An experienced Linux & IT Professional with an endorsed track record of providing specialist technical, help-desk and Remote Access support. With a technical scope ranging from the all-encompassing experience of working on the front line supporting clients and colleagues to backend Automation, Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineering Projects. An I.T Engineer with excellent client facing skills, natural
An experienced Linux & IT Professional with an endorsed track record of providing specialist technical, help-desk and Remote Access support. With a technical scope ranging from the all-encompassing experience of working on the front line supporting clients and colleagues to backend Automation, Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineering Projects. An I.T Engineer with excellent client facing skills, natural problem solving & analytical abilities, and the desire to learn more, acquire new skills and improve upon current ones.
- LINUX Server & Systems Implementation, Administration, Automation & Support
- VMware & Virtualisation
- Laptop/Desktop Support,
- Hardware/Software Diagnostics & Repair
- CISCO Router & Switch Configuration
- Small/Medium/Large Network Implementation & Troubleshooting
- Remote Access Support
- Mobile OS (Android, IOS, etc)
- VPN (PPTP, L2TP, Openvpn)
- Project Management
- HP Proliant Servers
- Preferred Scripting & Programming Languages --> (Python, Bash, Java)
- NoSQL (ELK)
- Docker! (Note: I absolutely Love Docker!!!!!) ^_^
Systems Engineer (LINUX) @ - Undertaking various Automation Projects on varying platforms
- Linux Server Deployment, Support and Administration (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc)
- Systems Optimisation & Maintenance
- Database Administration (MySQL,Postgres)
- Managing and Troubleshooting WebApp Servers and Services (Tomcat, Jboss, Apache)
- DevOps Projects & Engineering
- SaltStack Orchestration
- Structuring “BigData” in the form of application Logs via ELK From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomIT Engineer (2nd line Support) @ - VMware Virtualization & Virtual Infrastructure.
- Linux Servers (BASH Scripting, Apache, Bind, MYSQL, Samba, etc)
- Cloud Infrastructure Deployment
- ESXi Server Deployment
- Virtual Infrastructure - Replication, Backup & Recovery
- Network Support
- Remote Access Support
- Windows, Linux & MAC OS Client Support
- Active Directory, Exchange
- Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012)
- SonicWall Firewall
- Managing & Configuring Asterisks Based PBX Servers for VoIP
- Project Management
- VoIP (Asterisks based FreePBX via CENTOS) From September 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomIT Consultant @ Working as a Self-Employed IT Consultant, I provided consults for a wide range of IT related scenarios and facilitated implementation of same.
o Meeting with Clients to provide consults for IT Projects and recommend best solutions.
o In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows client operating systems. (XP, VISTA, 7, 8 & Office Suites up to 2013)
o Troubleshoot, Repair & Maintain a wide range of computer hardware and software programmes.
o In-depth knowledge and support for LINUX Server & Client operating systems.
o Liaising with 3rd Party specialists to acquire information or facilitate/arrange IT Projects.
o Generate reports as requested by Clients outlining IT Projects and consults.
o Configuring & Managing backup & restore procedures for small businesses. From April 2012 to October 2014 (2 years 7 months) London, United KingdomSenior KNOWHOW Specialist @ KNOWHOW is the name given to DIXONS’ Customer Services and Technical Support Solution. As a senior member of the team, I was relied on heavily to resolve both Customer & Technical issues alike. As well as take on Leadership responsibilities when necessary.
o As senior technician, supervise technical processes & repairs.
o Acting as the first point of contact for all IT & Technical queries.
o Responsible for diagnosing & resolving hardware, software & end users problems.
o Provide support for colleagues in the form of tutorials, demonstrations and passing on technical product knowledge when required.
o Liaise with 3rd Party Repair Centers to arrange/facilitate specialist or warranty based repairs and services. From April 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 6 months) London, United KingdomAssistant Computer Technician @ Duties:
o Providing 1st & 2nd line IT Support for several business clients.
o Network installation (wiring, as well as host and wireless configuration)
o Surveillance Systems Installation.
o Laptop hardware troubleshooting & repairs.
o Desktop maintenance, repairs & constructions.
o Software troubleshooting/OS installation and Configuration. (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, Windows 7 & Linux) From April 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 6 months)
Bachelor's Degree, Open Degree - Software Development @ The Open University From 2013 to 2016 Shaun Remekie is skilled in: VPN, Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMware, Networking, Linux, Linux Server, Active Directory, Servers, Help Desk Support, Hardware, Linux System Administration, OpenVPN, Hardware Installation, Customer-facing