile.
Spearheaded Procurement efforts to gain a competitive advantage in cost through RFP's aimed at reducing cost and improving performance in Transportation, Specialty Delivery Services, and Warehousing operations including leaseholds and alliances.
Led efforts to reduce staff by 30% while improving Call Center operations efficiency handling 50% more activity in booking new orders or modification of existing orders. From October 2011 to Present (4 years 1 month) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Director Strategic Accounts @ Global Account Director for Tech and Telecommunication clients. From November 2012 to Present (3 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaVice President of Supply Chain @ Led the growth and development of the Supply Chain team as Goodman Networks transformed from a promising start-up to a prime contractor for AT&T, Alcatel-Lucent, Comcast, and other industry leaders. Hired, developed, and led an organization of 10 Sr. Managers and Directors responsible for 95 professionals located in 14 states. Responsible for material and services spend in excess of $350 million fulfilled through 8 distribution centers. Managed a diverse scope that included Purchasing, Planning, Warehousing, Logistics, Facilities, and Fleet Services. Lead Executive for business process improvement and instrumental in the re-design of Oracle and associated business processes that delivered improved efficiencies along with predictable and reliable results. Effective hiring, team building, S&OP Forecasting, and contract negotiations enabled the following significant accomplishments:
• Lead negotiator for over $350M in spend in all procurement categories executing over 100 contracts for telecommunication equipment, office supplies, transportation services, warehousing services, contract labor, office productivity equipment, and 24 office and warehouse leases
• Led initiatives to source raw materials directly and develop diversity suppliers into qualified manufacturers of finished product resulting in significant procurement cost savings
• Implemented Procurement Governance policies to eliminate conflicts of interest and establish Best-In-Class Procurement and Business ethics.
• Reduced warehousing and freight costs by 40% delivering $3.5M in gross margin improvement
• Improved On Time Delivery from 15% to 98% through integrated supplier solutions
• Rationalized supply base from 300 to 30 suppliers gaining 18% material cost improvement From October 2008 to May 2011 (2 years 8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. Director Operations & Supply Chain @ A key member of the Senior Staff, Steve is responsible for Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Procurement, Sourcing, Warehousing, Logistics, and Customer Service for this private equity firm. Accountable for the Divisional P&L, Steve’s charter is to improve market share, quality, gross margin, EBITDA, and delivery. Utilizing Kaizens and lean manufacturing principles, Steve drives the future strategy as well as daily tactical plant activities. Significant accomplishments include:
•Improved gross margins from 2.8% to 26.2% within 6 months, currently 32%
•Implemented lean manufacturing & material pull systems
•Achieved industry leading delivery performance by reducing lead times 66% (30 days to 10 days)
•Improved on-time delivery from 60% to 99% within 5 months
•Reduced inventory by 30% within first 120 days and have presently slashed by 55%.
•Overhauled logistics and shipping saving over $2.3M annually
•Negotiated price reductions with suppliers eliminating over $5.6M of spend annually From June 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 5 months) Allen, TXDirector Global Materials @ Held Executive positions of increasing responsibility in Apple Care and Business Operations during a tremendous time of growth for Apple. Overhauled the entire Global Spares Distribution Network and pioneered the iPod Supply chain integrating production, spares, and refurbishment into a singular, world-class operation. Lead Executive responsible for the global performance of all repair and warranty suppliers for all products. Successfully replaced i2 with SAP APO as Apple’s Forecasting and Global Spares ERP system. Disciplines managed included Program Management of New Product Introduction, Materials Management, Procurement, S&OP Forecasting, Planning, and Supplier Management. Developed and led an international team of 7 Senior Managers with over 90 employees located in EMEA, Asia, and the Americas. Responsible for an annual budget in excess of $400 million, inventory in excess of $500 million, and the fulfillment of over $3.0 billion in spare shipments globally. Notable highlights achieved through team building, employee development, effective goal alignment with cross-functional teams, and redesigned service delivery models include:
• Consistently achieved 99% on-time delivery for spare parts globally
• Improved inventory utilization for global spares (3 Turns to 12)
• Reduced excess and obsolescence through supplier development and refurbishment strategies
• Designed and implemented spares stocking strategy and replenishment for Apple Retail Stores
• Eliminated over $250 million in expense via forecasting and distribution improvements
• Expanded and outsourced warehousing operations in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia
• Improved average supplier repair time from 60 days to 8 days
• Lead Executive for Supplier Management of global repair and warranty suppliers:
• Sourcing and Negotiating new suppliers and partners
• Actively Managing Performance and KPIs
• Lead negotiator for warranty terms and conditions for all suppliers From January 2003 to April 2007 (4 years 4 months) Cupertino, CADirector Global Planning and Data Management @ Directed Global Service Planning and Data Management activities for both the iPod and Mac business units. Manage an international team of 5 Senior Managers and 35 employees located in EMEA, Asia, and the Americas. Operational responsibilities include global service planning, service parts strategy and readiness, and master data. Scope involves defining spare parts Bill of Materials including software, hardware and service manual content, supply chain repair strategy, both dynamic and static master data elements, demand forecasting, supply network planning, pack-plan execution, and inventory management. From January 2004 to September 2005 (1 year 9 months) Cupertino, CADirector Global Planning @ Directed Global Service Planning utilizing i2 and leveraging a global staff of 2 Senior Managers, 2 Managers, and 22 total employees. Developed demand plans and managed supply network planning for iPod and Mac as well as 5 distinct fulfillment channels including authorized service providers, Do-It-Yourself Web, Apple’s Retail Stores, non-stop on-site computing environments, and Educational 1:1 deployments. From January 2003 to January 2004 (1 year 1 month) Cupertino, CADirector Materials Management @ Directed North American Service Operations managing a team of 10 Senior Managers and 150 permanent employees. Primary responsibility focused on the implementation of lean supply chains that delivered improvements in customer satisfaction and a lower cost of goods sold to improve both Balance Sheet and Income Statement performance. Additional responsibilities included new product introduction, product planning, demand and return forecasting, and the management of inventory, suppliers, procurement, master data, standard costs, product lifecycles, bid-win activities, and field accounts. Managed an annual budget in excess of $300 million, inventory in excess of $650 million, and the fulfillment of over $1.5 billion in spare shipments globally. From January 2001 to January 2003 (2 years 1 month) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Manager Global Operations and Programs @ Led the strategic integration of former Compaq, Digital, and Tandem Service Operations into a singular, Best-in-Class Global Supply Organization. Delivered cost effective solutions to meet the contractual and warranty service needs of Compaq’s International Service Operations consistent with the performance expectations of Management and Shareholders. Organizational integration and process improvements were accomplished through the development and implementation of key programs focused on aligning and streamlining financial reporting, information systems, execution systems, policies, processes, procedures, and organizational structures. From July 1999 to January 2001 (1 year 7 months) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Manager Material Operations @ Led and motivated a team of 80 professionals and six managers responsible for both PCA and OEM operations. Responsible for a budget in excess of $180 million, inventory in excess of $230 million, and the fulfillment of over $800 million in annual shipments. Significant accomplishments included:
• Reduced obsolescence by more than 50% within six months saving more than $40 million
• Increased customer satisfaction by 6% and held inventory constant in a growth environment of 30%
• Delivered a 62% reduction in backorders within three months and sustained that level (8,000-3,000)
• Improved contracted customer satisfaction by more than 6% in 3 months and sustained those levels From January 1998 to July 1999 (1 year 7 months) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Manager OEM Commodity Group @ Managed and led a team of diverse professionals responsible for the management of all OEM suppliers and warehousing operations. Responsible for all purchasing and contracting activities including RFQ solicitation, contract management, and the procurement of over $300 million in goods and services annually. Warehousing operations were accountable for a perpetual inventory in excess of $160 million and the fulfillment of over $480 million in shipments annually. From March 1997 to December 1998 (1 year 10 months) Houston, Texas AreaManager Service Lifecycle Management @ Managed and led a team of diverse professionals: Engineers, Planners, and Financial Analysts. Coordinated extensively with Product Management, Design Engineering, and Marketing to design, develop, and deploy all warranty products and offerings for Compaq’s complete line of computing and storage products. Directed the pricing activity for all spare products and conducted marketing research and industry benchmarking to ensure competitive positioning. Orchestrated the quarterly publication of technical manuals for the servicing of all new product offerings. From June 1994 to March 1997 (2 years 10 months) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Materials Project Manager @ Managed the development and implementation of all material programs, plans, and strategies to market, manufacture and deliver military aircraft for both domestic and international customers.
Orchestrated the implementation, management, and performance of all programmatic and contractual material requirements for 5 major aircraft programs and numerous aircraft modification programs. Developed and implemented procurement plans designed to optimize inventory levels and support Just-In-Time (JIT) delivery of production requirements in a unionized MRP II manufacturing environment. From June 1988 to June 1994 (6 years 1 month) Fort Worth, TX
MBA, Management, 3.8 @ Texas Christian University - M.J. Neeley School of Business From 1991 to 1993 BBA, Marketing, 3.65 @ Texas Christian University - M.J. Neeley School of Business From 1984 to 1988 Steve Doil is skilled in: Materials Management, Supplier Management, Procurement, Logistics, Warehousing, Business Development, Business Strategy, Business Planning, Business Process..., P&L Management, Contract Negotiation, Program Management, Key Account Management, Forecasting, Planning Budgeting &..., Team Leadership, Presentation Development, Telecommunications, iPod, Production Planning, Reverse Logistics, Cross-functional Team..., Supply Chain Management, Outsourcing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Supply Management, Continuous Improvement, MRP, Inventory Management, Project Planning, Strategy, Customer Satisfaction, Operations Management, Vendor Management, Supply Chain..., Purchasing, Budgets, Strategic Planning, Logistics Management, Change Management, Negotiation, Contract Management, Strategic Sourcing, Product Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension