Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
Results oriented professional with extensive management as well as hands on experience in design, development and implementation of high performing technology solutions for diverse business domains viz. Media, Retail, Consumer Marketing, Finance, Payroll, Insurance and Manufacturing. Ability to see bigger picture and share the vision with an eye for attention to detail. Innovative problem solver, proven track
Results oriented professional with extensive management as well as hands on experience in design, development and implementation of high performing technology solutions for diverse business domains viz. Media, Retail, Consumer Marketing, Finance, Payroll, Insurance and Manufacturing. Ability to see bigger picture and share the vision with an eye for attention to detail. Innovative problem solver, proven track of delivering mission critical projects on track and in budget. Passionate about my work and strive to perform above expectations at all times.
• Agile/Scrum development • Outsourcing/Partnerships
• Collaborative/Flexible • Data Analytic and Business Intelligence
• Planning and organization skills • Project and People Management
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE: SAS 9.3, Cognos 8, SSRS, TM1, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Reporter
BUSINESS TOOLS: Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project Management, Primavera, CVS, GIT, Tfs
Associate Director @ Architecture director, development, delivery of web applications and infrastructure management to support applications for consumer marketing, retail and finance departments at Time Inc., and clients like Meredith, National Geographic, New York Magazine and Wenner Media. Built applications with focus on digital initiatives and new revenue streams.
• Led web development of analytic tool to visualize revenue earned over life time of subscribed customers for Time Inc Brands like People, Sports Illustrated, Time etc from various campaigns and segments. Enabled Time executives to explore opportunities for growth and added revenue streams
• Delivered digital admin tool to manage the metadata for digital subscriptions sold by 3rd party vendors and integrate the metadata with ETL for accurate and efficient digital reporting.
• Architect, directed development of digital forecasting system that enabled planning brand managers to budget and project revenues from Digital initiatives and subscriptions sold on third party digital platforms like Apple, Google , Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
• Supported analytic needs for Retail business for Time Inc and clients like National Geographic, Wenner Media by providing business intelligence platform.
• Operational cost savings and reduced overhead by moving to Red Hat Linux VM from Sun Solaris Physical servers and migrating legacy applications to open source TOMEE servers from WebLogic11.
• Reviewed the estimates, prioritized and built project plans and roadmaps. Established the performance metric.
• Planned and budgeted for the software and hardware costs required to support the department applications and infrastructure. Maintained inventory of servers, software licenses, certificates.
• Coordinated on-site and off-shore development efforts to meet specifications of defined system requirements.
• Managed 2 onsite (highest level supervised as manager onsite) and 6 offshore developers. From 2010 to Present (5 years)
B.E., Computer Science with honors, A @ Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Sharanjeet Kaur is skilled in: SDLC, Digital Strategy, Content Management, Project Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Vendor Management, E-commerce, CRM, Management, Agile Methodologies, Product Management, Software Development, LDAP, Requirements Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension