Possess 13 years of professional software engineering experience, complimented by a 3 year software development internship. Held roles in all phases of the software development life-cycle. Involved in projects that range from cloud systems developed using Java, .NET, and Spring, to mobile and embedded projects developed using C/C++, Java, and Objective-C. An ethical and hardworking software engineer
Possess 13 years of professional software engineering experience, complimented by a 3 year software development internship. Held roles in all phases of the software development life-cycle. Involved in projects that range from cloud systems developed using Java, .NET, and Spring, to mobile and embedded projects developed using C/C++, Java, and Objective-C. An ethical and hardworking software engineer who exhibits strong communication and problem solving skills. Understands what it takes to develop reliable, robust software, and is willing to put forth the time and effort to exercise those principles.
Senior Software engineer @ Work was split between printer firmware and software to manage the printers (for Windows and Linux PCs/servers and mobile phones). All projects were run using the Agile/XP development process. Organized and ran two of the development teams while actively developing on the projects.
• Technical lead for the printer Cloud platform for the Link-OS strategy
• Technical lead for a team to integrate SNMP into the new line of Zebra printers.
• Technical lead for a team to introduce new networking-based features into the printers.
• One of 5 engineers that developed the current mobile platform SDK for Android, iOS, .NET, and Blackberry devices.
• One of 5 engineers that developed several server based applications that assist customers with the everyday management of their printers.
• Part of several small teams to migrate legacy features to the new printer architecture.
• All projects followed the Agile XP methodology including pair programming, test driven development, and iteration driven schedules From August 2007 to Present (8 years 5 months) Software Engineer @ • Personally designed and implemented the CMOS camera driver for the Motorola cell phone product line (since 2004). The camera driver design allows for any CMOS imager to be integrated into the phone hardware without the modification of software. The design considerably reduces the development time when higher resolution cameras are integrated into the product line.
• Technical lead for a team of several engineers that continue to enhance the CMOS camera driver and integrate it into newer Motorola product lines.
• Collaborated to integrate the nVIDIA GoForce 4000 Graphics Processing Unit family into the 2004/2005 Motorola third generation product lines. The new graphics processors allowed Motorola to develop a more competitive third generation product line by providing the resources needed by the architecture to support a 2.0 mega-pixel camera and QVGA display.
• Lead the Video Telephony feature testing phase for the Motorola A835 which was simultaneously conducted in four different countries. From 2001 to 2007 (6 years)
Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science @ Purdue University From 1997 to 2001 Ryan Brock is skilled in: C++, Computer Science, C, Java, Linux, Windows, Embedded Systems, Device Drivers, Programming, Zebra, Software Engineering, Perl, ClearCase, Debugging, Object Oriented Design, Firmware
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension