I have experience in 2D & 3D art for both mobile and AAA games and, have developed the capacity for being a team player. My practices in art process and scene organization contribute to my ability to keep up with the demands of the industry. This, combined with my outgoing and charismatic personality, has allowed me to
I have experience in 2D & 3D art for both mobile and AAA games and, have developed the capacity for being a team player. My practices in art process and scene organization contribute to my ability to keep up with the demands of the industry. This, combined with my outgoing and charismatic personality, has allowed me to both constructively lead and follow within a team.
With my drive and passion I dedicate myself to not only contributing to the evolution of gaming, but also transporting an audience from this world into another.
Art Lead @ • Communicate with other departments to create an effective plan for art related tasks, including resource allocation.
• Maintain visual consistency of team’s deliverables through regular feedback: paint overs, hands-on tweaking, and constructive discourse.
• Provide a flexible range of support during Look Development and Full Production as needed: concept art, modeling, world building, lighting, tech art, marketing art. (Detailed summation available on request.)
• Bolster motivation of teams during production. From November 2011 to Present (4 years 2 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaArtist @ • Model and texture a diverse visual range of characters, creatures, weapons, and props.
• Created character and creature concept art.
• Work closely with the Art Director and Art Team to improve each project’s art style and quality.
• Supported Animators and Riggers to ensure character creation process was effective, including skinning tweaks, asset rigging, and character action/personality poses. From November 2011 to March 2012 (5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaAuthor (Mudbox 2013 Cookbook) @ Wrote and created tutorials for Mudbox training following a "recipe cookbook" format. This gave the book more flavor and applicable use of the content presented. From November 2011 to December 2011 (2 months) 3D Character Artist @ Focused on head and costume models/blend shapes/retopology for Yoda and Maul. Aided in character texturing and image editing/painting for advertising stills. See link for released piece on TV and in theaters:
Brisk Star Wars: Yoda vs. Darth Maul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwabxgoSGZY From October 2011 to November 2011 (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaArt Intern @ Created concept art and 3D assets, with a focus on characters, for AAA gaming. From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) San Francisco Bay Area3D Generalist @ Created concepts and 3D assets for iPhone & iPad gaming. From September 2010 to October 2010 (2 months) San Francisco Bay Area3D Character Art Intern @ Created concepts and 3D character art for Cowboys vs. Zombies on the iPhone/iPod. From October 2009 to January 2010 (4 months) San Francisco Bay Area3D Creature Artist @ Created a lioness high-res model and subsequent animation model for rigging and use in realistic animation courses. From May 2009 to January 2010 (9 months) San Francisco Bay Area
M.F.A., 3D Animation & VFX - Games @ Academy of Art University From 2008 to 2011 B.A., New Media @ Penn State University From 2003 to 2007 Sagar Patel is skilled in: Unreal Engine 4, Art Direction, Maya, Zbrush, Texturing, UV mapping, Mudbox, Conceptual Art, Digital Sculpting, Texture Painting, Animation, Characters, Unity3D, Video Games, 3D
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension