Dynamic and result driven professional with experience in engineering management, project management, product development, ODM/JDM contract manufacturing, supply chain engineering and high volume manufacturing. Proven track record in leading multi-discipline engineering teams in implementing new technologies in the high tech industry. Recognized for exceptional technical skills with rigor to drive programs in meeting or exceeding their KPIs
Dynamic and result driven professional with experience in engineering management, project management, product development, ODM/JDM contract manufacturing, supply chain engineering and high volume manufacturing. Proven track record in leading multi-discipline engineering teams in implementing new technologies in the high tech industry. Recognized for exceptional technical skills with rigor to drive programs in meeting or exceeding their KPIs and schedule. Excellent communication and collaboration skills across all teams and levels in the organization.
• Electrical and Systems Engineering
• Technical Leadership for Wireless handsets - UMTS/LTE/CDMA/WIFI/BT
• ODM, JDM and CM
• International Team Leadership
• Project and engineering Management
• Team Building
• Six Sigma practices and methods
• Process and Change Management
• Mass Volume Production
Contact: [email protected]
Sr. Engineering Manager @ Key lead in driving early investigation, definition and early prototyping of next generation low cost mobile phones. Collaborate with a cross functional team to determine features, technologies and key differentiators. Provide hardware design solutions to drive optimal quality and performance for the target market segment From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Engineering Manager @ Responsible for leading electrical hardware engineering teams in developing and shipping several CDMA / UMTS / LTE enabled smart phones to global markets.
• Led the turn around of 2nd generation MotoG with JDM partner in Taiwan. Defined clear requirements, provided architecture details and fostered an open communication link for exchanging information. Closely monitored their progress and quickly responded and corrected areas that required immediate attention to keep the program on target.
• Developed several design architecture options to meet carrier and regional requirements, schedule and product cost.
• Proposed and implemented a common hardware design for RF banding to meet specific carrier and regional requirements with minimal impact to HW performance and product cost. This resulted in simplifying the engineering effort and reducing prototype budget, 3rd party lab test and certification cost.
• Collaborated with the mechanical team, ID, manufacturing and SW teams to generate design solutions with minimal to no impact to critical design elements.
• Managed staff, prototype schedule and plan, bill of materials and sample delivery, created prototype expectations matrix, led test plan creation and monitored progress, drove all electrical hardware issues, supported manufacturing throughout the prototype build cycle and production ramp
• Collaborated with and supported all tests and global certifications (FCC, PTCRB, GCF, CTA,etc..) as well as Lab entries for global phone carriers From 2009 to 2014 (5 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaEngineering Section Manager @ Managed several iDEN and dual mode (CDMA/iDEN) handsets as well as first Qchat HPPT phone for Sprint from inception to mass production. This included technical and non technical ownership of the electrical HW, ensuring proper staffing, prototype budget, test equipment requirements, design budget, design implementation, test and analysis, specifications requirements and certifications are planned and carried out. Delivered 1st QCHAT HPPT phone, 1st in organization to deliver in partnership with JDM. From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaElectrical Engineer Lead @ • First in organization to deliver three die stack digital module to support the smallest iDEN handset along with ownership of the digital HW for the handset which included display, cameras, flexes, keypad etc..
• Managed the current products team comprised of ~15 engineers and technicians with focus on reducing field quality defects through tracking/analyzing and implementing changes to correct field defects, as well as ensuring supply chain continuity for all shipping phones in the portfolio (~10 models)
• Managed day-to-day activities of direct reports providing technical guidance and reviewing designs and test data. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaSenior Electronics Engineer @ From 1994 to 2001 (7 years) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaElectronics Engineer @ From 1992 to 1994 (2 years)
Bachelor's of Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering @ University of Central Florida From 1989 to 1991 Samar Ayoub is skilled in: LTE, Product Lifecycle Management, 3G, 3GPP, 4G, Analog, Bluetooth, CDMA, Cellular Communications, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Debugging, Design for Manufacturing, Device Drivers, Electrical Engineering, Electronics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension