B.Comm, Marketing and Sales @
University of Saskatchewan
I am battle-tested brand ambassador with 20 years of experience and have worked with hundreds of businesses across NA and the UK. These experiences have allowed me procure expertise in Sales Process, Premium Customer Experience, and Building Brand Value. I always want to know the ‘why’ so that I can find a more efficient way to get
I am battle-tested brand ambassador with 20 years of experience and have worked with hundreds of businesses across NA and the UK. These experiences have allowed me procure expertise in Sales Process, Premium Customer Experience, and Building Brand Value. I always want to know the ‘why’ so that I can find a more efficient way to get the job done. I subscribed to the motto “work smarter, not harder” before it became a bumper sticker! These real world trials, sculpted through university education and profession training, have driven me to become the ‘Yoda’ of strategic planning.
Exposure to different business models, diverse cultures, new learning and guidance from mentors has permitted me to develop several key philosophies and guiding principles:
- Great ideas alone are not enough. My network of contacts, experience and dedication is what gets my ideas across the finish line.
- Numbers help tell the story and give evidence of where to go next.
- Brainstorming and collaboration leads to truly unique solutions.
- Use the MacGyver Principle – don’t worry about the tools you don’t have, use the ones you have to the best of your ability.
- Love where you work, otherwise it will feel like work!
- The truth is the easiest version to remember.
My favorite quotes come from my uncle who was an educator, youth advisor, and community leader. He'd say "if you work hard it will come easy” and “too much is just the right amount”. I thought of these words as I put the long hours into my Master’s program. The hard work was worth it as I was recognized as a lifetime member to Beta Gamma Sigma for placing in the top 10% of my graduating class.
Market Operations Manager @ Harley-Davidson Canada From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Regional Manager, Western Canada @ - Responsible for dealers from British Columbia to Ontario.
- Provide industry leading and ethical sales and process training to maximize profits and customer satisfaction. From May 2006 to August 2015 (9 years 4 months) Sales and Lease Consultant @ - Used a 9 step sales process to match customer needs with appropriate vehicle solutions.
- Achieved Bronze level of the Sales Guild in 2005. From August 2004 to May 2006 (1 year 10 months) Territory Manager @ - Key focuses were dealer development, sales growth and market share.
- Awarded inaugural Leader's Circle award for the highest sales and volume growth in Canada From April 1996 to May 2003 (7 years 2 months)
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership @ Quinnipiac University From 2013 to 2015 B.Comm, Marketing and Sales @ University of Saskatchewan From 1992 to 1996 Rosthern Junior College - RJC From 1990 to 1992 Shawn Mierau - MSOL is skilled in: Sales Management, New Business Development, Customer Relations, Team Building, Risk Management, Customer Service, Automotive, Leadership, Coaching, Performance Management, Account Management, Forecasting, Sales, Inventory Management, Training
Looking for a different
Shawn Mierau - MSOL?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension