Middle School Youth Coordinator @ Wildwood Presbyterian Church
Global Leadership Development Manager @ P&H Mining Equipment
B.A., English @
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
A seasoned, team-oriented manager with a highly successful track record in training, customer-focused operations and financial management. Background includes an MBA education, matched with progressive experience in cross-functional business development and management. Consistently recognized for exceptional ability to quickly understand new technologies, develop strategies, and execute business plans to successful implementation. Effectively motivates others toward the achievement
A seasoned, team-oriented manager with a highly successful track record in training, customer-focused operations and financial management. Background includes an MBA education, matched with progressive experience in cross-functional business development and management. Consistently recognized for exceptional ability to quickly understand new technologies, develop strategies, and execute business plans to successful implementation. Effectively motivates others toward the achievement of individual and organizational goals.
• Managing the Learning Function
• Learning Solutions - Design, Development and Delivery
• Learning Management System Deployment and Operation
• Knowledge Transfer Strategies
• Strategic Workforce Planning
• Business Forecasting & Metrics
• Talent Management
• Succession Planning
Director, Learning & Development @ From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Middle School Youth Coordinator @ From August 2009 to July 2012 (3 years) Global Leadership Development Manager @ From December 2010 to October 2011 (11 months) Learning Specialist, One HSBC Solution Centre Head @ From April 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 9 months) AVP, eLearning Development @ Define and execute eLearning Development strategy for North America business units; prioritize regional projects, while identifying opportunities to participate in global learning efforts; manage a staff of 7 eLearning developers, focused on the development of interactive, engaging, and relevant learning solutions. From October 2008 to April 2009 (7 months) Regional Learning & Development Manager @ From April 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 7 months) Marketing Operations Manager @ Managed initiatives aimed at measuring and improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency within the two-way radio business unit.
• Identified and secured $6.7M in negotiated savings with marketing suppliers from 2005-2006, resulting in reinvestment of savings dollars and optimization of third-party supplier spending.
• Managed global marketing team budgets of $1.3M in payroll and expenses. Implemented accrual accounting, optimizing resource utilization and budget control. From March 2006 to October 2006 (8 months) Global eLearning Manager @ Provided strategic oversight and tactical administration of the online Learning Management System utilized globally by Motorola’s two-way radio business unit.
• Launched Motorola Learning Management System globally to address training deployment and reporting needs of two-way radio business customers and channel partners.
• Consulted on curriculum design and content development on a worldwide basis, addressing needs in North America, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia-Pacific regions.
• Expanded online training course registrations from 300 in 2003 to 5,000 in 2005 by implementing channel partner and employee certification tracking that enabled the sales organization to require and track training for sales and service associates.
• Maintained the Learning Management System as a self-funded service by crafting a funding model that allocated costs to business teams using activity-based costing. From August 2004 to March 2006 (1 year 8 months) Business Operations Manager, Technical Training @ Directed a team of 9, and leveraged a budget of $4.9M, to propose and execute on training plans for customers, channel partners, and employees of Motorola’s two-way radio business.
• Recognized with the organization’s top award for international operations and project management for enabling proactive resource allocation and simplifying the business’ funding model by designing and implementing a worldwide forecasting process and database.
• Increased efficiency of course scheduling by 50% by developing customized reporting that summarized course enrollment trends over time.
• Drove an increased level of service to customers and instructors by restructuring the operations organization around a more streamlined approach to training implementation. From March 2000 to August 2004 (4 years 6 months) Training & Development Manager @ Managed a staff of 3 instructors and training developers to provide training and development to sales, customer service, and administrative staff supporting Iridium satellite phone service.
• Created and maintained training curricula for sales and customer service staff, incorporating product and system technical overviews, organizational processes, and soft skills.
• Prepared a staff of 350 sales associates and manufacturers’ representatives to sell satellite communication solutions by developing and delivering a 5-day training curriculum.
• Provided online help tools for the customer service organization to increase accuracy when handling customer billing inquiries. From April 1999 to March 2000 (1 year) Senior Project Manager @ Led multiple cross functional teams to successful implementation of sales, operations, IT systems, and training to support global mobile service provisioning.
• Successfully orchestrated the integration of satellite telephone and pager service into an existing cellular service business. Launched organization as the first operationally ready service provider for the satellite network, accounting for a majority share of the network’s worldwide user base.
• Provided additional customer value and incremental sales in excess of $2.6M over an 18-month period by designing and implementing a program to provide international cellular service to U.S.-based subscribers. From November 1997 to April 1999 (1 year 6 months)
M.B.A., International Business @ Lake Forest Graduate School of Management From 1999 to 2004 B.A., English @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign From 1988 to 2002 Scott CDP is skilled in: Change Management, Performance Management, Management, Leadership Development, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Training, Business Development, Vendor Management, Organizational Development, Team Building, Operations Management, Succession Planning, Business Planning, Integration, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension