Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Finance @
Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management
Shane Goodwin is the Managing Partner of Argus Capital Partners, a merchant banking firm based in Dallas, Texas. Additionally, Dr. Goodwin is a Fellow at Harvard University conducting economic and financial policy research and is an adjunct Professor of Finance at The University of Texas at Dallas. Dr. Goodwin was most recently a Managing Director and the
Shane Goodwin is the Managing Partner of Argus Capital Partners, a merchant banking firm based in Dallas, Texas. Additionally, Dr. Goodwin is a Fellow at Harvard University conducting economic and financial policy research and is an adjunct Professor of Finance at The University of Texas at Dallas. Dr. Goodwin was most recently a Managing Director and the Head of Southwest Investment Banking at Wells Fargo Securities, with responsibility for providing both strategic and capital markets advisory services for both corporate and financial sponsor clients.
Dr. Goodwin has over 20 years of M&A, corporate finance and principal investing experience at Wall Street firms including:
• Goldman, Sachs & Co.
• Citigroup Corporate & Investment Banking
• Credit Suisse / DLJ
Dr. Goodwin has advised on over 100 M&A assignments totaling over $50 billion in transaction value, including sell-side and buy-side transactions, anti-raid, takeover and activism defenses, cross-border M&A, special committee and restructuring advisory assignments. Additionally, he has executed over 100 public and private debt and equity investments totaling over $40 billion and has extensive private equity and corporate restructuring experience.
Dr. Goodwin serves on the Associate Board of the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University. He is a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and the CFA Institute.
Dr. Goodwin is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard University conducting economic and financial policy research. He earned an PhD in Business Administration from Oklahoma State University, with a focus in finance and was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi. Dr. Goodwin holds an MBA, with a concentration in finance, from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and attended The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He graduated with a BSBA from the The University of Tulsa.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Economics @ Conduct economic and financial policy research From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Chairman of the Board and Managing Partner @ Founded Argus Capital Partners to make principal investments in various asset classes
• Created a proprietary trading index (Goodwin Chakraborty Activist Index™)
• Partnered with two investment firms to acquire a majority stake in a Texas-based soft drink company From 2009 to Present (6 years) Adjunct Professor of Finance (Visiting Research Scholar and Executive in Residence) @ Mr. Goodwin is a Visiting Research Scholar and an Executive in Residence at The University of Texas at Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management. He teaches graduate level courses in Mergers & Acquisitions and Valuation. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Managing Director, Head of Southwest Investment Banking @ Shane Goodwin was a Managing Director in the Investment Banking & Capital Markets Division at Wells Fargo Securities. Mr. Goodwin led the investment banking practice for the Middle Market Group in the Southwest U.S., with responsibility for providing strategic advisory and capital markets advisory services for corporate and financial sponsor clients. From 2010 to 2015 (5 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Investment Banker @ Senior investment banking executive that maintained strategic advisory dialogue and client relationship responsibilities for various consumer and retail corporate clients based in the Southwest US
• Trusted advisor to Board of Directors and CEOs with respect to M&A, takeover defense, shareholder activism, and other corporate finance matters
• Senior team leader for over 75 corporate clients and private equity firms based in the Southwest US
• Expanded Goldman Sachs’ investment banking coverage effort
• Generated several principal investment opportunities for GS Capital Partners From 2006 to 2009 (3 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector - Investment Banking (Global M&A Group) @ Founded Citigroup’s Southwest Investment Banking practice and dedicated M&A partner for Southwest Investment Banking practice.
• Maintained strategic advisory dialogue and client relationship responsibilities for select Consumer/Retail clients
• Executed M&A, equity and fixed income alternatives for corporate clients
Vice President, Global Mergers & Acquisitions Group (New York, NY)
Advised clients on a variety of strategic transactions while managing teams of junior bankers
• Executed strategic advisory transactions in multiple industries and geographies
• Negotiated merger documents for both public and private company transactions
• Instructed advanced valuation course for Associate training program
• Promoted early to Vice President From 2000 to 2006 (6 years) Greater New York City AreaAssociate - Investment Banking @ Executed strategic and capital raising alternatives for clients across a wide range of industries and geographies
• Executed principal investment for DLJ Merchant Banking
• Performed extensive valuation, modeling and financial statement analyses
• Negotiated merger agreements, bond indentures, engagement letters and confidentiality agreements From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Assistant Vice President @ Managed client relationships for middle-market companies in Western Canada and Midwestern U.S.
• Completed financial management and Six Sigma training
• Initiated debt and equity investment venture in Western Canada
• Led financial and operational due diligence teams and supervised junior staff
• Twice awarded GE Capital’s Prism Award for outstanding performance and promoted twice in one year From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Greater Chicago Area
Postdoctoral Fellow, Economics and Finance @ Harvard UniversityMaster of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Finance @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of ManagementGraduate Studies, Economics @ The University of Chicago Booth School of BusinessDoctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Business Administration, Finance @ Oklahoma State UniversityBachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business @ The University of Tulsa - Collins College of Business Shane Goodwin, PhD is skilled in: Capital Markets, Private Equity, Mergers, Corporate Governance, Business Development, Strategy, Investment Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Acquisitions, Financial Analysis, Fixed Income, Investments, Leadership
Looking for a different
Shane Goodwin, PhD?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension