Certification, Oracle RDBMS @
Span Computer Institute, India
Expedia's Media Solution's Ad Engineering team is responsible for managing & displaying ads across all of Expedia & affiliates web pages for various points of sales. These ads are responsible for almost 10% of all of Expedia's generated
Expedia's Media Solution's Ad Engineering team is responsible for managing & displaying ads across all of Expedia & affiliates web pages for various points of sales. These ads are responsible for almost 10% of all of Expedia's generated revenue. Ad inventory is hosted on Google's Double Click for Publisher server and various static & some dynamic contents are hosted on Amazon's AWS and served using Akamai CDN. Ads are served using various targeting parameters.
• Creating Ads APIs for various departments & Point of Sales.
• Supporting ads technology integration into greater product and affiliated services.
• Built & refactored critical server side product components for Direct Commerce’s P2P SaaS solution.
• Built customized solution to fully automate Merck & Co.'s Procure-to-pay process resulting in reduced costs, high adoption rates, paper-free processes and larger profit margins.
• Redesigned Direct Commerce's entire P2P suite with new look & feel.
• Built customized dispute management suite for Walmart USA & LATAM.
• Built dashboard portal for Walmart USA & LATAM to display management related reports.
• Worked on multiple enhancements for other customers including Eli Lilly, Mayo Clinic,
• Built the unique SaaS solution, ePACT!T, to completely automate the entire lifecycle
of the contract process. This enabled customers with a secure and convenient way to
create and execute legally binding contracts online without cumbersome overhead of
printing, faxing or mailing.
SWAP!T Zone (www.swapitzone.com):
• Built an online social networking e-commerce platform, SWAP!T Zone, where users can swap, buy and sell items or services. The site is an online marketplace with the added value of connecting users in a familiar & reliable environment. SWAP!T Zone is the only platform for trading goods and professional skills in a seamlessly integrated social media platform.
FB Fan Page:
Cisco Treasury (IT Finance):
• Maintained a portfolio of about 40 applications in Treasury that was responsible for the daily cash
management process of all of Cisco's 40-50 billion dollar annual cash flow that includes cash
positioning, payment processing, Wire Transfers, reconciliation, Intercompany Loans, FX, Cash
Forecasting & Reporting.
• Managed end to end operations and initiatives for these applications.
• Prepared the roadmap, managed resources and ensured timely delivery of projects.
• Managed team of 20-developers based out of India.
• Retired 4-applications resulting in over 2-million dollar savings on support & maintenance.
• Identified risks and provided mitigation plans to business.
• Partnered with various cross-functional organizations across Cisco to leverage best practices and
tie it to the overall business vision.
• Implemented SOX controls to ensure all applications/tools are SOX compliant.
• Generated metrics for SOX Auditors.
• Implemented Treasury Work Station (TWS) to automate and streamline various cash
Oasis (Ordering Track):
The merger of Symantec Corporation with VERITAS Software brought about a need to merge
the two company's transactional ERP systems. This need was addressed by Project Oasis. One
of the key steps to achieving an integrated ERP system was to consolidate the Order Capture
processes in the two companies and maintain the ability for Partners to place orders from the
web by integrating Partner tools with the new ERP Customer Master, the Buying Program
Business Logic, the ERP SKU Catalog, and the ERP Staging Tables.
• Translated business requirements into technical specifications.
• Performed gap analysis, built new work flows, designed prototypes including data
modeling to seamlessly integrate Oracle order management & sales/partner ordering
In Focus Program (Marketing Store):
• Built portal to monitor and control the redemption of 3Com Partner MDF (Marketing development Funds) credits. This directly resulted the following:
- Increased Partner loyalty with 3Com.
- Increased Partner demand for 3Com products and services.
- Enhanced Partner perception of 3Com as a channel Partner.
• Implemented Internationalization for the entire portal.
Advanced Web Registration (AWR):
• Built AWR to facilitate handling of 3Com's product and license registration along with functionality to lock and unlock licenses.
Workplace Information Systems (WINS):
• Built WINS to assist space planners & facility managers to maintain Cisco's portfolio of buildings, floor, space/desk and employee assignment globally.
• Extended the functionality of Cisco's current space management tools (FIS, AutoCAD, WPR Data Warehouse) to accurately capture, maintain and support their planning and
space management processes worldwide.
Profit Contribution (PC):
• Enhanced & maintained PC to help Cisco managers distribute the profit earned, during any fiscal period, among different department hierarchies that contributed towards
• Worked on eCustomer, an enterprise wide customer data initiative that enabled Cisco to get a 360-degree view of its customers by accurately linking customer information
across the enterprise. It's based on the Oracle 11i suite of applications and uses Oracle's
Trading Community Architecture (TCA) as its foundation.
• Built Operational Data Management (ODM) module of eCustomer using Oracle Application Framework (OAF) technology to improve overall customer data quality. This drastically improved Cisco's ability to cross-sell and up-sell its products.
• Provided training on OAF to various team members.
New Hire Space Allocation:
Bill Pay Application:
• Built a web portal to enable customer reps to create & maintain business rules to calculate charges incurred by customers based on their membership standing.
• Built a backend console application to automate the task of billing customers on a monthly basis according to the parameters established using the above web portal.
Statistical Reporting Tool (SRT):
• Built SRT to generate business critical reports from any arbitrary data source for statistical analysis.
• Built a web based UI to enable users to create business rules, specify data source for the reports and schedule them for periodic automatic data retrieval.
Global Product & Pricing System (GPSy):
• Built a solution that enabled HP to re-price support products that were required by support marketing for almost 17-years but couldn't be implemented due to the lack of any acceptable solution. My solution made a huge difference in HP's support marketing and aside from saving "corporate funny money" (which ran into millions of dollars), this capability continues to help satisfy HP customers and build support revenue. From January 2000 to January 2001 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineer @ Technology Stack: Oracle 7.x/8i with Developer 2000, PL/SQL, Pro*C, C, C++, Unix.
• Maintained & enhanced application modules that assist 35 Tata sister companies in handling approximately 5 million investors, processing over 10 million transfers, and printing over 10 million interest/dividend /refund warrants.
• Worked on various portals to assist in splitting, division, consolidation & redemption of shares/warrants. From September 1997 to October 1999 (2 years 2 months) Instructor @ • Worked as a faculty member & instructor teaching various software courses offered by the institute. From August 1995 to January 1997 (1 year 6 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension