A Hands-on Director of Technology with 14+ years of delivering high-quality, industry leading software solutions using a customer-focused approach. Demonstrated track record of developing a deep understanding of client needs and translating them into innovative software solutions that dramatically enriches the customer experience while increasing customer satisfaction. Skilled at building, leading, and mentoring cross-functional teams of IT
A Hands-on Director of Technology with 14+ years of delivering high-quality, industry leading software solutions using a customer-focused approach. Demonstrated track record of developing a deep understanding of client needs and translating them into innovative software solutions that dramatically enriches the customer experience while increasing customer satisfaction. Skilled at building, leading, and mentoring cross-functional teams of IT professionals across a variety of disciplines and locations to continually provide advance technology that align with corporate vision and objectives.
Director, Mobile Engineering @ From February 2015 to Present (9 months) Palo Alto, CACo-Founder & CEO @ Taylor Maid is proud to be a family owned and operated business. Our management team has over 25 years experience in the residential and commercial cleaning industry. Our goal is to put this experience to work for you, your family, and your business.
Located in North Houston, Taylor Maid Cleaning Services operates in The Woodlands, Spring, Tomball, Klein, Conroe, and other surrounding areas. Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. Our staff is highly trained, responsible and reliable. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
Web: http://servicestaylormaid.com From December 2012 to Present (2 years 11 months) The Woodlands, TXDirector, Software Development @ Effectively manage all aspects of IT product development and infrastructure utilizing a team of 30 engineers (15 off-shore) and a $5M annual budget to develop and maintain groundbreaking IT product lines and platforms. Effectively collaborate with product marketing and business analyses to gather client and customer issues and translate them into effective solutions. Transformed company’s IT infrastructure to transition into the “next-generation” including building a platform, providing 24x7 access to data, and mobile applications to support operations and increase efficiencies.
• Created and managing the product line targeted at delivering collaborative solutions to construction professionals including.
• Deployed Pragmatic Marketing process for product ideation and creation.
• Certified in Pragmatic Modules: Foundations, Focus, and Build
• Implemented ‘Agile’ methodology based on ‘Scrum’ framework.
• Manage all facets of product development: Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Project Management, and UX Design.
• Give quarterly presentations to the Board of Directors on product development status.
• Two patents pending around automating the construction estimation process. From August 2010 to January 2015 (4 years 6 months) The Woodlands, TXGroup Manager @ Successfully managed the design, testing, and implementation of HTC “TouchFLO 3D”, an innovative new UI technology (Touch Platform) to run on mobile phones and provide a unique user experience. The innovative, intuitive software provided an amazing user experience and drove HTC into a brand new market allowing them to compete side-by-side with Apple and Samsung. Effectively implemented Agile process based on scrum for product development while collaborating closely with multiple teams in Taipei, Taiwan to manage all Android and Windows phone projects.
• Led the Innovation Software Group which developed and refined the signature user experiences on all HTC devices.
• Utilized cutting edge technologies and development methods to build best-in-class user experiences:
- HTC TouchFLO 3D - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TouchFLO_3D
- HTC Sense - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Sense
• Efficiently managed $2.5M budget including Salaries, Bonuses, Software, Hardware, and Employee Training.
• Responsible for day-to-day management of all product development staff.
• Led team of 20 Project Managers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers.
• Collaborated extensively with UX Design team to ensure extraordinary, cutting edge consumer experience. From October 2008 to July 2010 (1 year 10 months) Greater Seattle AreaLead Software Development Engineer @ Lead Software Development Engineer – HTC Touch Diamond & HTC Touch FLO 3D
Responsible for defining a software service business for all of HTC following Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) principals.
Leading a small team of three (3) developers responsible for HTC Touch FLO 3D.
Cross group collaboration with internal & external global teams including US, Europe, &Taipei.
Development in C/C++ and LUA.
Target platform: Window CE/Windows Mobile 6.1 From November 2007 to October 2008 (1 year) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Design Engineer Lead @ Built and managed a team of 8 developers and QA engineers in the XBOX XNA group to develop and implement new and innovative software on time and under budget. Pioneered the software and tool set for the independent game development community across multiple platforms including Xbox 360, Windows, and Zune. Worked across multiple teams to direct the creative vision, architecture, and end user experience of a brand new business at Microsoft.
Lead a team of eight (8) developers responsible for the XNA runtime and framework.
One of the original architect of the XBOX 360 .NET runtime, the XNA framework, and the XNA tool set.
Shipped three (3) versions of XNA Game Studio product on time and under budget.
Development in C/C++, C#, and XUI
Target platform: Xbox 360, Windows, and Zune
Extensive knowledge of the Xbox OS, XBox threading model, .NET runtime hosting, and game networking via XBox Live. From January 2005 to November 2007 (2 years 11 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Design Engineer @ Software Design Engineer - .Net Compact Framework
Responsible for the development of the embedded versions of the XML and Web Services libraries.
Increased the performance of the XML and Web Services code by 225%.
Co-authored book on the .Net Compact Framework titled Microsoft .Net Compact Framework Kick Start (Sams Publishing).
Development in C/C++, C#, and VB.NET
Target platform: Windows CE and Windows Mobile
Extensive knowledge of SOAP, XML, XML Web services, XML Schema, and XPath From March 2001 to January 2005 (3 years 11 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Design Engineer in Test @ Responsible for quality assurance of the Web Folders and Web Extender Client (WEC) features.
Increased automated test coverage of features by 300%.
Created several test tools written in C/C++ using COM. From January 2000 to March 2001 (1 year 3 months) Greater Seattle Area
BS, Computer Science @ Loyola University New Orleans From 1997 to 2000 BS, Computer Science @ Tulane University From 1995 to 1996 Ronnie Yates is skilled in: C#, Software Development, Software Design, .NET, XML, Scrum, Mobile Devices, Web Services, Software Engineering, Test Automation, Testing, Visual Studio, Agile Methodologies, Windows Mobile, Xbox 360, WPF, Software Project..., Software Licensing, VB.NET, SOA, Quality Assurance, WCF, Software Lifecycle..., Software Development..., Xbox, Windows CE, XNA, System Architecture, Embedded Systems, Agile Project Management, TFS, Object Oriented Design, Mobile Applications, Win32 API, Web Applications, Distributed Systems, Microsoft SQL Server, Architecture, Multithreading, iOS development, Architectures, Vendor Management, Operating Systems, Android, C++, Databases, ASP.NET, Database Design, SQL, Scalability
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension