As a researcher, I have gained an extensive skill background that is applicable to many subjects. For the last 5 years, I have worked as a member of a team and as a leader of my project engaging in information seeking, research strategy, problem solving, and innovation. First, and foremost, I will continue to engage my inquiring
As a researcher, I have gained an extensive skill background that is applicable to many subjects. For the last 5 years, I have worked as a member of a team and as a leader of my project engaging in information seeking, research strategy, problem solving, and innovation. First, and foremost, I will continue to engage my inquiring mind as is always open to new experiences. Next, I will continue my professional development by gaining more extensive experience in people management and supervision. Finally, I hope to engage in a leadership role that will reflect and enhance my skills in project planning and delivery.
Postdoctoral Fellow @ Project: Molecular mechanisms of serotonin dysregulation on migrating cortical interneurons
- Gained management skills as the head of a small team for the current project.
- Engaged with others to exchange ideas, defend points of view, reflect outcomes
- Presented work at multiple conferences to enhance communication of projects and
networking for increased collaboration
- Worked in a multicultural atmosphere From January 2015 to Present (1 year) PhD student in Neuroscience @ Project: Molecular mechanisms of serotonin dysregulation on migrating cortical interneurons
- Knowledge of animal models, molecular biology, genetics and genetic manipulation, in
vivo/in vitro research, development, biological engineering, confocal/fluorescence
microscopy, single-cell biology.
- Knowledge of Matlab/R/Microsoft Office/Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator From October 2010 to December 2014 (4 years 3 months) Geneva Area, SwitzerlandMasters student in Neuroscience @ Project: The role of generated V2 interneurons after spinal cord lesion in zebrafish.
- Gained extensive knowledge in higher research methods and information seeking.
- Improved knowledge of scientific ethics, principles, and sustainability. From September 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 1 month) Edinburgh, United KingdomTeacher @ Creative lesson planning for children ages 2 to 8 including english, science, sports, music, history, art and geography.
Basic translation from Japanese to English and reverse From April 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 5 months) Nagoya, Aichi, JapanInternship @ - Gained knowledge about the Pharmaceutical Industry including research/development and
phases involved in clinical trials.
- Gained practical laboratory experience.
- Assisting technical lab procedures such as ELISA biochemical assay and high performance
liquid chromatography (HPLC). From June 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 3 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Master of Science (MSc), Neuroscience @ The University of Edinburgh From 2009 to 2010 BSc, Biology @ Appalachian State University From 2002 to 2007 Sarah Frazer is skilled in: Neuroscience, Confocal Microscopy, Cell Biology, Fluorescence Microscopy, Immunohistochemistry, Science, Molecular Biology, Scientific Writing, Western Blotting, Cell Culture, Lifesciences, Molecular Cloning, In Vivo, Animal Models, Microscopy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension