SVP & Head of Technology Strategy (CTO) @ Information and Technology Services
Head - North America - IMS CSG (iGATE) @ Capgemini
Director - Infrastructure & Cloud Computing, Dell Services @ Dell
Computer Science @
University of California, Berkeley
Sanjay is an executive leader with over 25 years of experience in working with global clients with a focus on Software and Services solutions including Cloud, Security, Data Centers, Systems Management and Service desk management. Sanjay has worked in the US and in India with some of the leading global companies. His experience has included leadership roles
Sanjay is an executive leader with over 25 years of experience in working with global clients with a focus on Software and Services solutions including Cloud, Security, Data Centers, Systems Management and Service desk management. Sanjay has worked in the US and in India with some of the leading global companies. His experience has included leadership roles including technology strategist, strategy consultant, program manager, lead architect and engineer. Sanjay has extensive onshore-nearshore-offshore service delivery and solution management experience for the infrastructure services sector
> 25+ years of experience in working with global corporations with a focus on technologies related to Cloud, virtualization, Servicedesk management, Security, Systems Management and Data Centers
o Senior Vice President & CTO at AST Corporation, leading the Infrastructure Services initiative
o Led the IGATE Infrastructure Client Services for North America
o Director and Client Delivery Executive for Infrastructure and Cloud Computing practice at Dell
o Program Director for Infrastructure Services practice at Wipro; managed sales, service delivery and account management for selected verticals and geographies
o Helped develop the India market entry strategy for SK Telecom
o AsiaPAC lead and Senior Director at Accenture
o Business Planning leader and program manager at IBM
> Cloud Computing experience includes solution design and strategy development for global clients for IaaS/PaaS
> Transitions and Transformation experience includes transition planning and service delivery for global clients
> Experience with large clients across various industries, including: Lifesciences, Manufacturing, Travel, Financial Services and Media/Telecom
> Key Competencies include Technology commercialization, Consulting, Strategy, Service Delivery, Program Management, Account Management, Cloud strategy and Infrastructure Services Sales
SVP & Head of Technology Strategy (CTO) @ Led the Cloud adoption strategy.
Led the Infrastructure Services initiative with a focus on Cloud Consulting Services, Disaster Recovery, Managed Security Services and On-Demand Services for Databases and storage.
Involved in public sector and private sector business and strategy consulting activities. From May 2015 to November 2015 (7 months) Head - North America - IMS CSG (iGATE) @ Led the sales and client services group for Infrastructure Management Services Practice for North America (iGATE - a Capgemini company)
• Managed a portfolio of over $100M across Banking/Financial Service/Insurance, Media, Telecom, Manufacturing and Life Sciences verticals
• Led several proposals for Infrastructure service programs including a $20M opportunity at a Media major and a $30M opportunity at a retail major From August 2014 to May 2015 (10 months) Director - Infrastructure & Cloud Computing, Dell Services @ • Managed one of the top ten ‘large enterprise’ accounts with global operations. Responsible for revenue targets and infrastructure services delivery, including cloud hosting, service desk, server & network support, end user computing, security and turnkey projects
• Managed Infrastructure Sales & Services Delivery across multiple towers including virtualization, asset management, network management, IT Security, Global Helpdesk and Projects and transitions
• Led the program to design and implement cloud based “Lab on Demand” for a global Financial Services client and established centers of excellence for cloud computing From March 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaDirector: IT Infrastructure Services & PMO Head @ As the Senior Director for Governance & Global Programs, responsible for program management, enterprise architecture, pre-sales and IT service delivery in the Life sciences, Manufacturing, Media/Telecom and Financial Services verticals
• Managed IT operations for a Global Pharmaceutical and a global Telecom company. Scope of services included BYOD, VDI, end user computing and data center services
• Managed large, complex Total Outsourcing programs in excess of $50M for a large financial services client. The scope of the engagement included systems management optimization, global helpdesk, data center services and network management
o Led the program to redesign Systems Management architecture and migrate from a dedicated model to shared services model for a large Manufacturing client (over $100M)
• Led the Infrastructure services proposals for two Financial Services opportunities, each over $100M From September 2010 to February 2013 (2 years 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaCountry Manager & Chief Operating Officer @ SKC&C is the IT/Telecom solutions and services arm of South Korea's SK Group. The India operations were focused on the Telecom and BFSI verticals in the Infra and application services.
As the head of India operations, I led:
1. Business Development and technology consulting initiatives.
2. Virtualization and On-Demand services strategy for the Telecom sector
3. IT Services Delivery from India Delivery Center
4. Technology sales, including building a sales pipeline and a sales organization. Won multi million deals to upgrade Telecom networks and infrastructure
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Sanjay+Gupta+SK+C%26C From November 2008 to August 2010 (1 year 10 months) Senior Director & Asia Pacific Lead: Infrastructure Services Transition and Business Development @ As the Asia Pacific Lead for Transition and Mobilization, responsible for all transitions strategy including resource mobilization and investments, for outsourcing engagements delivered out of APAC.
Responsible for all Telecom and BFSI specific pre/post-contract due diligence, Risk planning and mitigation, Transition and finance strategy.
Client engagements; RFPs/RFIs; Client visits to the Accenture India; Client presentations;
Customer satisfaction; Employee satisfaction; customer penetration; achievement of pricing/revenue targets; From June 2007 to November 2008 (1 year 6 months) eBH Business Planning Leader @ Managed a P&L of $8Million for the eBH Infrastructure Program, within IBM's $2B eBusiness Hosting Business.
Led the teams to define IBMs investments in the eBusiness Hosting Business
Responsible for overall technical direction and strategy for IBM's eBusiness Hosting Infrastructure worldwide.
Provide functional management and business direction to about 500 plus advisory and senior level I/T architects (global leader). Drove global consistency, maintained competitiveness of the eBH environments and responsible for customer satisfaction, across the 40 plus IBM data centers, globally.
Brought about cost savings ranging from 15%-25% of the annual IT budget. From April 1998 to June 2007 (9 years 3 months) Lead Architect - Global eBusiness Hosting Infrastructure @ Led the on-demand computing initiative, as the lead architect.
Lead systems management architect for IBM Tivoli Monitoring
Designed the systems management architecture for Tivoli framework, Tivoli Enterprise Console with various components of Tivoli suite including monitoring, Software distribution, Inventory and Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator.
Led the Cloud computing initiative including virtualization and on-demand provisioning From 1998 to 2006 (8 years) Greater Chicago AreaSoftware Engineer/Network Engineer/Systems Administrator @ From 1990 to 1998 (8 years)
Master’s Degree, Business - Science & Technology Commercialization @ The University of Texas at Austin - Red McCombs School of BusinessComputer Science @ University of California, Berkeley Sanjay Gupta is skilled in: Outsourcing, Solution Architecture, IT Strategy, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Architecture, Business Transformation, IT Outsourcing, Service Delivery, Vendor Management, IT Service Management, Global Delivery, Offshoring, SaaS, Enterprise Software, SOA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension