Sébastien is an expert at improving organisational performance, using customer experience and technology to refocus company strategy and business / operating models, with due consideration for risk management and regulatory dimensions. He he has delivered results in local, regional and global projects across the financial services and hospitality sectors, living and working in 8 countries across 5
Sébastien is an expert at improving organisational performance, using customer experience and technology to refocus company strategy and business / operating models, with due consideration for risk management and regulatory dimensions. He he has delivered results in local, regional and global projects across the financial services and hospitality sectors, living and working in 8 countries across 5 continents.
Project Manager, Transformation @ Responsible for a portfolio of regulatory projects (anti-money laundering / sanctions / financial crime).
- Managing a project that has reviewed and evidenced risk mitigation for 235+ financial crime related issues identified through historic audits / reports. Requires regular updates to CAO / CEO.
- Implemented and embedding new customer due diligence / KYC and AML & Sanctions procedures. In particular I prepared new customer onboarding procedures & account documentation, materials for Front Office staff & Senior Management training, an ‘embedding dashboard’ to track implementation success and new quality controls for periodic KYC reviews. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomGeneral Manager @ Oversaw strategy, planning, marketing and operations for my family’s hospitality business (holiday rentals, camping and food & beverage).
- Restructured marketing and distribution for core business increasing total revenues 61%, out of season revenues by 150% and tripling overall booking rate. Achieved through launching a new website and booking system, establishing online partnerships for acquisition and distribution.
- Extensive business and market analysis leading to new strategic plan, proposition development, budgets and a pricing review. Established customer satisfaction systems (inc. NPS) and analysis.
- Led re-classification exercise achieving an increase from 3 to 4-stars after review of 200+ criteria.
- Managed operations, staff training, development and supervision. Large increase in F&B sales. From May 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 1 month) FranceDelivery Manager, Client Experience @ VP-level role. Responsible for supporting the planning, engagement and delivery of different initiatives required to improve client experience across Asia, driving business growth, profitability and reputation.
- Review and restructure of the Asia complaint handling process, including design of new complaint handling system, metrics and training to align to regional regulatory and Group standards.
- Devising and delivering communications to private bankers on client experience issues/incidents.
- Project management for the rollout of a new client account opening process and documentation. From September 2012 to March 2013 (7 months) Hong KongImplementation Manager, Business Transformation @ Responsible for the implementation of the global target operating model for Trade and Supply Chain.
- Managed project to implement Premium Client Service teams in Hong Kong for our most profitable relationships (75% of revenues). Key milestones include defining global proposition, service levels and operating model; FTE planning, staffing negotiations and training; elaboration of new staff and management procedures; devising new key performance/risk indicators, objectives and management reporting; client, staff and management communications; and finally a successful phased launch.
- Business analysis and recommendations for the transformation of Singapore and China businesses. Drove improved definition of global target operating model, deployment methodology and tools for evaluating business maturity and project progress.
- Consultation on business requirements of new global systems for physical (barcode) and digital workflow management and business intelligence (Cognos) to improve customer centricity, process efficiency, error reduction, and allow tracking of end-to-end transaction turnaround times.
- Participated in recruitment and assessment events for HSBC’s International Manager programme. From June 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 4 months) Hong KongInternational Manager @ From September 2005 I was part of a cadre of globally mobile executives for the HSBC Group for 6 years, with assignments centrally determined according to business need. I was consistently rated a strong or outstanding performer, and passed in December 2010 an internal assessment for progression to senior management roles.
- Implementation Manager, Business Transformation at The Hongkong Shanghai Banking Corporation based in Hong Kong.
- Head of Business Intelligence and Special Projects Manager for SABB Takaful (Member HSBC Group) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Direct Business Manager for HSBC Brasil S.A. in Curitiba, Brazil.
- Commercial Banker for HSBC Canada in Calgary, Canada.
- Executive Trainee Development Programme at HSBC's Management Training College in Brickett Wood (North of London) with a short branch placement. From September 2005 to September 2011 (6 years 1 month) Head of Business Intelligence and Special Projects Manager @ Responsible for transforming our Islamic insurance operations to improve efficiency, customer experience, engagement, risk management and compliance.
- Initiated, planned and executed restructure of the operations department. Success metrics include reducing headcount by a third amidst growing business and improving our call answer rate from 75% to 98% and driving staff engagement scores through a significant organisational redesign.
- As department manager for life insurance servicing, I delivered a turnaround whilst assuring day-to-day management of the team. Successes include rectifying a non-satisfactory audit from my predecessor; reengineering systems and processes for improved efficiency, customer experience and risk management; and coaching direct reports and colleagues to improve their performance.
- Led a review of the company's operations to ensure compliance with newly launched local regulation on market conduct. Prepared and implemented remedial action plan.
- Part of a Saudi British Bank think tank (as a representative for the insurance business) delivering a Target Operating Model with Deloitte consultants.
- Extensive collaboration with life and non-life product managers to improve products, sales process and systems, product documentation, customer satisfaction and profitability. From December 2008 to June 2010 (1 year 7 months) Saudi ArabiaDirect Business Manager @ Acted as an internal consultant on CRM and direct channel strategy to bring best practices from within the HSBC Group, the industry and outside the industry.
- Led and delivered project to re-launch the Bank’s public website. Key milestones include comprehensive business and competitor benchmarking, review and optimisation of customer journeys, new information architecture and wire frames, new design, project resource planning, new site content (including SEO work) and a successful launch to the public. Won various Global Finance Awards, e.g. Best Consumer Site and Best Design.
- Developed a simplified CRM strategy for the ATM channel (5,000+ ATMs) to drive sales through a focus on products with high profitability and conversion efficiency, and according to the channel behaviour of customers. Our strategy won our marketing partner RMG a national award. Involved in CRM campaigns to drive sales and migration to direct channels.
- Delivered recommendations for internet banking to focus on a sales-through-service strategy and new key business indicators. Proactive collaboration across HSBC Group to share best practices. From May 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 8 months) BrazilCommercial Banking Account Manager @ Commercial banker managing and growing a diversified portfolio (assets of circa USD 38 million).
- Responsible for winning and keeping customers through perceptive and progressive credit proposals, preparing successful credit applications, being responsive to customer needs, making referrals to colleagues and ensuring ongoing monitoring of facilities.
- Gained significant new business from existing customers and new-to-Bank business (350% portfolio growth). Extensive collaboration with local and overseas colleagues across the organisation to win new business, e.g. Payments & Cash Management, Trade, Leasing, Treasury, Energy Financing, Personal Financial Services and Private Banking.
- Received extensive credit and relationship management training and specialist real estate, oil & gas and trade finance training. Arranged a secondment with the credit department. Exposed to syndicated lending. Developed bespoke credit facility tracking tools.
- Part of a Six Sigma project team working on client opportunity management. From November 2005 to May 2007 (1 year 7 months) CanadaAnalyst @ Worked on the roll-out of a business performance management solution working with external consultants for the world's leading IT solutions provider to the travel and tourism industry.
- Documented and reviewed corporate planning and control processes to enable automation of the reporting function through the design and implementation of dynamic reports, thus allowing analysts to focus on value-added activities. Deliverables include the design of a portal for partner companies to perform financial reporting, communication and training materials (recognised as best practice by management) and the roll-out of user access and security settings. From September 2003 to July 2004 (11 months) SpainMedia & Communications Officer @ Executive committee member responsible for communication and coordination of student activities.
- Coordinated internal and external communication for 12,000 students, devised comprehensive stakeholder-focused communication strategy for the organisation. Led the local council’s initiative to improve town/gown relations through our media relations (spokesperson for organisation).
- Led 170 strong student volunteer team producing nationally acclaimed student media. Increased newspaper distribution 25% and volunteer recruitment 40%, organised and delivered training.
- Led the implementation of web presence: site architecture and content, migrating offline processes online and site marketing. Responsible for channel management and improvements. From July 2002 to July 2003 (1 year 1 month) United Kingdom
BSc(Hons), International Management & Modern Languages (Spanish) @ University of Bath From 2000 to 2005 Sherborne School From 1994 to 1999 Sébastien Long is skilled in: Strategy, CRM, Business Analysis, Banking, Leadership, Business Transformation, Retail Banking, Relationship Management, Financial Services, Analytics, Change Management, Business Development, Operations Management, Commercial Banking, General Insurance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension