After graduating from the University of Arizona with a degree in Business and Communications I joined REC Solar in a first-contact, lead-generating role. I exceeded expectations and was recognized as the top producer out of fifteen people company wide for both Q3 and Q4 of 2010, my first full quarters in the company. After a year in
After graduating from the University of Arizona with a degree in Business and Communications I joined REC Solar in a first-contact, lead-generating role. I exceeded expectations and was recognized as the top producer out of fifteen people company wide for both Q3 and Q4 of 2010, my first full quarters in the company. After a year in my starting position I moved into Inside Sales where I also exceeded quotas and received numerous accolades.
At the beginning of 2012 I joined Siliken USA on the manufacturing side of the industry. I hold the position of Territory Sales Manager for San Diego, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties.
Associate, Project Development @ Responsible for commercial/distributed generation project origination and acquisitions in California. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Director of Business Development, California @ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Account Manager @ From March 2013 to March 2014 (1 year 1 month) Territory Sales Manager @ B2B Sales Manager for Spanish run solar panel manufacturer Siliken USA. Territories covered are Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego, and Riverside Counties.
• Responsible for meeting with decision makers of solar businesses throughout Southern California territory in order to present product, negotiate price and payment terms, and develop ongoing business relationships for Spanish-based solar panel manufacturer.
• Expanded role from a 3 county territory to a 6 county territory after 6 months.
• Generated $3.6 million in sales in 2012.
• Closed $300K+ transaction 6 months prior to product being needed.
• Was required to provide solutions to problematic shipping, availability, and warranty situations on a daily basis.
• Negotiated and signed contract for first Taco Bell drive thru solar installation in U.S. From January 2012 to October 2012 (10 months) san diego, riverside, san bernardino, los angeles, orange county- californiaInside Sales Representative @ -Won 3rd and 4th quarter contests for most sales generated by and Event Coordinator in 2010 throughout all REC Solar branches in the United States.
-Produced leads for over $2.4 Million in sales as Event Coordinator.
-Heavily involved in brainstorming and idea building with upper management in order to drive lead numbers and reach lofty sales quotas in new and expanding markets.
-Helped to grow REC Solar as we penetrated new markets and created new positions.
-As the first person to hold the new Event Coordinator position in a brand new market I helped to define the role and set high expectations for the future of the position.
-Generated $950,000 in sales in first full month in Inside Sales. Lead the team for the month, while winning the contest for most financing contracts.
-Qualified over $1.3 Million in sales in September of 2011 and won contest for most wins.
-Had highest close ratio in July and September of 2011. From March 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 11 months) College Football- Wide Receiver @ From January 2006 to January 2009 (3 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Arts, Business and Communications @ University of Arizona From 2005 to 2009 Santa Margarita Catholic High School From 2001 to 2005 Rodney Rivera is skilled in: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, Cold Calling, Lead Generation, Account Management, Event Planning, Problem Solving, Presentations, Team Leadership, Negotiation, Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Sales, B2B, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension