VP: Digital Marketing, UOB Group Retail Marketing @ UOB
Brand Communication Manager @ Mandate Advertising International
Sales Executive @ Nike Singapore
An out-of-the-box and dynamic marketing talent in touch with the latest trends; experienced in brand management of industry leading brands and business development in the FMCG industry. A responsible and driven individual with an eye for details; highly analytical and regards turn-around situations as opportunities. Fluent in both English and Mandarin, with excellent interpersonal skills aiding his
An out-of-the-box and dynamic marketing talent in touch with the latest trends; experienced in brand management of industry leading brands and business development in the FMCG industry. A responsible and driven individual with an eye for details; highly analytical and regards turn-around situations as opportunities. Fluent in both English and Mandarin, with excellent interpersonal skills aiding his strength in building relationships and leverages in negotiations with a track record in business development that has made competitors nervous. An integral team player and an impact presenter and confident public speaker; he has played pivotal roles from complex MNC matrix organization to smaller SME business environments.
As an avid sportsman, the other big part of his life revolves around grass-roots sports competitions and social work. The competitive fire in sports is often mirrored in the development of future leaders. As a pro-bona trainer and event organizer, he has earned the respect as a leader and mentor amongst his peers as he continues to contribute actively to his community and ASEAN leadership programmes.
Specialties: • Brand management, business development, account management, negotiations, market research, price management, marketing communication and channel distribution.
•Knowledge of local sports management industry. Relationships with key sporting networks and brands.
Grass-roots leadership and event management, managing volunteers, sponsorship grants, arrangement of hospitality.
• A volunteer with leadership affiliations across ASEAN.
• Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
VP: Digital Marketing, UOB Group Retail Marketing @ Brand & Marketing channel management
• Key team member to drive consumer digital experience in Singapore and within the region
• Responsible for development and day-to-day management of in-house digital media, namely outdoor digital signage, interactive digital touch points and targeted marketing platforms such as SMS and ATM advertorials
• Developed and implemented ROI metric benchmarks for various Personal Financial Service marketing campaigns utilizing digital marketing assets
Integrated Marketing Strategy
• Promoted to take charge of approval in usage of selected digital media channels for consumer promotions across various products offerings and segments
• A member of various project teams tasked to enhance customer in-branch experience, develop new communication platforms and explore new media marketing development
New digital media Pioneer
• Lead team member to develop and launch Singapore’s first integrated Mobile Banking smartphone application encompassing both banking and lifestyle usage in a single application
• Led team for the implementation of automated in-house interactive branch application to increase productivity and shortened-lead time of credit card and loan issuance From February 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 5 months) Brand Communication Manager @ • Key account manager managing a diverse portfolio including Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore Airshow, Frasers Malls From August 2009 to November 2009 (4 months) Sales Executive @ Marketing Management
• Achieved 100% awareness from target segments. Chartered and implemented sales and marketing plan for Team & Corporate sales.
• Designed local corporate sales promotion, product selection, brand positioning, distribution channels and team sales sponsorship framework
• Forged new and maintained extensive strategic marketing and business relationships within key stakeholders.
• Pioneered and led the development of new sales unit; Team & Corporate business.
• Formulated sustainable sponsorship and product pricing tier framework.
• In 6 months, led cross-functional team to wrestle market share from immediate competitors.
• Within 12 months, secured new key customers/partners in various industries including governmental, military, education and wholesale distributor sectors.
• Achieved seasonal wholesales targets across various business units despite placid economy outlook.
• Responsive in day-to day account management of multi-million wholesales business partners.
• First point of contact for new multi-brand business partners. Analyzed the business sustainability and recommended business tier structures for new partners. From January 2008 to May 2009 (1 year 5 months) Executive, Special Projects & Events @ (Contract Job)
• Implementation of various viral network-marketing schemes to promote non-profit organization’s cause regionally.
• Implemented and oversaw production of creatives, above and below the line collaterals, direct marketing materials, event advertisement and media kits.
• All events organized received both traditional and non-traditional media mileage including television and radio broadcast.
Project Management / Event Management
• Managed from formulation to post-evaluation of 2 new leadership events; ASEAN-level youth event, first ever parents leadership event. Key responsibilities include sponsorship management, ticket pricing policy and marketing management.
• Part of a team of volunteers in organizing local and ongoing regional leadership projects, which received over 75% positive recommendations.
• Account management and worked extensively with members for joint CSR initiatives with Exxon Mobil, local governmental ministries (MCYS, MFA), regional partners and media centres; MediaCorp Studios and Singapore Press Holdings.
• Selected as the only the only non-governmental Singapore representative for ASEAN Leaders Development Programme. (An official ASEAN Secretariat project)
• Active volunteer with Halogen Foundation in events organization core team and pro-bona trainer. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Marketing Manager @ Sales & Marketing Management
• In-charge of overall sales and marketing direction, including sales projection, marketing collaterals, website development, expanding market potential and increasing leads in the FMCG environment.
• Sold out newly launched organic product during the soft launch at local food exhibition, and export sales began within 2 months of local distribution.
• Established new distribution channels in being the first to introduce organic snacks into Ritz-Carlton Millennia hotel, various cafes in CBD district, pharmacies (NTUC Healthcare), departmental stores (OG) and petrol kiosk (Exxon Mobil).
• Brands received widespread media coverage in all major print publications. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Account Management Executive Trainee (Internship) @ • Received an extended internship with agency as part of winning school advertising competition.
• Projects and account management includes the re-launching of the New Majestic in Chinatown, Level 2 @ Cathay Cineleisure and many more.
• Online copy writing for SG Assets, below the line collateral for Pan Pacific Hotel, Volvo Group AP. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year)
BSc @ The University of Manchester From 2007 to 2009 Marketing @ Temasek Polytechnic From 2000 to 2003 Shane Chong is skilled in: Digital Marketing, Brand Management, Integrated Marketing, Strategy, Marketing Management, Marketing Communications, Competitive Analysis, Business Development, Market Research, Marketing, Direct Marketing, Advertising, Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension