I have spent 10+ years creating compelling healthcare digital experiences -- including both planning and managing digital products, and engaging millions of customers via digital marketing. I have had success in launch, user acquisition and retention, and ongoing management of multiple successful consumer and B2B digital health products, including mobile apps and web experiences. I have also
I have spent 10+ years creating compelling healthcare digital experiences -- including both planning and managing digital products, and engaging millions of customers via digital marketing. I have had success in launch, user acquisition and retention, and ongoing management of multiple successful consumer and B2B digital health products, including mobile apps and web experiences. I have also led digital marketing for multiple $100MM+ products including web, mobile, and social for consumers and professionals. I consistently identify deep user and market insights to create useful products that meet user acquisition targets and business goals. I partner closely with software engineers and design/creative partners, supported by hands-on technical and UX experience. I build bridges between technical teams, design teams, business partners, and senior management.
Key Experience and Specialties:
- New product planning and development, including revenue model identification
- Ongoing management and optimization of in-market products
- Digital marketing and user acquisition, including SEM, SEO, website development, mobile, social, CRM, and targeted digital media
- User experience planning
- Introduction of agile project management, iterative development, and rapid Minimum Viable Product launches into product management approach
- Product and marketing campaign analytics including web analytics, digital media KPIs, conversion and goal tracking, and A/B testing
- Experience in complex segments including health care and financial services
- Leadership in emerging spaces including digital health products and mobile medical apps
Director & Commercial Leader, Connected Care @ Commercial leader for new connected care unit at Medtronic Diabetes. Responsible for leading the company's entry into digital, connected, and data-driven healthcare. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Product Director, Digital (Company-Wide) @ Part of internal start-up group focused on new digital products and digital brand experiences. Responsible for digital strategy / operations, product management, and marketing across J&J's largest operating company. Led digital strategy/operations, product development and ongoing management for multiple mobile and web-based applications targeted at consumer and B2B audiences. Created organization-wide digital product and marketing vision. Directed, coached, and mentored multiple product managers / marketers.
- Introduced agile project management, iterative development, and minimum viable product (MVP) framework to J&J’s product management approach
- Integrated product management approaches into digital marketing activities, resulting in faster and more consistent iteration of digital properties.
- Managed product to launch and led user acquisition for first mobile health app from J&J's Healthcare Innovation group. Product positively reviewed by users and ranked #1 health/fitness app in Apple App Store at multiple times in 2013
- Led concepting and development for groundbreaking mobile app for physicians providing multiple disease management tools. Used MVP approach to achieve fastest mobile app launch at J&J (3 months from concept to launch). Continued iteration based on user feedback led to recognition as J&J best practice.
- Successfully launched and optimized additional products including micro-social support group and goal-tracking web app, health record aggregation and visualization mobile app, and clinical data explorer website.
- Led digital marketing and user acquisition via web, social, mobile, display, RTB / programmatic, paid search, and SEO. Defined marketing technology stack including web analytics, content management, marketing automation, DMP, DSP, and CRM. From 2011 to 2015 (4 years) Product Director, Digital (Group Lead) @ Digital product management and marketing for J&J division focusing on broad consumer health categories (such as heart health and diabetes). Turned around previously unsuccessful product roadmap and development approach, and created new digital health engagement platform which has since been scaled across multiple J&J businesses. Conducted deep analysis of web performance metrics and additional digital KPIs to identify continued optimization opportunities. Created digital marketing strategy, led brand website build and media development, and exceeded user acquisition targets through optimization of paid search, display media, and CRM. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Manager/Associate Director, Global Strategic Marketing & New Product Development @ Managed new product development and marketing strategy for new, high profile J&J diabetes business line. Defined customer personas, leveraged unique quantitative methods to uncover user needs, and identified use cases and product roadmap. Partnered with technical team to create and execute complex development plan. Validated product with customers and coordinated closely with regional marketing teams to ensure customer acceptance and market uptake. Developed business case, managed P&L, and coordinated with senior management. Work led to successful launch, exceeding first-year usage and sales forecasts by 20%. From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Consultant, Digital Business Strategy @ Created and implemented eBusiness, eCommerce and customer engagement strategies for health, financial services, and public sector clients. Engagements included digital strategy development, digital product development strategy, business case development, eBusiness/eCommerce performance analysis and optimization, Web experience planning, and digital product and program management. Managed multiple teams of consultants across engagements. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Marketing and Strategic Management @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School From 2005 to 2007 BA, Economics @ Duke University From 1997 to 2001
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension