Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi / Middle East Technical University
I have over 15 years of experience in executive and mid-level management, software architecture, system and network design, and team leadership. I took several products from their idea stage on a whiteboard to living and breathing state, and then built a team and maintain/support these products. In addition, I have prepared and made presentations to investors. I
I have over 15 years of experience in executive and mid-level management, software architecture, system and network design, and team leadership. I took several products from their idea stage on a whiteboard to living and breathing state, and then built a team and maintain/support these products. In addition, I have prepared and made presentations to investors. I am an avid follower of Lean Startup movement.
I am very customer and results oriented in my management style, and I have led teams in software development as well as IT operations. My focus is high volume cloud applications and mobile / embedded systems. I have utilized various software methodologies including Waterfall as well as agile methodologies such as Scrum. My bachelors, masters and post-masters education focuses on software as well as hardware engineering.
* End-to-end high volume web application design
* Low power high performance mobile embedded systems design
* Security: prevention, detection and management of response
Software Engineering Manager @ If you want to be part of a company with the impact, the scale, and the ability to move fast please look at our careers page at: https://www.facebook.com/careers/ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineering Manager @ I was in Core Storage team at Twitter. My teams developed Twitter's online SQL as well as NoSQL technologies, such as Manhattan:
https://blog.twitter.com/2014/manhattan-our-real-time-multi-tenant-distributed-database-for-twitter-scale From January 2013 to October 2015 (2 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaChief Architect @ * Lead design and development of multiple technology platforms including device-to-device and device-to-cloud connectivity, and sensor framework. The cloud component is extremely low-cost and highly scalable to billions of connected devices.
* Presented and sold our technologies to several different product groups within Nokia, which included presentations, technical demonstrations, actual delivery of core components, etc.
* Worked directly and indirectly with vendors and partners, including Microsoft, Qualcomm, Broadcom, etc. in product and feature negotiations and delivery timelines.
* My team included software engineers, hardware engineers, and researchers within in the CTO office as well as dedicated engineers from other product groups helping with integrating our technology with their products. From December 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 2 months) Technical Leader - Engineering @ As one of the technical leads of Cisco’s (Security Technologies Business Unit) STBU, I created the framework to power the next generation Cisco security appliances’ on-device management as well as central management to manage thousands of firewall devices. From March 2010 to December 2010 (10 months) Senior Software Architect @ As one of the technical leads for their new instant-on, always-on and always-connected platform: Hyperspace (a linux based operating system), I have helped executive management with product design and requirements, resource planning and technical lead for 6 Senior Engineers in US and several more engineers in India. During my tenure we have performed 4 major releases and several minor releases for channels: Samsung, Asus, FIC and Intel. I was either directly responsible for or co-owned the following aspects:
* Platform: User Experience, Fast Boot (Instant On) and Power optimizations
* Platform SDK and Developer Ecosystem
* Licensing & Data Collection, Software Updates From January 2009 to March 2010 (1 year 3 months) Founder, CTO @ Lead architecture, analysis, and management of various Professional Services engagements provided to many popular Web 2.0 companies with very large user traffic. My experience includes Top-100 sites by network traffic such as Typepad.com, Videoegg.com and LiveJournal.Com, as well as helping SixApart thwart one of the largest DDOS attacks in the world at the time. Also held CISA and CISSP certifications during this time. From February 2006 to January 2009 (3 years) Senior Consultant @ Architecture, implementation, analysis, and management of various Professional Services engagements provided to Fortune 500 companies as well as other smaller companies in biotechnology, manufacturing, and e-commerce. From April 2004 to January 2006 (1 year 10 months) Sr. Engineer / Architect @ Architecture and implementation of various components of wellsfargo.com web-site including: front-end services, middle-tier and back-end services. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Senior Consultant @ Architecture and implementation of various Professional Services engagements provided to Fortune 500 companies as well as other smaller companies in biotechnology, education, software, manufacturing, and e-commerce. From 2000 to 2003 (3 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension