Digital Marketing Operations @ Mammoth Media (formerly Science Mobile)
Marketing and Consulting Intern @ Nexora Solutions
Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies, Film/Cinema/Video Studies @
University of Pittsburgh Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences
Following graduation from the University of Pittsburgh with Honors and a B.A. in Film Studies and a B.S. in Marketing, I accepted a role as a marketing specialist for the University's Honors College, which faces many challenges in student engagement due to its unique makeup. I maintain a strong work ethic paired with a determination to continue
Following graduation from the University of Pittsburgh with Honors and a B.A. in Film Studies and a B.S. in Marketing, I accepted a role as a marketing specialist for the University's Honors College, which faces many challenges in student engagement due to its unique makeup. I maintain a strong work ethic paired with a determination to continue refining my skills in the areas of marketing, business administration, photography, and video production. Below are a few samples of my photojournalism ventures as a photographer and visual editor for The Pitt News. Full portfolio available upon request.
Marketing Specialist, University Honors College @ • Develop a comprehensive marketing scheme for the UHC. Analyze and address previous marketing tactics and determine their value. Establish new methods of reaching the undergraduate student population. Perform internal strategic analysis of operations, and external strategic analysis of UHC competitors. Integrate this planning into marketing objectives.
• Design, create, and deliver uniform marketing materials to support and advertise UHC programming and features using Adobe Create Suite software.
• Coordinate with UHC program managers to ensure accurate and effective communication with students.
• Revamp and manage social media tools to reach new audiences and boost brand image.
• Attend events and provide ancillary support for needs of the Honors College as necessary. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Greater Pittsburgh AreaResearch Analyst @ • Design and implement pre-campaign and post-campaign surveys, assessing the greatest potential areas for improvement and levels of communication effectiveness by United Way's Allegheny division.
• Conduct focus groups in order to understand attitudes and desires of target donors, as well as motivations for giving and attitudes towards United Way.
• Closely coordinate with other agencies within our agency (advertising, campaign, PR) in order to create and effectively distribute communications and other marketing materials that will result in the greatest increase in donor participation rates.
• Produced detailed reports outlining findings and present these findings to corporate contacts in a professional setting. From August 2014 to December 2014 (5 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaVisual Editor @ • Manage a team of 15-20 photographers, including identifying and distributing assignments to team members, working with and organizing professional photography equipment, and submitting expense reports.
• Establish and implement expected standards of quality, creativity, enthusiasm, and workplace professionalism for our team of photographers.
• Train all new employees, as well as interview potential candidates whose addition would positively benefit our staff.
• Coordinate with other sections of the publication (including the business management team) on a daily basis in order to produce a consistently high-quality product for our readers, on a daily basis with strict deadlines.
• Edit photographs using Adobe Bridge and Photoshop and write detailed cutlines for photographs to be printed. From May 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 6 months) Programming Intern @ • Research relevant films and contact distributors, producers, and directors about acquisitions for our festival
• Manage multiple online spreadsheets for shared use between programming committee
• Review films and submit feedback to other members of programming committee as an integral part of the selection process for our festival
• Manage offline files of film screeners and DVDs that must be strictly kept track of
• Write short entries, summaries, and descriptions for the written guide that accompanies the annual film festival
• Event planning and public speaking at events with other non-profit community partners From September 2013 to May 2014 (9 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaMarketing and Consulting Intern @ • Responsible for development, management, and content creation for social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as the creation of a company blog and other techniques to increase SEO relevance.
• Designed multiple business models focused on finances and introduction of products (for use on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets) into appropriately identified markets.
• Identified and contacted potential clients in the United Kingdom about the possibility of working with Nexora.
• Conducted extensive research and presented recommendations on the expected success of the introduction of new products into specifically studied market segments. Similar presentations were made with regard to Nexora products after extensive research on relevant trademark and patent laws.
• Worked in an international setting with a large majority of clients speaking a different native language from myself. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Senior Staff Photographer @ Before being promoted to an editor position, I served on staff as a photographer:
• Responsible for photographing and recording information on various events such as sports, fundraisers, and speeches for a publication that does over $1 million in annual business.
• Trained new employees on how to operate complex cameras and appropriately speak with bystanders in order to gather information during newsworthy events.
• Submitted work on strict non-negotiable deadlines, while also being able to prioritize actions and coordinate work efforts as part of 15-20 person team. From January 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 4 months) Server @ • Personally oversaw and managed up to $1,500 of company revenue per night.
• Trained numerous employees on proper techniques and procedures to improve peer performance.
• Given increased responsibilities, such as managing golf course clubhouse, after demonstrating dedicated work ethic and strong communication skills with customers. From May 2009 to August 2012 (3 years 4 months) Resident Assistant @ • Maintained a 37 person floor of freshmen students by demonstrating leadership and providing information about university functions.
• Designed monthly programs encouraging social interaction between residents while simultaneously educating them about university policies.
• Participated in extensive leadership and communication training sessions in order to further refine my skills in these areas.
• Met individually with each student to address issues and concerns about their first year at college. From March 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 3 months) Leader/Program Developer @ • Planned weekly programs to introduce first year students to the University of Pittsburgh in a fun and informative manner, while also appealing to their interests.
• My eventual position consisted primarily of leading weekly book club meetings for those students that were interested in this area, providing them with an educational and constructive event to attend each week and gain more comfort around their fellow classmates. From August 2011 to April 2012 (9 months)
Bachelor of Science in Marketing @ University of Pittsburgh College of Business Administration From 2013 to 2014 Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies, Film/Cinema/Video Studies @ University of Pittsburgh Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences From 2010 to 2014 B. Reed Henderson Senior High School From 2006 to 2010 Sheldon Satenstein is skilled in: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Research, Windows, Teaching, Editing, Photography, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Video Editing, Marketing, Digital Photography, Videography, Marketing Communications, Creative Writing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension