A passionate, highly motivated, result driven professional with 20 years of marketing expertise in the entertainment sector. Key skills include strategic brand management, leadership, communication, creativity and excelling in a dynamic environment. Experience working across development and publishing divisions, managing global franchises and multiple brand teams in Europe & the US. Successful in building and leading talented
A passionate, highly motivated, result driven professional with 20 years of marketing expertise in the entertainment sector. Key skills include strategic brand management, leadership, communication, creativity and excelling in a dynamic environment. Experience working across development and publishing divisions, managing global franchises and multiple brand teams in Europe & the US. Successful in building and leading talented teams whilst consistently setting new marketing standards.
Vice President Brand & Marketing - Live Division @ Overseeing the Brand, Marketing, PR & Creative Services team for the Square Enix mobile & F2P games. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Vice President Brands, Eidos Studios @ • Responsible for the global strategic planning and management of the SEE studio portfolio, across 5 international studio brand teams & the PAL regional marketing teams.
• VP Brand for Square Enix working with Crystal Dynamics on the successful "reboot" of Tomb Raider, from concept research to launch, SEE's biggest release to date & the fastest selling game in the franchise.
• Reporting to the COO & working with the General Management team to deliver the PAL revenue objectives for the group. Providing direction to the PAL publishing group on market scope, marketing spend & media mix, ensuring marketing plans are delivered & effectively executed against.
• Overseeing the creation of the global brand strategy; creative campaigns; communication & promotional partnerships plans for Hitman Absolution, a UK top 5 videogame in 2012 and Sleeping Dogs, the most successful new videogame IP in the UK & France in 2012. From December 2009 to Present (6 years) London, United KingdomGroup Marketing Director @ • Head of department responsibility leading the brand team & creative services department, managing third party relationships, setting and driving marketing strategy reporting to the European MD for Publishing.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the global brand strategy for the Tomb Raider Franchise, including global management of our brand, PR, community, licensing and promotional partnerships
• Overseeing the development of all marketing programs including advertising, promotions, PR, online in conjunction with the local territories.
• Responsibility for the marketing budget of £15 million
• Managing relationships with key departments at the head office including, product development, creative services, operations, localization and QA. From February 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 11 months) Brand Controller @ • Ensure strategic marketing processes are in place, understood and applied, motivating 6 direct reports to deliver against clearly defined objectives
• Manage the budgeting, forecasting, financial planning process for the brand team
• Develop and implement brand strategy across both mature and new properties, including Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Asylum; Mini Ninja’s; Just Cause and ensuring consistency, high creative standards and brand integrity across a portfolio
• Lead the relationship with the Studio Executive Producers during pre-production and full production, commissioning focus groups and research to feedback on product design and market potential From March 2006 to February 2008 (2 years) Global Marketing Manager - Harry Potter @ • Worldwide marketing lead & brand champion, managing the global brand strategy for the Harry Potter videogame franchise, with sales of over 30 million units.
• Established a new videogame franchise strategy with the launch of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire utilising film talent across all Marcomms and advocating a “closer to the movie” in-game strategy.
• Key contact for Warner Brothers, fostering a strong relationship and developing cross promotional opportunities with affiliates.
• Developed advertising creative, website plans, 3rd Party promotions and packaging/POS in conjunction with the Marcomms group to support local territory marketing requirements including the USA and Asia. From December 2003 to March 2006 (2 years 4 months) Brand Manager @ • Manage brand campaigns for children’s franchises including Rugrats; SpongeBob SquarePants; Star Wars; Scooby-Doo and LEGO
• Generating the strategic brand campaign materials as well as initiating and managing pan-European promotional opportunities in conjunction with third parties
• Responsible for creative development of international advertising, point of sale and packaging for titles, maximizing license potential and maintaining the integrity of the intellectual property. From June 2001 to December 2003 (2 years 7 months) UK Marketing Manager @ • Deliver marketing & media plans for key releases throughout the UK and Export territories consisting of advertising, online, CMR, PR, merchandising and sales promotion. From January 2000 to June 2001 (1 year 6 months) Product Manager @ From September 1998 to January 2000 (1 year 5 months) Marketing Executive @ From June 1995 to September 1998 (3 years 4 months) Guildford, United Kingdom
MA, Strategic Marketing Management @ Kingston University From 2002 to 2004 BA, American Studies @ Nottingham University From 1992 to 1995 Sarah Hoeksma is skilled in: Digital Marketing, Online Gaming, Product Marketing, Monetization, Video Games, Digital Strategy, Digital Media, Online Marketing, Brand Management, Online Advertising, Mobile Games, Entertainment, Creative Direction, Marketing, Interactive Entertainment
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension