IM&T Programme Manager @ North Warwickshire PCT
IT Director, Construction @ Interserve
BA (Hons) @
I am a successful Programme Manager / Project Portfolio Manager with expertise in leading teams to plan, execute, control and close projects – ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to great stakeholder satisfaction. I hold Prince 2, MSP, MoP and ITIL qualifications and have seventeen years experience in a variety of key project delivery, informatics and
I am a successful Programme Manager / Project Portfolio Manager with expertise in leading teams to plan, execute, control and close projects – ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to great stakeholder satisfaction. I hold Prince 2, MSP, MoP and ITIL qualifications and have seventeen years experience in a variety of key project delivery, informatics and performance management roles. I am SC cleared and have experience of project management within complex, secure environments. I am a confident, creative and versatile leader with excellent communication and presentation skills. I thrive whilst working in a progressive organization and have a strong project management focus that augments a clear understanding of the strategy and performance of organisations.
Specialties: Programme Management, Portfolio Management, IT Strategy, Project Management, Information Security, System Procurement, Multi-organisation/multi-site implementations, Stakeholder Engagement, Construction IT, Healthcare IT, Information Management, Security Cleared, Leading Teams
Head of IT, Construction @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) IT Projects Delivery Manager @ From August 2011 to July 2014 (3 years) Senior Project Manager @ Leading the analysis, design and implementation of information systems across multiple large organisations. In particular, to ensure that project plans are achieved and that appropriate documentation and communication take place with boards, stakeholders & staff. To manage project teams in the successful implementation of designated projects or programmes of work. To ensure the achievement of the potential benefits as identified in accordance with stated project aims and objectives. To ensure best value and budgetary control in all projects.
- Managed implementation of a new administration system to 3500 users, comprising 1 million+ records. Included defining new business processes, benefits management, rollout of replacement desktop infrastructure (£250K, 90 sites), migration of legacy data, planning user training and supply of all users with smartcards for system access.
- Managed the migration of complex, multi-interface system (100 users, 0.5 million+ records) from 3 local servers to single supplier hosted platform.
- Assisted in formulation of IM&T Strategy. This required engagement with stakeholders and analysis of their requirements, matching business need to programmes of work, creation of service catalogues and communication of the strategy to the wider organisation.
- Managed multiple teams implementing electronic records system across Coventry and Warwickshire. Involved staff recruitment, significant communications planning, writing to entire population (915K people) to inform of changes to records, planning training for 900 staff across 145 sites and budget of £0.5M. This included scheduling the work of 4 key external suppliers, with both projects running concurrently.
- Other work of note includes: - procurement of EDRMS for major organisation with over 3000 users, major desktop and server refresh projects, introduction of new system for secure electronic transfer of correspondence between multiple organisations. From October 2007 to August 2011 (3 years 11 months) IM&T Programme Manager @ Management of major projects - this comprised the strategic planning, design, implementation and support for IM&T projects across the Local Health Community, Rugby PCT and all GP practices therein. Leadership of a range of projects and areas, ensuring project plans are achieved. Negotiation with clinicians, administrative staff & patients over areas of contention & resistance, with regard to projects being undertaken. The design, development and implementation of training programmes for complex IT systems in order to ensure the effective delivery of IM&T projects.
- Implemented a 3 year IM&T strategy, covering major aspects of organisation’s work.
- Responsible for successful implementation of all Primary Care IT projects across 53 sites, 350 staff. These included nationally and locally funded initiatives, such as electronic appointment booking, secure transfer of pharmacy information, implementation of smartcard security system to over 600 staff, major desktop and server refresh (£330K).
- Led on the definition, management and implementation of organisational and cultural change in respect of all IT projects. Ensured that all national and local targets/deadlines regarding projects were met.
- Successful leadership of Access, Booking and Choice programme across county, implementing a new system that integrated with existing large scale administration systems at 2 large multi-site organisations and many smaller sites.
- Won bid for and implemented national ‘first-of-type’ pilot – secure electronic transfer of prescriptions (iSoft-CSC to LloydsPharmacy). From October 2004 to October 2007 (3 years 1 month) Information Projects Manager @ Development of the information service and formulation of the information strategy to support the delivery of business objectives and the performance management of the organisation. Preparation and presentation of performance information for a variety of internal uses. Co-ordination of external returns to government & other regional organisations. Design and implementation of an organisation wide performance management process, including the agreement of, definition of, collection and analysis of key performance indicators. Overall management of the 3 departmental managers and their 50 staff. Development of an affordable policy for the procurement and funding of systems and maintenance costs, in line with new contracting procedures. Monitoring and sign-off of expenditure on systems purchases, upgrades and maintenance against identified budgets.
- Implemented encrypted messaging system for secure transmission of clinical results.
- Migrated all local organisations from legacy network to new secure network (Racal to BT N3).
- Implemented new performance monitoring system, giving all managers and board members easy access to accurate, timely and relevant management information.
- Greatly improved organisations ability to monitor and analyse performance, by expanding the information department and investing in new information systems. From April 2003 to October 2004 (1 year 7 months)
MSc, IT for Management @ Coventry University From 1996 to 1999 BA (Hons), English, 2:1 @ Lancaster University From 1991 to 1994 1 A-Level, Psychology @ City College Coventry From 1990 to 1991 1 Cambridge STEP, 4 A-Levels, 9 GCSEs @ Bablake School, Coventry From 1983 to 1990 Robin Turton is skilled in: Information Management, Budgeting, Procurement, Program Management, Change Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Project Planning, Stakeholder Management, ITIL, Healthcare, Performance Management, Customer Relations, Planning, MS Project, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension