Principal Product Manager of Incubation @ SAP Ariba
Senior Product Manager - Incubation @ SAP Ariba
Principal / Founder @ Cangco Consulting
BS, Mechanical Engineering @
University of California, Berkeley
I bring ideas to life...for startups and enterprise companies
Senior Product Manager - Incubation @ • Ideate and incubate new SaaS products within the Incubation Group at SAP Lab From October 2015 to Present (2 months) Principal / Founder @ Assume advisory roles at various startups to guide first time and serial entrepreneurs through business model development, technology
I bring ideas to life...for startups and enterprise companies
Senior Product Manager - Incubation @ • Ideate and incubate new SaaS products within the Incubation Group at SAP Lab From October 2015 to Present (2 months) Principal / Founder @ Assume advisory roles at various startups to guide first time and serial entrepreneurs through business model development, technology feasibility, and scalability strategy. Sample highlights:
o Advised INNSIGHT.COM founder how to scale technology platform from prototype to its current production state (Winner of “The California Hotel & Lodging Association's 2014 Technology Innovation of The Year.”
o Developed the business plan, financial models, and pitch decks for ANJI INVESTMENT GROUP to help founder launch a private placement (securities) startup. Negotiated contracts with third-party vendors and FINRA securities brokerage firms on behalf of Anji.
Assume operational roles at startups to fill in missing critical capabilities. Sample highlights:
o As CTO - Architected and designed FREQUENCE (FKA VANTAGE LOCAL) back-office systems to lower the Cost-Of-Acquisition [of clients], Cost-Of-Ads, and Cost-Of-Servicing [existing clients] – lowered marginal costs by 60%. Hired technical team and determined the technologies for application development (GIT/PHP/AWS).
o As Product Manager - Designed SWEETSPOT WIFI local network-based mobile marketing platform. Authored the Product Requirements Document and transitioned to outsourced development team. From May 2011 to October 2015 (4 years 6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager (Consultant) @ • Partner with the cofounders to vet their “great ideas” and determine feasibility
• Analyze 200 million-plus Medicare records to gain insight on physician referral patterns, prescription
trend and public/private payment statistics
• Leverage insights to uncover business opportunity areas and make product requirement
recommendations on features and user experience
• Prototype the MVP (using HTML/CSS/JQUERY) to demo to potential clients and define product
requirements for a new CRM software built from the ground up for the healthcare industry From April 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 6 months) Market Strategy / Marketing Intelligence (Consultant) @ • Conceived a viable product using cutting edge technology from one of PARC’s Labs
• Developed a business model for the product and created financial models to estimate value
• Created sales and marketing materials, which included ROI calculator and a product vision demo, to aid the business teams in securing partners and potential customers From January 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 11 months) New Product Marketing (Consultant) @ • Worked with the Marketing Manager in redesigning the Victrio.com website to make it visually appealing, content more interesting, and information easier to find
• Created visual demos and prototypes for futuristic fraud prevention and identity authentication products that were shown in industry conferences
• Authored financial models to size the potential markets VICTRIO plans to enter From March 2012 to September 2014 (2 years 7 months) Senior Product Manager - Search Relevance and Quality @ • Introduced new features or enhancements to the internally-built search engine to increase the
relevance and quality ratings of the product ads returned
• Managed third-party vendors for crowdsourced search engine evaluation
• Collaborated with data scientists to find optimal search engine configurations using various
optimization algorithms (e.g. genetic algorithm) From May 2011 to March 2012 (11 months) Co-Founder/CEO @ youNYD offers a web platform that enables local businesses to promote and market their products/services in a sustainable way. Our platform is location based (promote local), leverages group buying power, and uses social media (facebook, twitter, and email) as the marketing vehicles.
Our DIY (or self serve) platform allows local businesses to easily create deals and insert them into our website. Email subscribers and site visitors find and get these deals, when they want. In addition our platform is offered as a white-label platform that other local business centric online sites can integrate into their own sites.
My responsibilities include:
- Conception of idea and business strategy
- Recruitment of team members from top universities (Berkeley, Yale, and Harvard)
- Creation and Management of product roadmap
- Negotiation with potential alliance/partners
- Presentation to Silicon Valley Angel Investors and Venture Capital Firms From October 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 8 months) Senior Product Manager in Search @ - Lead a team as the primary PM to develop and deploy a Hadoop based analytics platform for measuring feature performance and user activities on ebay.com in near real-time.
- Lead the initiative to integrate the suite of experimentation platforms that span across eBay.com. These platforms include both A/B experimentation platform and an automated user experience platform. Define the vision and requirements for the über solution.
- Lead a team of Product Managers to define and develop suite of quantitative and qualitative reports, metrics, and analysis to help eBay Global Search PMs acquire the key information needed for creating and evaluating features and products.
- Define the product requirements for an analytics platform (Hadoop based) that provides realtime key metrics to global product managers about granular individual feature performances on the site.
- Analyze eBay traffic across various contexts like site, user segmentation, category, and queries to develop hypothesis and deploy multiple optimized configurations within the finding experience.
- Liaise with international eBay country managers (ebay.FR, ebay.IT, …) and other eBay online marketplaces (stubhub, kijiji, …) to develop a strategy for surfacing the right item, to the right user, at the right time. From June 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 3 months) Client Development Program Manager @ - Managed concurrent projects with Professional Services, Engineering, Contractors, and Product Marketing to develop demonstrations and proof-of-concepts that highlight our products and capabilities for a particular client.
- Developed a Revenue Forecasting Methodology and standardized sales reporting.
- Created financial models and pricing strategies to maximize client's ROI and evaluate potential deal size.
- Managed a Customer Experience Assessment program which generated research and marketing marketing materials for business development initiatives.
- Acted as the liaison between Nuance On Demand and other sales channel (Reseller Partners and Inside Sales). From April 2007 to June 2008 (1 year 3 months) Business Development Manager @ - Developed a Customer Experience Analysis (CEA) Program to investigate target client's product offerings, depth of their self-service functions, and quality of their customer service.
- Created opportunity sizing methodology to vet through Fortune 500 companies and determined top target clients.
- Established an on-demand CEA research analysts program by hiring and training external contractors.
- Established process for developing customized, targeted, and engaging flash demos for key client executives
- Interacted with Client High Level Executives to provide overview of key CEA findings and recommended quick wins. From September 2006 to April 2007 (8 months) Experienced Consultant @ IT Project Manager
Client: BEA Systems, San Jose, CA
- Served as the Solutions Architect, Project Manager, and Database Manager in the migration and upgrade (major overhaul) of a Clarify Application from a local instance to a datacenter.
- Led a team of BEA DBAs, Java Developers, and Off-shore (Bangalore, India) team members throughout the project.
- Created the Project Work Plan and Design Documents for approval by the sponsoring IT Sr. Director.
Client: BEA Systems, San Jose, CA
- Worked with cross-functional team to test the Siebel Sales Force Automation
implementation and triaged the reported bugs and enhancements.
- Worked with Siebel Consultants to create a bug fix rollout plan so it coincided with resource availability in the EMEA, APAC, and AMERICA regions.
- Created a test work plan and trained team members globally on the functional scenarios. From July 2005 to June 2006 (1 year) Consultant @ SW Architect / Performance Test Lead
Client: SAP, Waldorf, Germany
- Designed the ABAP implementations for a new SAP Product, Payment Engine, and reviewed the design documents with off-shore developers in Spain.
- Led a team of SW Architects, Database SMEs, SAP R&D Scientists, and ABAP Developers in performance testing the Payment Engine and ensured future designs and enhancements met scalability and performance requirements.
- Produced Proof-of-Concepts for third-party integrations
SW Development Manager
Client: eBay, San Jose, CA
- Spearheaded a special task force team to rebuild a new rollout of the eBay Billing System which comprised of web services and batch jobs
- Developed the data migration plan for old data from the legacy billing system to the new platform
- Managed the day-to-day activities of independent contractors, eBay developers, and Accenture consultants
- Briefed eBay Directors and EVPs on daily activities, status, and plans and triaged high priority tasks From January 2003 to July 2005 (2 years 7 months) Experienced Analyst @ SW Development Lead
Client: eBay, San Jose, CA
- Led a team of C++ developers in the development of eBay products including Selling Manager, Selling Manager Pro, and Merchant Tool.
- Developed the technical and engineering design documents.
- Designed and developed Unix Batch Jobs to handle back-end processes that migrated data and delivered notifications to multiple eBay users.
Client: Washington Mutual, Irvine, CA
- Planned the technical rollout of the training environment across multiple training sites
- Served as the technical liaison for the training team to Ops and IT
- Developed the scheme for the generation, migration, and refresh of the training data
Client: Intel, Santa Clara, CA
- Developed in Active Server Pages (ASP) to enhance internal global marketing / partner portal for Intel Sales/Marketing
- Lead the team for application compatibility for browsers (Netscape Navigator, IE) and operating system (Windows, Mac OS) From July 2000 to January 2003 (2 years 7 months) Engineering Intern @ - Designed controls and circuits for test apparatus and assembled
- Developed the control software for testing apparatus using LabView
- Tested Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) Mass Flow Controllers for performance and failure analysis
- Presented to executives (engineering VPs) results and recommendations to enhance performance From June 1999 to May 2000 (1 year) Engineering Intern - Fluid Delivery Systems @ - Designed and developed testing apparatus for assessing Mass Flow Controller performance
- Developed in Visual Programing Language, Labview, to interact and control test apparatus
- Created a quality process for third party vendors to adhere to in order to be included into Applied Material Procurement database
- Interfaced with vendors on a weekly basis to provide status on their qualification process From June 1998 to January 1999 (8 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Technology, Entrepreneurship @ University of California, Berkeley - Walter A. Haas School of BusinessBS, Mechanical Engineering @ University of California, Berkeley
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension