Bachelor of Engineering @
Maharshi Dayanand University
At Amazon, I work in Device Messaging team responsible for Amazon Device Messaging (https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/device-messaging). We push billions of messages a day to user devices. I'm responsible for design, development, testing and deployment of new features. I'm currently working on Configuration Service which will revolutionize the way a developer interact with their apps. I'm responsible for keeping our
At Amazon, I work in Device Messaging team responsible for Amazon Device Messaging (https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/device-messaging). We push billions of messages a day to user devices. I'm responsible for design, development, testing and deployment of new features. I'm currently working on Configuration Service which will revolutionize the way a developer interact with their apps. I'm responsible for keeping our services up and running 24/7 with 99.99% availability.
At Garmin, I was responsible for Requirement gathering from various clients team, System Design, Development and Maintenance of the projects/services in the server team. I coordinated with multiple client teams and providers. Good and clear communication is at the heart of healthy process.
My work at Garmin involved Spring, Hibernate, JAXB, MySQL, Cron Jobs and updaters, cluster programming, multiple system synchronization, client-server application development catering to millions of request per day.
I also worked as the Audio/Video intern for The MathWorks on the development of multi-layered audio-player and audio-recorder in C/C++ and M.
Working experience on Multi-Threaded Client Server architectures, Design Patterns, Enterprise level communication systems, Socket programming on Java/JEE.
Developed 3-Tier web application on JEE and My SQL
Also have experience in Device Drivers and System Programming.
Specialties: Proficiency in : Java, C/C++, VC++, C#, HTML, ASP.NET, VB 6.0, CSS 2.0, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Netbeans, Visual Studio 2008, Port Audio, Boost.
Database: MS-SQL, MySQL, MS Access.
Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit, Windows XP 64 bit, Windows Vista, Minix, Linux, MS DOS.
Software Development Engineer @ * Worked on ADM team responsible for Push Notification on Kindle Platform.
* Worked on Amazon Recess which provides seamless integration for GCM developer to migrate their app to Kindle.
* Created Server side and client side implementation for Recess. Wrote extensive integration test for compatibility.
* Drove the open source approval process. Contributed changes to Robolectric.
* Created in-house resource management system called Dewey for checking-in and checking out of resources used in Tests and by other services. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Engineer 2A @ My latest project is Garmin Adventures service (adventures.garmin.com) in the server team. I'm responsible for the service used by PC & Mac clients, web and Mobile clients. My responsibility involves talking with the client for requirements, development and testing.
At server team I'm responsible for storing user data in Oracle DB and on the cloud for redundancy. Fast search/retrieval is at the heart of the process which is accomplished by Solr search engine. Robust secure and effective communication using various types of protocol like Google Protobuf, Json etc guarantee consistent snapshot of the system across various clients. From January 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Software Engineer @ Responsible for Development/Testing/Maintenance of Garmin Weather Service which consists of the following components - Weather Conditions, Alerts, Radars, Road Conditions, Hourly Forecast, Partial Day forecast, Radar Imagery etc. There are over a million weather request every day polled by top of the line Garmin GPS and mobile apps from all around the world.
Map Tiles - Responsible for the development/maintenance of map tiles code base used for the generation of Static and Dynamic maps that makes one of the most visible aspect of Garmin navigation apps in the Mobile sector. Also responsible for generating these maps. A typical activity involves fetching of the map data from the map publishers, generating vector maps for various zoom levels which is accomplished by hundreds powerful machine running the job asynchronously and in parallel.
Responsible for creating a testing suite to perform the regression tests on the various activities on the server team. From January 2010 to January 2012 (2 years 1 month) Audio Video Intern @ 1. Carrying out a Requirement analysis, Backward compatibility analysis for audioplayer and audiorecorder.
2. Developing a new backend for AudioPlayer
AudioRecorder (http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdocref/audiorecorder.html) based on PortAudio and new buffering mechanism.
3. Developing new Front end based on the new backend ensuring the Full Backward Compatibly.
4. Collaboration with other engineers from other teams for code sharing. From January 2009 to July 2009 (7 months) Student Web Developer @ 1. Responsible for the Innovation and Implementation of new technology for their website.
2. Integrate the Library timings into a central repository (Google Calendar), and to pull the data to e displayed on various different pages.
4. Maintenance of Library Computers.
5. Maintenance of the legacy software system.
6. Troubleshooting of common programming problems.
7. Development of the prototype for the upcoming website. From January 2008 to December 2008 (1 year) Associate Software Engineer @ Worked as Software Developer/Tester for a Project called Zeenami. Major Responsibilities were:
1.. Testing of the complete website. Reported highest number of bugs and started Penetration testing for the project.
2. Training of new people in the team.
Worked as a Developer/Tester for the project called Leadtools (Raster and document Imaging)
1. Development of the Samples for the Product.
2. Grey Box testing.
3. Writing Automation Scripts.
Worked as Team Lead/Developer/Tester for project called DART (Live controls).
1. Led the team of 2 people for complete testing of the suite.
2. Training of new joiners.
3. Developement of samples for the suite. From May 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 9 months)
MS, Computer Science @ Illinois Institute of Technology From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science @ Maharshi Dayanand University From 2002 to 2006 Delhi Public School - Faridabad Sandeep Mukherjee is skilled in: C, C++, Java, Hadoop, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring, OOAD, Software Engineering, Solr, Memcached, Membase, GWT, AJAX, Boost, Linux, Minix, MapReduce, Maven, NetBeans, C#, Eclipse, Subversion, XML, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Web Services, Multithreading, JUnit, UML, Design Patterns, JSON, Swing, SQL, Object Oriented Design, Visual Studio, Web Applications, ASP.NET, Oracle, Databases, CSS, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Development, .NET, Mobile Applications, Programming, Git, Testing, Spring Framework