Highly motivated and results-oriented research scientist with 10+ years of experience in world class academic institutions. With my scientific thinking, analytical mind and proactive approach, I secured funds for research, published 10+ articles in prestigious journals and shared results with scientists, patients and journalists. I am passionate about extracting insightful information from data and transforming it into
Highly motivated and results-oriented research scientist with 10+ years of experience in world class academic institutions. With my scientific thinking, analytical mind and proactive approach, I secured funds for research, published 10+ articles in prestigious journals and shared results with scientists, patients and journalists. I am passionate about extracting insightful information from data and transforming it into a meaningful story.
R: Good knowledge of R. Able to implement a variety of statistical techniques including, clustering, linear/logistic regression, classification trees and random forest trees, probability distributions, power calculations, multiple comparisons and bootstrapping. Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and tidying and data visualisation with plot, lattice and ggplot2.
MATLAB: 4+ years extracting and analysing information from microscopy images. Analysis involved operation with matrices (images), including correlation, clustering, background/noise removal, and statistical testing.
PYTHON: Basic scripting and function creation skills.
STATISTICS: Expert in inferential statistics, including probability distributions, multiple comparisons using anova, adjusted p-values and non-parametric tests (e.g. Kruskal-Wallis), power calculations, sample size determination and bootstrapping.
MACHINE LEARNING: Knowledge of clustering techniques including k-means and hierarchical clustering. Able to implement linear and logistic regression, classification and regression trees, random forest trees and boosting (adaboost, mboost, etc) into predictive models.
Data Scientist @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) London, United KingdomData Scientist @ • Implemented logistic regression, random forest trees and clustering in an algorithm to predict whether an iPad will sell on eBay for a Kaggle competition.
• Built a logistic regression model to predict loan repayment based on default history of the previous 12 months, for a job interview at a Financial start-up.
• Classified Tweets aimed at Apple as positive, negative or neutral using a combination of text analytics and classification trees.
• Built analytics models using linear regression and regression trees to predict box office revenue based on characteristics of movies.
Visit my data science projects at:
https://rpubs.com/solegalli From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Research Scientist @ • Secured funds for research (£800,000+) by writing 2 research programmes.
• Led research studies that were published in the world’s 3rd most cited multidisciplinary scientific journal (Galli et al., Nat Commun, 2014).
• Determined the impact of drugs on neuronal connections using parametric (e.g. anova, t-test) and non-parametric (e.g., Kruskal-Wallis, Mann-Whitney U test) statistical tests.
• Using k-means clustering, identified 2 populations of neurons in a brain area that respond differently to treatment with a specific molecule.
• Presented data at universities (UK, Finland, Turkey and Argentina) and in international conferences in Europe and the US.
• Contributed to media dissemination of research findings (TheNewScientist, News Medical and Parkinson’s UK charity website). Links below. From October 2009 to October 2015 (6 years 1 month) Postdoctoral Research Scientist @ • Contributed to the development of a novel algorithm to determine and quantify colocalisation in fluorescence images (link below).
• Supervised 3 MSc students and mentored junior staff.
• Wrote 4 articles for publication in international scientific journals, one of them recommended in the Faculty of 1000, a renowned biomedical site dedicated to help scientist discover and discuss research. From July 2007 to October 2009 (2 years 4 months) Postdoctoral Research Scientist @ From February 2006 to June 2007 (1 year 5 months)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Cell/Cellular and Molecular Biology, Sobresaliente (highest distinction) @ Universidad de Buenos Aires From 2001 to 2005 Soledad Galli is skilled in: Data Analysis, Machine Learning, R, Matlab, Research, Science, Neuroscience, Fluorescence Microscopy, Data Visualization, Statistical Modeling, Statistical Data Analysis, Statistics, Life Sciences