Chairman Of The Board Of Trustees @ Overlake Hospital
VP & GM, Data Protection Cloud @ Responsible for defining and developing data protection cloud services within EMC Core Technologies division. Executive sponsor of Maginatics and Spanning acquisitions. Lead distributed development and cloud services team across U.S., EMEA and Asia. Leadership for Mozy, Spanning, Source One, and soon-to-be delivered products and services based on Maginatics technologies. From
VP & GM, Data Protection Cloud @ Responsible for defining and developing data protection cloud services within EMC Core Technologies division. Executive sponsor of Maginatics and Spanning acquisitions. Lead distributed development and cloud services team across U.S., EMEA and Asia. Leadership for Mozy, Spanning, Source One, and soon-to-be delivered products and services based on Maginatics technologies. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater Seattle AreaVP & GM, Backup Recovery Systems @ Responsible for cloud services within EMC's Backup Recovery Systems Division; also General Manager of SourceOne Mozy, an EMC Company. Led distributed development and cloud services team across U.S., EMEA and Asia. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Greater Seattle AreaVP & GM, SMB Products & Services @ Led Product Management and defined product strategy for VMware product line targeted to SMBs, including vSphere Essentials, Essentials Plus and management products. General Manager of Mozy. From April 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 9 months) Greater Seattle AreaChief Marketing Officer & VP Product Management @ CMO & Vice President of Product Management for Mozy, an industry-leading cloud services provider
Vice President of Marketing, Cloud Services Division, EMC From January 2010 to May 2011 (1 year 5 months) Consultant @ Consulting for CEOs of Internet-based start-ups.
• Enhanced client performance through strategic review and benchmarking of 1M unique visitor-a-month website.
• Developed CEO and investor dashboard for monitoring Web 2.0 consumer website. From January 2008 to February 2010 (2 years 2 months) President @ Led all aspects of 26-person technology company.
• Secured $4.3M in funding from Board of Directors with both Series B and C offerings.
• Established and managed strategic alliance with east coast hedge fund to develop proof-of-concept for new fund.
• Reestablished trading within 6 weeks of termination of alliance agreement, successfully securing all required sources including input data feed, brokers, and hosting data center.
• Negotiated exclusive licensing rights and profit-sharing agreement with New York-based hedge fund to allow continued development of system. From January 2006 to December 2007 (2 years) VP of Marketing @ Developed positioning and marketing plan for the company’s core product.
• Validated product and positioning with prospective customers and partners, developing messaging, reviewing product content and positioning with customers.
• Identified and investigated potential target markets, narrowing opportunities to capital markets From September 2004 to December 2005 (1 year 4 months) Vice President, Microsoft Business Solutions @ Led transition of Great Plains, including its 2,200 employees, 130,000 business customers, and 2,000 channel partners, from publicly traded company to new Microsoft division.
• Conducted comprehensive acquisition due diligence leading to $1.3 billion acquisition of Great Plains software and all subsidiaries.
• Integrated division into organization 2 months ahead of schedule.
• Defined and implemented new policies and procedures for all functions at integration creating seamless transition to Microsoft in all aspects including sales force and website messaging.
• Served as Microsoft spokesperson at annual sales event during Great Plains acquisition, presenting to channel partners, press and analysts, building excitement for integration. From December 2000 to September 2001 (10 months) Vice President, Knowledge Worker Solutions Group @ Directed overall marketing for one of Microsoft’s 5 major divisions’ product lines. Managed team of 52 product management and marketing professionals.
• Defined and articulated vision for knowledge workers as part of Forum 2000, a worldwide analyst and press conference expanding Microsoft’s presence and thought leadership. From January 2000 to December 2000 (1 year) Director, Servers Applications @ Directed product policies and marketing plans for $1B product line. Managed 25 marketing professionals and led 5 server product management teams.
• Achieved #1 ranking for Exchange after years trailing competition.
• Led business planning for major new product under development, Sharepoint Server, that became the fastest product in company history to generate $1B in revenue. From August 1998 to December 1999 (1 year 5 months) Group Product Manager, Server Applications @ Led product management teams for Exchange Server, Site Server, and Commerce Server. Managed team of 15 people.
• Refocused marketing efforts for Exchange, building market momentum and significantly exceeding $525M revenue plan.
• Created marketing organizations for two new products while strengthening a third including hiring team leaders and individual contributors, directing development of marketing plans. From April 1997 to July 1998 (1 year 4 months) Lead Product Manager, Internet Explorer @ • Collaborated with Microsoft’s sales force engaging Internet service providers and website partners in expanding support of Internet Explorer. From February 1996 to March 1997 (1 year 2 months) Lead Product Manager, Windows @ Directed 7 member consumer/end-user marketing team for Windows 95 with $20M budget.
• Achieved phenomenal product recognition and success implementing innovative marketing plan involving nation-wide consumer press, advertising, enthusiast marketing, and launch events. From January 1994 to February 1996 (2 years 2 months) Product Manager, Desktop Operating Systems @ Managed end-user marketing for MS-DOS 5 and 6 and MS-DOS/Windows bundle including positioning, advertising, channel programs, packaging, and product support. From July 1991 to December 1993 (2 years 6 months) Manager @ Designed and implemented information systems and consulted on streamlining business operations.
• Managed all aspects of $800,000 project, including process changes and training of 250 people internationally, accelerating product development process for $2B pharmaceutical company.
• Secured $1.5M contract with home center retailer managing project improvement of product delivery to 70 stores throughout the Western US. From January 1985 to August 1989 (4 years 8 months)
MBA, Marketing, Finance @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School From 1989 to 1991 BS, Industrial Engineering @ Stanford University From 1980 to 1984 Russ Stockdale is skilled in: Product Management, Analyst Relations, Enterprise Software, Go-to-market Strategy, Cloud Computing, Product Development, SaaS, Product Marketing, Leadership, Start-ups, Channel, Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, Team Leadership, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension