Software Developer @ Ruby on Rails development of Avvo.com.
Used Ruby, Rails, Redis, RubyMine, MySQL, SASS, Slim, Git, Resque, Capybara, Poltergeist, JIRA, Solr, and SOA. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Partner @ Starting in an undergraduate Game Programming class, I have worked with a very talented partner and produced several games now available on Xbox
Software Developer @ Ruby on Rails development of Avvo.com.
Used Ruby, Rails, Redis, RubyMine, MySQL, SASS, Slim, Git, Resque, Capybara, Poltergeist, JIRA, Solr, and SOA. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Partner @ Starting in an undergraduate Game Programming class, I have worked with a very talented partner and produced several games now available on Xbox 360 Indie Games.
Much of the work can be seen at: http://livingcreaturestudios.com/ From December 2009 to Present (6 years 1 month) Software Developer @ • Built applications inside our product’s framework for healthcare companies to improve serious problems like hospital acquired conditions and chronic disease management, as part of an industry-wide shift towards population health management from episodic care.
• Campaigned for improved data correctness testing across our critical system, identifying a path to accomplish this, pitching the plan to executives and recruiting supporters, building a prototype system, and incorporating the work with customers.
• Drove the deployment and customization of the Quality Improvement application for introductory customers from requirements through implementation, testing, and final tweaking, enabling hospitals to increase their compliance on hundreds of quality measures, improving their healthcare and ensuring they get paid for the work they’ve done.
• Prepared product demonstrations for key customer and industry events. These often integrated with many other systems, used beta versions of our software, and were extremely risky, but were successful every time.
• Focused on issues of scalability of backend systems and services, performance of ETL processes and MDX or SQL queries, data integrity and correctness, configurability of the backend system, reusability of backend components particularly with regards to ETL queries, and serviceability of the deployed system with health monitoring and reporting.
• Used Windows Server 2012, C#, SQL, PowerShell, jQuery, SOA, RESTful and WCF services, SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, SSMS), ADO.NET, SharePoint, jQueryUI, OData, OLE DB. From May 2013 to April 2015 (2 years) Software Developer @ • Completely reinvented the Magic Online client as part of the “beta client” team.
• Mentored all new members of the team, providing direction on work items and processes.
• Observed that several processes had serious deficiencies, including code reviews and gathering stability metrics. Suggested new processes which the team accepted and implemented to tremendous benefit.
• Championed the project of integrating social media platforms Facebook and Twitter into the Magic Online product from inception through prototyping and requirements.
• Created the necessary server parsing and functionality in the Game Server to support bringing new sets of Magic cards into the digital system, ensuring they work correctly in all possible complex interactions amongst the other 13,000+ cards.
• Used C#, WPF, C++, and Perl, as well as the Facebook and Twitter APIs for desktop applications. From November 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 7 months) Software Development Engineer @ • Supported the Games Test Organization Torque team by developing tools for the automated testing of Halo Waypoint.
• Modified cloned versions of Halo Reach and Halo 4 to support the team as well as other manual testing tasks, especially focusing on the data pipeline.
• Assisted in evaluating test cases, filing bugs, and collecting data during critical periods of development.
• Contributed in the development of Halo 4, Halo Reach, Halo Anniversary, and Halo Waypoint for web, Windows Phone 7, Android, and iOS.
• Used C#, C++, WPF, and the Xbox 360 SDK. From July 2011 to November 2011 (5 months) Software Developer @ An an intern, I worked on championing the project of integrating social media platforms Facebook and Twitter into the Magic Online product from inception through prototyping and requirements. From June 2011 to July 2011 (2 months) Research Assistant @ • Created an interactive, intelligent, engaging, robust, and fun program to rehabilitate stroke and amputee patients using the Nintendo Wii’s Balance Board and Wiimotes, greatly reducing the pain and suffering patients typically experience with physical therapy.
• Provided additional information about patient’s abilities to therapists through this system that was previously unavailable.
• Created a new way to objectively measure patient progress each day and adjust their program accordingly. Previously, objective testing and daily testing were essentially impossible.
• Added audio control to an existing Wiimote driver (WiimoteLib), allowing auditory response to the rehabilitation program for hearing-impaired patients. This will be included in update version 1.9.
• Explored research areas of computer science including computer vision, natural language processing, and human-computer interaction.
• Project was built from the ground up using WPF and C#. From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months) Software Engineer @ • Designed, created, and implemented a software system that automatically updated laser etching programs based on part measurements from a separate machine. This software’s use immediately yielded a large return on investment for the company.
• Created several hundred reliable, repeatable programs for a vision system-based part measurement machine, eliminating the need for constant run-time program adjustment or manual (error-prone) labor to perform this task.
• Provided consulting services to improve overall productivity and further implement lean manufacturing. From May 2008 to July 2008 (3 months) Manufacturing Engineer @ • Performed tasks aimed at making the job of others easier: Created advanced Excel programs for quoting to speed up this tedious task and eliminated many errors; Created Crystal Reports for daily use in both the purchasing and production departments to allow for a lean manufacturing environment; Ensured OSHA compliance in the factory to ensure safety of all workers; Created work instructions for all positions and duties to reduce employee loss expenses, and managed/facilitated cross training of all employees to increase overall productivity.
• Led a team in charge of preparing for the launch of a new product; Got all necessary machinery; Created space in the factory for this new process; Planned the placement of and personally physically placed all new machinery and work areas; Experimented with the new product and developed the process to create this product with high quality and minimal waste.
• All tasks increased productivity, streamlined operations, solved problems, and/or worked towards continuous improvement of the entire organization. From June 2006 to December 2006 (7 months)
Master's degree, Software Engineering, 3.81 @ Seattle University From 2013 to 2014 BA, Computer Science, Vocational Ministry, 3.81 @ Harding University From 2007 to 2011 BBA, Computer Information Systems, 3.81 @ Harding University From 2007 to 2011 Seth Ringling is skilled in: C#, SQL, C++, Visual Studio, WPF, Agile Methodologies, Software Engineering, Testing, Distributed Systems, Scrum, Game Programming, Perl, Java, Test Automation, XML
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension