Executive MBA, Strategy and Finance for Global Executives @
New York University
Progressive career combines well-rounded experience in the broad line direct and indirect strategic sourcing and tactical procurement categories, leading to my current role as the Group Manager of Procurement for Clover Industries Pty Ltd. Maintain my expertise within the Procurement and Supply Chain discipline across both the public and private sectors with an emphasis on Strategy development
Progressive career combines well-rounded experience in the broad line direct and indirect strategic sourcing and tactical procurement categories, leading to my current role as the Group Manager of Procurement for Clover Industries Pty Ltd. Maintain my expertise within the Procurement and Supply Chain discipline across both the public and private sectors with an emphasis on Strategy development and execution. MCIPS trained with a certifiable knowledge on cost containment, process re-engineering and building collaborative partnerships within the procurement and supply chain discipline. Record for delivering sustainable bottomline savings, improving working capital, and preserving supplier viability, whilst source materials in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
Group Head: Procurement and Imports @ From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Chief Procurement Manager @ Lead procurement for multiple areas of spend within designated portfolio with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, with year on year productivity improvement in the total cost of goods and services procured while maintaining product quality and vendor service levels. Develop and implement strategies to improve the efficiency of all purchasing transactions, from order to payment, while reducing total cost. Working together with Sourcing Managers in developing strategies to standardize and streamline the buying process for their respective categories. Introducing new technologies to reduce transaction cost. Oversees all procurement staff involved in transactions for the Transnet Corporate Centre. Facilitates resolution of conflicts with suppliers over delivery and payment issues.
Compile procurement plans and formulate strategy and tactics to ensure successful implementation;
Support continuous improvement by seeking out efficient business solutions to improve processes in support of overall business strategy and direction;
Identify potential bottlenecks in service delivery formulate plans to manage potential and actual crises;
Conduct training and awareness sessions in all applicable internal and external policies, regulations and laws that impact on supply management and monitor and report on breaches and submit and implement recovery plans.
Ensure optimal execution of processes for the Expediting, Contract Administration, Supplier Data Management and Management Reporting functional areas;
Build partnerships in the development of opportunities for business value or service enhancement;
Manage interactions with key suppliers and is responsible for resolving disputes surrounding operational issues such as ordering, delivery times, and invoice payment. From June 2011 to May 2013 (2 years) Senior Manager: Supply Chain Performance and Reporting (Transnet Freight Rail) @ Positively influence the supply chain optimisation to enable strategic and operational excellence, to ensure that Supply Chain Service’s supply chain management objectives are achieved and the total cost of ownership savings and service improvement targets are met and to facilitate ongoing compliance to a comprehensive set of controls and standards in the maintenance of Transnet Freight Rail’s SAP vendor and master data.
• Research and benchmark key supply chain metrics.
• Evaluating a potential provider's reputation, resources and expertise for any future relationships with Transnet Freight Rail.
• Conducting Supplier Summits nationally for Transnet Freight Rail Supply Chain Services’ top 50 suppliers from each region, which is used at a platform to openly discuss problems, complaints, queries.
• Oversee the re-engineering, design, integration and alignment of all the processes and workflows streams within Supply Chain Services..
• Oversee the ongoing development of the Supply Chain Services dashboard and monthly KPI reports for all streams.
• Identifying mechanisms/processes/reports to best highlight improvements and timeously and effectively addressing the gaps that are identified.
• Act as a focal point for communication with the Supplier including the resolution of any issues and have ownership and accountability for procurement rules and processes. This includes driving an improvement process designed to reduce the overall cost of doing business and develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally including monitoring and improving stakeholder satisfaction.
• Support the overall Quality Assurance objectives and those of TFR Supply Chain, to assure establishment and maintenance of robust supply to clients. This is achieved through cross functional working, within SCS/TFR, and through the development of strong relationships with suppliers. From December 2008 to May 2011 (2 years 6 months)
MCIPS, Supply Chain @ The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply From 2011 to 2013 St Catherines Convent From 1992 to 1997 Shantell (MCIPS) is skilled in: Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain, Contract Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Management, Process Improvement, Contract Negotiation, Materials Management, Spend Analysis, Logistics, Warehousing, SAP, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension