Senior-level visionary with 22 years experience in wireless telecommunications driving cost-cutting, and multifaceted network projects. Proven telecommunications and wireless data leader aligning internal/external resources and multiple teams to design, deliver, and support inter/intrastate networks--skillfully troubleshooting and resolving the most challenging issues. Strategic planner with business acumen, clear communication, and ability to uncover/capitalize on revenue-producing opportunities. Technically savvy,
Senior-level visionary with 22 years experience in wireless telecommunications driving cost-cutting, and multifaceted network projects. Proven telecommunications and wireless data leader aligning internal/external resources and multiple teams to design, deliver, and support inter/intrastate networks--skillfully troubleshooting and resolving the most challenging issues. Strategic planner with business acumen, clear communication, and ability to uncover/capitalize on revenue-producing opportunities. Technically savvy, offering engineering background and extensive training through such companies as Lucent, NEC, Fujitsu, and Harris; apply extensive full project lifecycle knowledge to ensure network capacity supports/achieves aggressive, unified goals.
Specialties: budgeting, competitive contract management, delivery, design, directing, dwdm, ethernet, government, inventory management, logistics, management, mentoring, microwave, negotiation, networking, policy analysis, production, proposal writing, switches, system architecture.
Manager-Global Network Operations @ From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Director - Engineering and Operations @ From December 2010 to February 2014 (3 years 3 months) Transport Manager - Microwave @ From March 2010 to November 2010 (9 months) Manager- Network Facilites @ Manager Network Facilities (2008 2010)
Expanded and optimized dark fiber optic and microwave networks. Served as senior regional management team member, developing and executing strategic growth plans,
administering expense/capital budgets of 55M+ annually, and directing efforts of 8 engineers/circuit designers. Continually
reduced costs associated with Direct Telecom expenses through strong lease negotiations, vendor leaderships, and project
oversight--maximizing team performance and technical results from conception to support.
Leveraged existing networks to increase capacity while averting additional costs. Positioned Verizon to support higher 4G bandwidth requirements through forward-thinking strategic short-/long-term planning, as well as engineering and managerial insight. Innovations led to Verizon's ownership of an expansive fiber optic network and decreased leasing fees.
Led successful design, implementation, and project savings of the following projects:
Rochester Dark Fiber Project serving 88 cell sites 20-year cost savings of $33M+.
Ontario County Dark Fiber Project with 14 sites 10-year cost savings of $2.6M.
Hudson Valley Area Cell Site Dark Fiber Project 10-year cost savings of $2.4M. Interstate Fiber Project, spanning; and Connecticut.
· Decreased costs and instituted efficiencies by utilizing cross-departmental understanding to identify and eliminate duplication of efforts and use of unnecessary resources.
· Delivered on-time/under-budget network and engineering commitments that enabled exceptional customer experience.
· Produced detailed RFPs for major network projects, securing and negotiating contracts with highly reputable private and government fiber providers to plan/build multiple fiber optic rings.
· Attracted and retained top-producing staff, providing training and mentoring that boosted morale and company loyalty. From June 2008 to March 2010 (1 year 10 months) Manager- Network System Design @ Manager Network System Design (2005 2008)
Directed development and on-time delivery of multiple projects in support of new cell and embedded base programs.
Managed team of 8 equipment engineers and inventory coordinators that designed and implemented base station hardware/software upgrades, analog to CDMA conversions, 3G/EvDO deployments, and microwave upgrades. Provided fiscally-responsible allocation of an annual capital budget of $25M. Held direct accountability for inventory and delivery logistics for entire Upstate New York region. Spearheaded 20% revenue increase by transforming function of entire group from reactive to proactive--augmenting ordering and implementation efficiency. Produced a greater outcome with same funding amount.
· Delivered EvDO expansion at 120+% of budget by leading implementation of cell site engineering records collection and cost savings measures.
· Led #1 region in NE by establishing framework at staging facility in alignment with new national corporate guidelines.
· Decreased costs by more than 50% in one year by fostering a competitive environment for installation services.
· Recognized for transitioning organization into staging facility, exceeding highest company standards.
· Built and rolled out inventory model that became standard across NE region, which included sourcing new
warehousing/delivery vendor and launching software inventory tracking solution. From April 2005 to June 2008 (3 years 3 months) Network Operations Manager @ Managed an operations support team of 11 switch and cell technicians. Developed emergency action plans, Environmental compliance plans, employee development and training plans. Involved in new MSC construction and commissioning. Responsible for supporting all MSC and cell site hardware and software upgrades for the Rochester market. From 1998 to 2006 (8 years) Switch Technician @ From May 1995 to March 1998 (2 years 11 months) Switch Technician @ From 1994 to 1995 (1 year)
Bachelor of Science; 2010, Organizational Management @ Roberts Wesleyan College From 2009 to 2010 Associates of Science, Liberal Arts @ Empire State College From 1994 to 1994 Eastridge High School From 1981 to 1985 Russell DiLiberto is skilled in: Microwave, Ethernet, Wireless, Telecommunications, CDMA, Optical Fiber, Switches, 4G, Cellular Communications, Computer Network Operations, LTE, Program Management, DWDM, IP, T1
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension