A PRINCE2 Practitioner, ITIL V3 Intermediate Certified, IT Director with 9 years’ experience at a top US International Law Firm in a customer focused, high pressure, professional services environment, and at the UK’s leading residential property manager. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, supplemented with an extensive technical knowledge of IT service,
A PRINCE2 Practitioner, ITIL V3 Intermediate Certified, IT Director with 9 years’ experience at a top US International Law Firm in a customer focused, high pressure, professional services environment, and at the UK’s leading residential property manager. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, supplemented with an extensive technical knowledge of IT service, support, and infrastructure. Managed, coached and developed an international team in three different countries, to deliver and improve, through continual service improvement, exemplary services comprising software, hardware, and mobile device, LAN, WAN, server, storage, and data centre operations.
Infrastructure Manager @ From July 2015 to September 2015 (3 months) Luton, United KingdomManager, European IT @ Managed IT Service, Support and Operations for European offices, including managing team of eight staff across three locations. Delivered maximum availability of information technology and services for 3 European offices (Paris, Frankfurt and London). Managed a team focussed on the delivery and improvement of qualitative and exemplary service. Reporting to the IT Director, New York, and European Administrative Director, London, responsible for ensuring resolution of incidents in the European region, identifying root causes, and working with globally dispersed teams to implement changes to prevent re-occurrences of problems, and a key member of the disaster recovery and contingency planning teams for Information Services worldwide, and the European offices’ operations.
Accountable for the dissemination of policy and process between New York, the European offices and, as needed, to the Firm’s Australian and Asian offices.
• Aligned IT requirements with the Firm’s policies by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to drive business growth.
• IT project life cycle, developed business cases, created and executed project plans including resourcing, budgeting and financial approval, risk assessment, supplier management, RFT, procurement, change management, acceptance, and communications.
• Managed Operational Level Agreement (OLA) and targets through ITIL based monitoring of and reporting on key performance indicators and continuous service improvement, and coordinated Help Desk resources
• Built relationships with outsourced service providers to comply with agreed Service Levels
• Supported and enabled the business growth strategy
• Developed and managed implementation of policies and procedures
• Assist with budgetary planning
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 audit requirements, and EU Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive
• Member of leadership team responsible for the Firm’s Security Intrusion and Event Management (SIEM) From January 2006 to March 2015 (9 years 3 months) London, United KingdomSenior Systems Specialist, Europe @ Supervised 4 members of staff, responsible for installation, configuration, management, and second/third line support of the company’s data centre environments including HVAC and UPS, Novell NetWare and Windows server environments, LAN and WAN connectivity, and Windows desktop environment and applications in the Firm’s European offices.
• Project Managed data centre HVAC, UPS, LAN and WAN installations, and desktop IT equipment and network printing environment relocations, including asset management, for London and Paris office building relocations.
• Project Managed server environment migration from Novell NetWare to Windows Server. From January 2002 to December 2005 (4 years) London, United KingdomSystems Specialist, Europe @ Provided installation, configuration, management, and first, second and third line support for the data centre environments, including HVAC and UPS, Novell NetWare, LAN and WAN connectivity, and Windows desktop environment and applications in the Firm’s European offices.
• Collaborated in Frankfurt office relocation, including LAN and WAN infrastructure
• Collaborated in Firm-wide year 2000 planning and executed London office test plan.
Identified and resolved Netware environment system account security risk. From July 1999 to December 2001 (2 years 6 months) London, United KingdomSenior Infrastructure Analyst @ Supervised a team of 2 responsible for installation, configuration, management, and 2nd line support of the company’s Novell NetWare 5, IntranetWare v4.11, NetWare v3.1x, and Windows NT server environments, LAN’s, WAN’s, and e-mail system (GroupWise 5.5).
• Project managed all installations and configurations cleared through change control before implementation. From 1996 to June 1999 (3 years) Milton Keynes, United KingdomPC Support Analyst @ Financial Services organisation where my responsibilities encompassed installation, support and administration of 2 Ethernet Networks comprising approximately 200 Microsoft windows workstations and incorporating 2 NetWare v4.10, 2 NetWare v3.11 and 1 NetWare 2.2 File Servers. From November 1994 to March 1996 (1 year 5 months) Systems Executive @ Responsible for installation, support, and administration of an ethernet NetWare network, and approximately 150 users, in a publishing environment. From April 1994 to November 1994 (8 months) London, United KingdomIT Assistant @ Installation, support, and administration of a token ring NetWare network, and approximately 200 Microsoft Windows users running WordPerfect and GroupWise in a Law firm specialising in IT. From April 1993 to April 1994 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomSenior Field Service Engineer @ Hardware maintenance for PC’s, servers, and all associated peripherals. I was also responsible for progressing fault resolution for major accounts in the central London area. From October 1991 to March 1993 (1 year 6 months) Field Service Engineer @ Hardware maintenance for PC’s, servers, and all associated peripherals. I was also responsible for progressing fault resolution for major accounts in the Oxford area. From September 1990 to March 1993 (2 years 7 months) Trainee Computer Engineer @ Learning the basic operation of computer hardware and software. From July 1989 to April 1990 (10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension