Member of Board of Directors @ LGBT Centre for Health and Wellbeing
I am an experienced primary research consultant who has provided research services for many public and private sector organisations covering an extensive variety of subject matters. A research generalist, I have expertise in all elements of the research process: identifying research needs and designing appropriate methodologies, conducting and commissioning fieldwork (such as surveys, focus groups or depth
I am an experienced primary research consultant who has provided research services for many public and private sector organisations covering an extensive variety of subject matters. A research generalist, I have expertise in all elements of the research process: identifying research needs and designing appropriate methodologies, conducting and commissioning fieldwork (such as surveys, focus groups or depth interviews), analysing quantitative and qualitative data, and providing reporting and recommendations. I am a professional and pragmatic consultant who is skilled in working with those with no prior research knowledge as well as those who are highly research literate. I take pride in enabling others to appreciate the significant role that research can play in information-based decision making, and ensuring that I provide clients with useful and usable insight.
Research Consultant @ Ruthless Research is my own Edinburgh-based research consultancy, through which I provide a range of qualitative and quantitative research solutions to organisations who work for the benefit of the community.
Ruthless Research was shortlisted for the Charity Times Consultancy of the year award, 2012 and 2013. From November 2010 to Present (5 years 2 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomMarket Research Associate @ Salient Point helps high-tech startups achieve commercial success, and I provide research consultancy services for Salient Point clients. From November 2010 to Present (5 years 2 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomMember of Board of Directors @ From August 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 2 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomRunner @ From August 2011 to August 2011 (1 month) Edinburgh, United KingdomHead of Research @ SDC provides strategic consultancy in the area of mental health and wellbeing, on a not-for-profit basis.
- Leading a small team providing strategic research consultancy;
- Developing, funding, managing, delivering and disseminating research projects;
- Building an award winning portfolio of work in the field of mental health, the arts and culture;
- Key clients include: NHS, Scottish Government, Mental Welfare Commission, Glasgow City Council. From July 2008 to October 2010 (2 years 4 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomResearch Consultant @ Part of a global organisation, TNS System Three specialises in consumer, social and business-to-business research for Scottish clients and clients with an interest in the Scottish population.
- Research consultancy for large scale quantitative research projects;
- Managing TNS’s monthly omnibus survey of 1,000 Scottish adults;
- Expertise in the evaluation of social marketing and websites, and public opinion polling;
- Key clients include: Stewart Milne Homes, Whyte & Mackay, Scottish Power, Scottish Enterprise, Cabinet Office, HMRC, Scottish Government. From October 2006 to June 2008 (1 year 9 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomResearch Manager @ The Audience Business is an audience development agency with a subscriber base of arts organisations.
- Responsibility for research services provided by The Audience Business;
- Providing strategic consultancy and actionable recommendations to local cultural providers;
- Key clients include: Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Edinburgh International Festival, Scottish Opera. From July 2004 to September 2006 (2 years 3 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomResearch Executive @ Test Research (a subsidiary of MORI) specialises in advertising, PR and communications research.
- Completion of the MORI graduate scheme;
- Day-to-day project management of quantitative and qualitative research projects;
- Key clients include: Royal Bank of Scotland, Environment Agency, Haringey Council. From July 2002 to July 2004 (2 years 1 month) London, United KingdomTeviot committee @ From 2000 to 2002 (2 years)
Lakes SchoolWindermereWindermereThe Diploma of the Market Research Society @ Market Research Society From 2005 to 2006 MA (hons), Sociology, 2:1 @ The University of Edinburgh From 1998 to 2002 BA, Business and Enterprise, Distinction and class medal @ Napier University From 2012 to 2012 Ruth Stevenson is skilled in: Qualitative research, Quantitative research, Project Management, Consultancy, Mental health, Social marketing, Arts, Omnibus surveys, Mental Health, Evaluation, Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, Advertising Research, Start-ups, Marketing Research
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension