I’m an analytical guy with social grace who works furiously to bring interesting ideas to life. I love to obsess over button shadows and code indents. Over the past year I've worked on a variety of different platforms, projects and languages. I can build just about anything you can think of with minimalistic design and make it
I’m an analytical guy with social grace who works furiously to bring interesting ideas to life. I love to obsess over button shadows and code indents. Over the past year I've worked on a variety of different platforms, projects and languages. I can build just about anything you can think of with minimalistic design and make it reasonably scalable. I've also picked up a few things about product launches and marketing from some amazing people.
I’m looking to work with a passionate and talented team preferably in an early stage company. If you are looking for a jack of all trades, let me know.
Lead Engineer @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of Mobile @ Assembled and worked with a team to create iOS and Android apps and custom keyboards for social media optimization.
- Developed the initial idea. Defined the scope, timeframe and engineering requirements. Created wireframes and designed initial UI/UX. Defined high level structure of the iOS and Android apps.
- Recruited iOS and Android development interns from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Over the course of three months I helped them to learn teamwork, use source control, write clean code, use external frameworks and ship usable features.
- Created initial skeleton apps for iOS and Android. Created, debugged and optimized several features in both iOS and Android.
- Beta tested in stages and collected user behaviour analytics. With the help of our CEO, I handled marketing, promotion and release to different outlets. From March 2015 to October 2015 (8 months) Software Engineer @ Worked on a number of projects in different roles in a young startup.
- Maintained and added new features to our Chrome, Safari and Firefox browser extensions. Features modified existing social media websites (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Buffer, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, SproutSocial) by injecting JS and CSS. Handled problems around Rest API calls, OAuth, CORS and browser specific CSS rendering and JS runtime issues. Created modules to reuse code across extensions to speed up development time.
- Created a cross platform mobile app using PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile to test the viability of a mobile app for RiteTag.
- Web development with the php full-stack on a dynamic website with over 200K pageviews.
- Developed UX, refined onboarding, gathered behaviour analytics, responded to complaints and provided customer support. From April 2014 to March 2015 (1 year) Software Development Intern @ Created an automated phone survey to collect customer satisfaction responses. Built from scratch using NodeJS using Twilio and hosted on Microsoft Azure Cloud. The Twilio module was built to handle any kind of response with minor modifications. Used Azure’s message queue to make it scalable to millions of responses. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Greater Chicago AreaSotware Development Intern @ Created an iPad app to aid in a psychological experiment. The app tested user’s reaction times to a visual stimulus on the screen. It reminded users to perform the trial several times a day over the course of a few weeks. It also periodically uploaded the results to the cloud using the Dropbox API. From January 2012 to September 2012 (9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension