CWA with certificate of merit, Competent and result oriented professional, having over 22 years of experience across Business Channels of General Trade, Modern Trade, Horeca and ECom business in the areas of Regional / Branch Accounting & Commercial operations Debtors Overdue Management Product Profitability Audits Statutory Compliances CFA Godown & logistics management Budgeting Order to cash process
CWA with certificate of merit, Competent and result oriented professional, having over 22 years of experience across Business Channels of General Trade, Modern Trade, Horeca and ECom business in the areas of Regional / Branch Accounting & Commercial operations Debtors Overdue Management Product Profitability Audits Statutory Compliances CFA Godown & logistics management Budgeting Order to cash process Product Distribution and Pricing Distribution Scheme Management Review of legal contracts and Liaison & Coordination;
• Implementing PAN India State wise Product Pricing Module for General Trade, Modern trade and horeca business models.
• Hands Off approach in Review, planning & implementing Commercial Policies for Debtors Management and innovative business strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Solutions oriented approach with excellent relationship and time management skills; efficient team leader striving consistently for delivering the responsibilities and offer quality work by streamlining various accounts and commercial operations.
• Exposure to working in SAP, JD edward and BAAN based Accounting Systems. Part of team for successful implementation of JD edward in Electrolux Kelvinator Limited in Dec 03.
Sr. General Manager ( Commercial Domestic) @ Amira Pure Foods, Delhi, NYSE Listed organisation, engaged in Manufacturing and Distribution of Basmati and non basmati Rice, Packed Namkeen and Organic Food grade items, having an annual turnover of over Rs.3000 crores. It is a 100 year old organization with manufacturing facility in Pataudi, Gurgaon.
• Looking after the complete Domestic commercial and sales accounting activities for all business of Rice, Snacks and Organic Products for all distribution channels i.e. General Trade, Modern trade, Horeca and Ecom.
• Setup of new branches in PAN India, (Started 10 branches in last 1&½ yrs) including various registration from Statutory authorities including VAT, APMC, FSSAI, Shop and Est. Act, PTax, complete setup of Accounts, Commercial Policies.
• Supervising & implementing Pricing policy for all business.
• Strategising and Driving Business along with Business head and Conceptualisation, implementation of various scheme and policies to achieve organisational goals.
• Responsible for review of product wise margin /profitability on various parameters to review the performance of business.
• Responsible for complete order to cash process of Pan India Locations to make it smooth and as per the policies of the company.
• Responsible for preparation and implementation of credit control policies for debtors control, to control overdue outstanding and to ensure there are NIL Bad debts.
• Responsible for preparation and review Budgets on regular basis for performance on various parameters.
• Handling various audits, internal and Statutory with Grant Thorton and SSK.
• Continuous monitoring of internal controls related to activities in branch Invoicing, inventory and Schemes/claims.
• Developing Various MIS Reports pertaining to Operations including Primary and Secondary Sales MIS, Product margin etc
• Supervising and completion of return and assessment in PAN India basis for VAT, APMC, Mandi Samiti, PTax etc. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) General Manager ( finance) @ Worked as General manager Finance, responsible for accounting, finance & commercial operations of the company for various business models i.e distribution, Modern retail, B2b with direct responsibility of finance & commercial functions, branch accounting, debtors overdue & credit control management, working capital management, order to cash process, godown operations, pricing management, product costing, logistics management, statutory compliances etc
Reporting to Managing Director From May 2011 to December 2011 (8 months) G.M. (Commercial and business operations) @ Worked as a GM (Commercial & Business Operations) in Luxor, a company in writing Instruments with Brands Like Luxor, Parker, Pilot, Waterman, Signature retail stores etc. I am responsible for Accounting & Commercial operations of the Company for various business channels like Distribution. Modern retail, E- Commerce, B2b & reporting to CFO
• Responsible for Complete Commercial operations for General Trade, Modern Trade, Ecom and Retail stores pertaining to PAN India branches, Godown, logistics, Budgeting for the Company with a turnover of approx. Rs. 250 crores,.
• Supervising Pan India Order to cash process to bring efficiency in Working capital Management.
• Involved in MIS reports for giving information about product Pricing, monitoring various scheme, Debtors overdue management, Reducing FG inventory to bring better NOD.
• Responsible for preparation and review of annual budget on regular basis to review performance on various parameters.
• Developing Various MIS through SAP to bring right information at right time to Business head and sale team.
• Statutory Compliance to PAN India Locations on Indirect Tax requirements with respect to Return Filing and Assessments.
• Conducting Audit and implementing various measures for better control over operations.
• Ensuring better control over hub godown and PAN India Godown to have NIL variance and bring Inventory within specified Norms.
• Meeting Internal and Statutory audit requirements for all branch operations.
• Vetting of legal agreement commercially to meet business requirement for business agreement, Rent/CFA etc.
• Implementation of E-Com setup of organisation to start own website and third party website operations.
• Following up with various parties for recovery of non recoverable amount through legal course of action if required. From November 2008 to May 2011 (2 years 7 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaD.G.M.(Commercial)- Polymers @ Worked as a DGM (Commercial)-Polymer in Jubilant, company in Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals. Responsible for Accounting,Commercial operations of four divisions i.e. Consumer products Division (CPD), Performance Chemical Division (PCD), SVPA Division & latex Division including regions all over India, plants & reporting to President (Polymers).
Accounts & Costing
• Supervising timely preparation of Divisional Accounts, Budgets, Product Pricing & Costing, and ensuring statutory compliances in all locations.
• Involved in MIS reports for giving information about product costs; monitoring various overheads and achieving maximum cost control in operations without affecting operational efficiency.
Annual Business Planning
• Contributions in formulating business plans / strategies for maximizing profitability & revenue generation & realize organizational goals.
• Generating MIS reports on various financial parameters to gauge the functioning of the organization.
VAT / Service Tax / TDS / Income Tax
• Compliance to various Indirect Tax requirements with respect to Return Filing and Assessments.
• Formulating budgets and conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions.
Auditing of Systems / Processes / Risk Management
• Conducting audits for evaluating internal control systems / procedures with a view to highlight the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations.
• Continuous review of existing systems, policies & procedures for smooth conduct of business and Development of new processes to bridge any gaps in the processes to facilitate internal financial controls.
Credit Control / Commercial Operations
• Channel Management
• Receivables Management, Monitoring of Debtors Aging, Collections, Reconciliation of Debtors.
• Conceptualisation and Implementation of Various scheme for developing of business.
• Management of channel finance scheme. From October 2004 to November 2008 (4 years 2 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaSr Manager ( Commercial) @ Worked as a Senior Manager (Branch Controls) in the Corporate office of the Indian operations of Electrolux, handling Accounting & Commercial operations of all branches all over India & reporting to Financial Controller.
Job responsibility included handling Branch Accounting & commercial operations at branches,Branch MIS/ ABE Reporting for branches, Completion of statutory audits, internal Audits at all branches,Compliance at branches to Corporate Circulars/ Branch Manual,Budgetary Reports for branch expenses, Handling all implemented modules of JD Edward (ERP) package,Project Coordinator for various IT initiatives at branches, Responsible for handling of CFA operations in all india 18 branches with 27 Billing locations, which includes controlling CFA transactions, & other operation of CFA, Analysis, Reporting & controlling of Receivables of company, Responsible for all statutory compliances of all branches. From February 1997 to October 2004 (7 years 9 months) Asst manager (accounts) @ Worked in Corporate Office of the company, handling all accounting operations of four regions. Reporting to Financial Controller. My profile included handling accounting, Profitability reporting, MIS, all type of audits i.e. statutory /tax/internal audits, Day to day dealing with banks, bill discounting, Issuance of Bank guarantee, Issuance of Letter of credits, etc. From February 1993 to February 1997 (4 years 1 month) Accounts Asst. @ worked as accounts executive with profile of accounting,banking management, LC , bank guarantee, CC Limit management & other MIS required From February 1992 to February 1993 (1 year 1 month)
ICWAI, Accounts, commerce @ Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India From 1988 to 1990 B com(h), accounts/commerce @ Delhi University From 1984 to 1988 12th, commerce @ Govt boys sr sec school shakti nagar no 1 From 1982 to 1984 Sanjay Vohra is skilled in: Worked in Various ERP's/packages i.e SAP, JD Edward, Baan, Tally, Budgeting, SAP, ERP, Inventory Management, Costing, Budgets, Tally ERP, Target Costing, JD Edwards, Management, Retail, Supply Chain Management, Vendor Management, Logistics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension